1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    21 Jul '05 03:411 edit
    Stargate SG1

    This SciFi program on SciFi is based on the original movie. A basic run down of the Movie and TV show is all about the Egyptian Gods... and even Thor if I remember in one TV episode, perhaps other Gods being alians, and FALSE GODS.

    The lucky and strong slaves always overthrow the bad guys who are nothing more than sybiotic slugs in a normal person. They might run into normal people that stick up thinking this slug guy is a real God, or they even fear the wrath of these FALSE GODS.

    So, is this a show full of heathens, or atheists? They've never run into 'THE GOD OF THE BIBLE' so perhaps they are not? If you watch the show, what are your thoughts? Could they pull off calling out the GOD OF THE BIBLE. Is there a reason they are avoiding that?

    P-
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148578
    21 Jul '05 05:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Stargate SG1

    This SciFi program on SciFi is based on the original movie. A basic run down of the Movie and TV show is all about the Egyptian Gods... and even Thor if I remember in one TV episode, perhaps other Gods being alians, and FALSE GODS.

    The lucky and strong slaves always overthrow the bad guys who are nothing more than sybiotic slugs in a n ...[text shortened]... they pull off calling out the GOD OF THE BIBLE. Is there a reason they are avoiding that?

    P-
    I would say to avoid offending a huge portion of those watching.
    Kelly
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    21 Jul '05 05:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Stargate SG1

    This SciFi program on SciFi is based on the original movie. A basic run down of the Movie and TV show is all about the Egyptian Gods... and even Thor if I remember in one TV episode, perhaps other Gods being alians, and FALSE GODS.

    The lucky and strong slaves always overthrow the bad guys who are nothing more than sybiotic slugs in a n ...[text shortened]... they pull off calling out the GOD OF THE BIBLE. Is there a reason they are avoiding that?

    P-
    All I know is Major Carter is hot!!!
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    21 Jul '05 07:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Stargate SG1

    This SciFi program on SciFi is based on the original movie. A basic run down of the Movie and TV show is all about the Egyptian Gods... and even Thor if I remember in one TV episode, perhaps other Gods being alians, and FALSE GODS.

    The lucky and strong slaves always overthrow the bad guys who are nothing more than sybiotic slugs in a n ...[text shortened]... they pull off calling out the GOD OF THE BIBLE. Is there a reason they are avoiding that?

    P-
    They are obviously avoiding it. Thor turned out to be a member of an alien race that is friendly to humans.

    They have also not taken on Hindu, buddism, or satanism to my knowledge.

    And that guy that replaced jackson is much cuter then carter. You just admire her for her intelect.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    351
    21 Jul '05 16:03
    I would say that part of the reason is that the God of the Bible has had less of a corporeal form than the Egyptian, Greek, and Norse gods. I could see the show having Jesus (likely altered to be a Jesus impersonator with hints of a possibly "real" Jesus being somewhere else before the episode is over so that those who believe won't be offended). But true enough, when making a show for an American audience, it isn't wise to completely reject any faith still held to in modern society.
  6. Copenhagen, Denmark
    Joined
    21 Mar '03
    Moves
    35743
    21 Jul '05 16:54
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    They are obviously avoiding it. Thor turned out to be a member of an alien race that is friendly to humans.

    They have also not taken on Hindu, buddism, or satanism to my knowledge.

    And that guy that replaced jackson is much cuter then carter. You just admire her for her intelect.
    They did meet an alien posing as Satan though, and some mention of the christian god:

    http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes3/0308.html
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148578
    22 Jul '05 05:51
    Originally posted by CK
    They did meet an alien posing as Satan though, and some mention of the christian god:

    http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes3/0308.html
    Forgot about that, yes Satan was used.
    Kelly
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    22 Jul '05 23:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    All I know is Major Carter is hot!!!
    I totally agree, but regrettably I have yet to see them accentuate her sexuality. She deserves better than fatigues.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    23 Jul '05 01:06
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I totally agree, but regrettably I have yet to see them accentuate her sexuality. She deserves better than fatigues.
    Did you forget the episode where she had to pose as Venus, on planet Bikini?

    Did you?

    P-
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    23 Jul '05 01:23
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Did you forget the episode where she had to pose as Venus, on planet Bikini?

    Did you?

    P-
    Dammit, I missed that one. Did she have a "bikini" wax?
Back to Top