1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 23:52
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]As I said earlier:
    The key statement is "Christians think Jews and Muslims are wrong". They do...you can't seem to wrap your mind around the simple fact that since Christians think Jews and Muslims don't acknowledge the correctness of the standards for salvation recognized by Jews and Muslims, Christians think they are WRONG.

And, as I have alrea ...[text shortened]... ed simply to criticise me while having no interest in the debate at all.[/b]
    lol. And sometimes the child insists on remaining a child...

I was going to point out in detail where you continue to misrepresent the facts in order to try to "save" your argument, but why bother? I swear, it's like talking to a young teen. You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply.

Good luck to you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 07:49
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    lol. And sometimes the child insists on remaining a child...

I was going to point out in detail where you continue to misrepresent the facts in order to try to "save" your argument, but why bother? I swear, it's like talking to a young teen. You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply.

Good luck to you.
    My arguments are there and speak for themselves. I have respect on this forum. Only you want to pursue this bizarre character attack against me.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 08:50
    My arguments are there and speak for themselves. I have respect on this forum. Only you want to pursue this bizarre character attack against me.
    Hes been wishing you luck for fourteen days now, if only he meant it!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 15:525 edits
    Yes they do. Your arguments with me on this thread and others show the arguments of a petulant child.

You repeatedly misrepresent facts in order to make your arguments. As a simple example, on your previous post you made the following statement:
    "You barged into this thread, some time after the discussion had ceased, simply to reprimand my supposed misinterpretation."
    I posted the following a little over three hours after the last post to offer the following opinion:
    "Seems to me that the point is that they each think the other ultimately wrong."
    The facts are that it wasn't a "reprimand", it was made in a timely fashion for this venue and to characterize it as "barging" is ridiculous. This just one of many examples of which more than a few have already been pointed out. Pointing them out only seems to lead to more misrepresentation. It's a behavior most often seen in children though not limited to them.

An objective observer who takes the time to understand our discussion here and elsewhere will see that what you call a "bizarre character attack" is simply the truth.

Good luck in coming to understand yourself and the world in general. Like I said earlier, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply."
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 15:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hes been wishing you luck for fourteen days now, if only he meant it!
    My wish for luck is sincere. Seems like he's really going to need it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 16:40
    My wish for luck is sincere. Seems like he's really going to need it.
    Id say more than luck was needed to extract something positive from you, miraculous i think might just about cover it.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Id say more than luck was needed to extract something positive from you, miraculous i think might just about cover it.
    Positive? Meaning?

Is your post "positive"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 21:54
    Yes they do. Your arguments with me on this thread and others show the arguments of a petulant child.

You repeatedly misrepresent facts in order to make your arguments. As a simple example, on your previous post you made the following statement:
    "You barged into this thread, some time after the discussion had ceased, simply to reprimand my supposed m ...[text shortened]... er, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply."
    Here's the thing, ThinkOfOne, when I come onto this forum, I like to discuss history, Scripture and philosophy. These subjects interest me. You show little interest in engaging any sort of discussion on this. Your current aim is 'Let's try to get something on Conrau K'. I don't care anymore. The fact is for the last week and more you have simply wanted to debate whether I have accurately represented 667joe's post. That's it. It has simply been a mindless vendetta and most of your contribution has simply consisted of snide remarks on my maturity. Whenever I put forward my own arguments, though, you never respond. I really can't see how you can pass yourself off as any exemplum of a good debater.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 23:22
    Here's the thing, ThinkOfOne, when I come onto this forum, I like to discuss history, Scripture and philosophy. These subjects interest me. You show little interest in engaging any sort of discussion on this. Your current aim is 'Let's try to get something on Conrau K'. I don't care anymore. The fact is for the last week and more you have simply wanted to d ...[text shortened]... ond. I really can't see how you can pass yourself off as any exemplum of a good debater.
    As I said, pointing out your misrepresentation only seems to lead to more misrepresentation as evidenced here.

Once again, good luck in coming to understand yourself and the world in general. Like I said earlier, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply."

You really do remind me of a friend of mine in a lot of ways. It took a couple of years for her to be able to even begin seeing herself as she is. One can only hope that such a revelation comes easier for you.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 23:31
    As I said, pointing out your misrepresentation only seems to lead to more misrepresentation as evidenced here.

Once again, good luck in coming to understand yourself and the world in general. Like I said earlier, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply."

You really do remind me of a friend of mine in a lot of way ...[text shortened]... begin seeing herself as she is. One can only hope that such a revelation comes easier for you.
    You really do remind me of a friend of mine in a lot of ways. It took a couple of years for her to be able to even begin seeing herself as she is. One can only hope that such a revelation comes easier for you.

I really don't care about any putative friends you may have. Please don't respond to any of my posts anymore. You lack the fundamental skills for a good debate. You know nothing about me yet all you want to do is pass judgment on my intellect and maturity and, then, bizarrely, compare me to fantasy friends of yours. I don't care anymore. If you're a lonely old man, perhaps visit your local library to play chess.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 01:22
    [b]You really do remind me of a friend of mine in a lot of ways. It took a couple of years for her to be able to even begin seeing herself as she is. One can only hope that such a revelation comes easier for you.

I really don't care about any putative friends you may have. Please don't respond to any of my posts anymore. You lack the fundamental skil ...[text shortened]... 't care anymore. If you're a lonely old man, perhaps visit your local library to play chess.[/b]
    She's quite real. It comes as little surprise that you feel compelled to dismiss her existence by telling yourself that she must be a "fantasy friend". Like I said earlier, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply." Not only regarding her, but with the rest of your post as well.

Once again, good luck in coming to understand yourself and the world in general.

"The truth will make you free". The teachings of Jesus are remarkably deep and profound.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 03:43
    She's quite real. It comes as little surprise that you feel compelled to dismiss her existence by telling yourself that she must be a "fantasy friend". Like I said earlier, "You should read up on ego defense mechanisms. More than a few seem to apply." Not only regarding her, but with the rest of your post as well.

Once again, good luck in coming to un ...[text shortened]...
    "The truth will make you free". The teachings of Jesus are remarkably deep and profound.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know your friend, so this post makes no sense to me. Are you in an institution? I guess that must be where you learned psychobabble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree