1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    20 Mar '07 05:25
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    20 Mar '07 07:37
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
    After he got married to Mary Magdalene and had a couple of kids, he probably mellowed out a bit. I've seen it happen before.
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    655
    20 Mar '07 08:50
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
    How is losing one's [temper -ed] at a bunch of moneylenders compassionate? Even if xe is entitled to it, the compassionate person does not indulge in righteous anger.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    20 Mar '07 12:10
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
    The pharisees didn't think so.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    20 Mar '07 12:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    After he got married to Mary Magdalene and had a couple of kids, he probably mellowed out a bit. I've seen it happen before.
    Bunk.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    20 Mar '07 12:13
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    How is losing one's [temper -ed] at a bunch of moneylenders compassionate? Even if xe is entitled to it, the compassionate person does not indulge in righteous anger.
    And you know what is righteous. You must be very close to God indeed.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Mar '07 12:442 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
    So the Son is compassionate and the Father is not? Try telling that to the money changers Christ drove out with a whip from the temple. 😛 I think depends on ones perspective as to who is compassionate and who is not.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    20 Mar '07 12:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    So the Son is compassionate and the Father is not? Try telling that to the money changers Christ drove out with a whip from the temple. 😛 I think depends on ones perspective as to who is compassionate and who is not.
    Given a choice between seeing some of my pigeons whipped and my money overturned and being struck down for spilling my seed on the ground, I'll take the first choice.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Mar '07 12:53
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Given a choice between seeing some of my pigeons whipped and my money overturned and being struck down for spilling my seed on the ground, I'll take the first choice.
    Yes, but perhaps it is better than going blind. 😛

    Anyhew, one must then ask, "Who gave us the Son?" Was it not the Father?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    20 Mar '07 12:59
    One word: Trinitarianism.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    20 Mar '07 15:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    So the Son is compassionate and the Father is not? Try telling that to the money changers Christ drove out with a whip from the temple. 😛 I think depends on ones perspective as to who is compassionate and who is not.
    Look, I'm a compassionate person, too, but if a bunch of greedy Jews set up shop in my house, you can bet that I'd start whipping some ass as well.
  12. the highway to hell
    Joined
    23 Aug '06
    Moves
    24531
    20 Mar '07 15:34
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why is Jesus so compassionate while the God of the Old Testament is so cruel?
    is it a sort of good cop / bad cop theme?
  13. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    20 Mar '07 15:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, but perhaps it is better than going blind. 😛

    Anyhew, one must then ask, "Who gave us the Son?" Was it not the Father?
    Maybe he took more after the mother.
  14. the highway to hell
    Joined
    23 Aug '06
    Moves
    24531
    20 Mar '07 16:16
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Look, I'm a compassionate person, too, but if a bunch of greedy Jews set up shop in my house, you can bet that I'd start whipping some ass as well.
    do you think its a positive thing that the greedy people are labelled as jews? does it not help to continue the anti semitic tradition?
  15. the highway to hell
    Joined
    23 Aug '06
    Moves
    24531
    20 Mar '07 16:26
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Given a choice between seeing some of my pigeons whipped and my money overturned and being struck down for spilling my seed on the ground, I'll take the first choice.
    i dont approve of whipping pidgeons at all, and that spilling of seed business could easily be misinterpreted by some dirt track minds
Back to Top