1. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 09:301 edit
    PREFACE:This thread was designed with the intent of solely informational purposes and the direct and lively opinions of whoever wishes to voice an opinion,with every opinion being equally valid. It is the hope of this writer that any kind of logical debate,however cogent the argument maybe, will not be engaged or forthwith brought to bear upon this open dialogue and discusssion of the subject matter.

Wasilly Kandinsky. He was a true master of his craft and in 1911 he published a book called "Concerning the spiritual in art"and in the coming years much of modern art developed from the new principles in this very same book. Kandinsky thought that art should be a form of mucic, so to speak, and this was reflected in his work.He was concerned with expressing "the inner meaning" in his paintings. He tried to break down the barrrier between painting and music. Kandinsky said "Presumably the lines and colours have the same effect as harmony and rhythm in music have on the truly musical". Kandinsky was not just a great artist, he was a visionary and one of the truly profound persons. I would welcome any comments and discussions about what Kandinsky was truly after and passionate about.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 11:32
    Originally posted by skywalker red
    PREFACE:This thread was designed with the intent of solely informational purposes and the direct and lively opinions of whoever wishes to voice an opinion,with every opinion being equally valid. It is the hope of this writer that any kind of logical debate,however cogent the argument maybe, will not be engaged or forthwith brought to bear upon this op ...[text shortened]... welcome any comments and discussions about what Kandinsky was truly after and passionate about.
    This is absolutely groundless thinking. It is also godless thinking. How can anything be spiritual unless it is contained in the Holy Inerrant Word of God, TheBiible...with Red Letters.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 12:49
    PREFACE:This thread was designed with the intent of solely informational purposes and the direct and lively opinions of whoever wishes to voice an opinion,with every opinion being equally valid. It is the hope of this writer that any kind of logical debate,however cogent the argument maybe, will not be engaged or forthwith brought to bear upon this op ...[text shortened]... welcome any comments and discussions about what Kandinsky was truly after and passionate about.
    It is widely thought that Kandinsky had a rare condition known as synaesthesia, one condition of which is that the person will have a strong association between certain sounds and certain colors. Kandinsky was able to "hear" color, so to speak. Kandinsky (who was also a musician) once said, "Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul."
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 13:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It is widely thought that Kandinsky had a rare condition known as synaesthesia, one condition of which is that the person will have a strong association between certain sounds and certain colors. Kandinsky was able to "hear" color, so to speak. Kandinsky (who was also a musician) once said, "Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, the soul is ...[text shortened]... e artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul."
    that is very interesting,,I knew that as a child, he played both the piano and the cello but i didnt know about the synaesthesia. thank you.
  5. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 13:06
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This is absolutely groundless thinking. It is also godless thinking. How can anything be spiritual unless it is contained in the Holy Inerrant Word of God, TheBiible...with Red Letters.
    thank you..
  6. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 13:08
    Speaking of obsession with colour, why the red letters, Kirksey, if you don't mind me asking?
  7. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 14:24
    you narrow-minded idiot.... you dont even know who Kandinsky was and yet you assume moral superiority over me, your ignorance is showing. please dont clutter up this thread with nonsense.
  8. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 14:42
    you narrow-minded idiot.... you dont even know who Kandinsky was and yet you assume moral superiority over me, your ignorance is showing. please dont clutter up this thread with nonsense.
    Eeep 😲
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:02
    Uhhh...I think he was joking.
  10. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:07
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Uhhh...I think he was joking.
    he doesnt know me that well to be so flippant since i have had no prior conversations with him.
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:48
    Maybe the Rev. was confusing Kandinsky with his lesser known contemporary, Butdinsky.

An easy mistake to make...
  12. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:00
    he doesnt know me that well to be so flippant since i have had no prior conversations with him.
    yeah, but seriously... even if you have never read any of Rev. Kirks posts before, that comment was dripping with sarcasm. I thought "Big red letters..." gave it away.

Sorry you missed that he was siding with you. Enough clutter - please carry on.
  13. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:10
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    yeah, but seriously... even if you have never read any of Rev. Kirks posts before, that comment was dripping with sarcasm. I thought "Big red letters..." gave it away.

Actually, Belgianfreak, he did not say "Big red letters", but rather "Red Letters", which led ME to assume he were talking about the King James edition of the Bible...

If so, would the Rev. care to explain his reasoning, which I am sure is ample?

Or, if he had indeed heard of Kandinsky, and was indeed drenching his words in sarcasm. I'd have my doubts, but I'm sure he will dispel them.
  14. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:15
    Originally posted by belgianfreak

well, okay,,i apologize to the right reverend if indeed he was siding with me, but from my perspective and not being familiar with him i took it the wrong way.. again,, i apologize to the gentleman.
  15. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:23
    A little hasty, perhaps, Red? Why not wait and see what Rev.X. has to say for himself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree