1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 13:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What makes you think this is the only universe? There may be an infinity of universes, each one created by another god. Ever think of that?
    The slight problem with this idea is that universe means everything, if there is something outside of it then it isn't the universe (in it's entirety). Therefore you can't have more than one universe, and nothing can exist outside of the universe (including god).
    have a look at the "There is no God because my evidence says.........." thread in sprituality forum.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 20:50
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    There are many paths to the top of the mountain
    LOL
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 21:36
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    That's why your mind has already began to burn.
    No, no. My mind is burning simply from listening to your drivel.
  4. H. T. & E. hte
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 17:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The slight problem with this idea is that universe means everything, if there is something outside of it then it isn't the universe (in it's entirety). Therefore you can't have more than one universe, and nothing can exist outside of the universe (including god).
    have a look at the "There is no God because my evidence says.........." thread in sprituality forum.
    God the Supreme Spirit is complete whole in itself;

The universe , the whole of nature has emerged out of that whole;

The universe too is the complete whole in itself;

After this (universe) wholeness is taken out of that (Supreme God's) wholeness;

That complete entity (the God) still remains a complete whole as before;

.....That's the vedantic concept of God. It is akin to the concept of infinity of mathematics. Infinity minus infinity is still infinity.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 11:12
    Originally posted by ranjan sinha
    God the Supreme Spirit is complete whole in itself;

The universe , the whole of nature has emerged out of that whole;

The universe too is the complete whole in itself;

After this (universe) wholeness is taken out of that (Supreme God's) wholeness;

That complete entity (the God) still remains a complete whole as before;
    ...[text shortened]... n to the concept of infinity of mathematics. Infinity minus infinity is still infinity.
    Mathematicaly, the metafore for the universe is 'the set of all sets, including it's self', under the current definition of the word there is no wiggle room to alow anything outside of it.
  6. Joined
    31 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Mathematicaly, the metafore for the universe is 'the set of all sets, including it's self', under the current definition of the word there is no wiggle room to alow anything outside of it.
    Yes . It is very much akin to self-referential sets. All self-referential sets must have infinite cardinality i.e. the number of elements in such a set must be infinity.
  7. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 14:31
    Originally posted by cheskmate
    Complete the above sentence with as many questions as you can to point out the discrepancies in the premise of ONE GOD.

Let the believers (theists) answer the WHY's.........
    If there is but one God, then I am the ONE.

You can't prove me wrong, for, I am never wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree