Considering the Effects of Prayer

Considering the Effects of Prayer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Feb 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
But even if i got them on here, would you really believe what they had to say as an eye witness account.
No, I would not, as I think I explained. But then you wouldn't accept that sort of account either for something you didn't currently believe to be true.

Did anyone ever tell you it takes Faith to believe in God?
Yes, they did. So why don't you keep it honest and just stick with that line instead of trying to offer 'proof' that turns out not to be proof?

The problem however is that your Faith, doesn't go very far in convincing others that what you believe is true. After all, you are not so easily convinced by Muslims who have Faith or Hindus who have Faith.

P

Moves
16 Feb 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I would not, as I think I explained. But then you wouldn't accept that sort of account either for something you didn't currently believe to be true.

[b]Did anyone ever tell you it takes Faith to believe in God?

Yes, they did. So why don't you keep it honest and just stick with that line instead of trying to offer 'proof' that turns out not to ...[text shortened]... . After all, you are not so easily convinced by Muslims who have Faith or Hindus who have Faith.[/b]
Where in the world did you ever come up with that. This business about Muslims and Hindus or any other faith.

Obviously you have not been reading anything i have written.

I come down harder on the Christians in these Forums than anyone else. I am not of the same mindset as most.

What religion a person is doesn't really matter, what matters is where your heart is.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Feb 14

Where in the world did you ever come up with that. This business about Muslims and Hindus or any other faith.
So if a Hindu told you he had Faith, would you convert to Hinduism? Or did you not understand what I wrote?

Obviously you have not been reading anything i have written.
I don't think you read what I wrote. What do you think I said?

What religion a person is doesn't really matter, what matters is where your heart is.
So it doesn't really matter which religion is true, prayer just works if your heart is in the right place? Does this mean you don't really think your own religion is true?

P

Moves
16 Feb 14

So if a Hindu told you he had Faith, would you convert to Hinduism? Or did you not understand what I wrote?

[b]Obviously you have not been reading anything i have written.

I don't think you read what I wrote. What do you think I said?

So it doesn't re ...[text shortened]... ur heart is in the right place? Does this mean you don't really think your own religion is true?[/b]
If a Hindu told me he had faith, i would be glad for him, but would not convert to his faith or any other. I'm glad he has faith, faith is good to have. There are some who feel that in their churches teachings, it is ok to kill others. This is against basic human law, and not acceptable.

You know basic human laws by the peace in your own heart. When one steels from another. You already know it is wrong, even though it might feel good to do so. Or killing another human. Again you already know it is wrong to do so, even when your church encourages you to do it.

It is written in the scripture, that those who eat meat should not condemn those who feel you should only have milk. The same is true here. I know that my faith is pleasing to God, and i know that the Hindu's faith is pleasing to God, and anyone else who's heart is circumcised is pleasing to God. No matter the church or belief. Did not Jesus say to the crowds, I have not seen so much faith in all of Israel, when speaking of the Centurian?

Prayer is from your heart to God.

My own religion is right for me.

P

Moves
16 Feb 14

[b]Did anyone ever tell you it takes Faith to believe in God?

Yes, they did. So why don't you keep it honest and just stick with that line instead of trying to offer 'proof' that turns out not to ...[text shortened]... . After all, you are not so easily convinced by Muslims who have Faith or Hindus who have Faith.[/b]
When someone comes to me with a story of faith, i search for the peace of God in my heart to know it's truth or not.

I have heard some stories that seem far out there, yet the peace of God in my heart will show it as truth.

D

Moves
16 Feb 14
3 edits

D

Moves
16 Feb 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Feb 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I would not pray for that either. I have more respect for God and prayer.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Feb 14

If a Hindu told me he had faith, i would be glad for him, but would not convert to his faith or any other. I'm glad he has faith, faith is good to have. There are some who feel that in their churches teachings, it is ok to kill others. This is against basic human law, and not acceptable.
But what if they have faith that it is OK to kill others?

P

Moves
18 Feb 14

But what if they have faith that it is OK to kill others?
That is why i'm glad i am not God.

There are things i don't understand and/or don't agree with to. But it is plainly beyond me. I do what i can do, and what the Holy Spirit gives me to do. Beyond that, God can have it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Feb 14

That is why i'm glad i am not God.

There are things i don't understand and/or don't agree with to. But it is plainly beyond me. I do what i can do, and what the Holy Spirit gives me to do. Beyond that, God can have it.
You are asked a question and answer with "I'm glad I'm not God"

that is less than worthless
"I don't know" would be more honest
not replying would be understandable
but your response is just ... passing the buck I guess

Were you a jailer at Auschwitz?