1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 14:391 edit
    If their was a decent god up there, when Nic came to heaven, God would come up, give him a hug, and then give him a noogy. "Come 'er ya ole knucklehead." 🙄
  2. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 15:12
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    Honestly? Yes 😉
    I appreciate the honest answer. It leads straight to the whole problem Christians have with evolution - It doesn't fit in with their bible.

Nicolaas, it's ok to not have every answer to every difficult question in life my friend. It's ok to say "I don't know". Not everything in life has to be explained by an omnipotent all powerful being simply because we can't come up with a better explanation.

I know many Christians dislike the theory of evolution, but they can't expect people to just accept the Christian explanation of life and all that it encompasses. It's simply unreasonable. It defies every bit of logic we've discovered in our human existence on this planet.

I'm trying really hard not to be a jerk here buddy because I honestly don't want to sound like one, but you really have to open your mind to other possibilities. Your book, the bible, does not have all of the answers.

To think that one book has every answer in life is akin to reading one chess book, slamming it shut, and declaring yourself a Grandmaster without ever having played a single game of chess.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 16:54
    Originally posted by wib
    To think that one book has every answer in life is akin to reading one chess book, slamming it shut, and declaring yourself a Grandmaster without ever having played a single game of chess.
    What if that one book is all four volumes of Garry's My Great Predecessors? Would I be a GM, then?
  4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 17:19
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    What if that one book is all four volumes of Garry's My Great Predecessors? Would I be a GM, then?
    Yes. Indeed you would.

Have you ever made a trout fly shaped like a chess piece Wule? You should consider it. Maybe a little horsey with wings or sumpin?

That'd be cool. Especially if it worked.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 20:51
    Originally posted by wib
    I appreciate the honest answer. It leads straight to the whole problem Christians have with evolution - It doesn't fit in with their bible.

Nicolaas, it's ok to not have every answer to every difficult question in life my friend. It's ok to say "I don't know". Not everything in life has to be explained by an omnipotent all powerful being simply bec ...[text shortened]... it shut, and declaring yourself a Grandmaster without ever having played a single game of chess.
    I dont think the point of Genesis was to explain how humans became. But why, and why they should obey God. Try explaining the theory of evolution to a group of liberated slaves, wandering through the desert 3000 years ago. I think the genesis story would make just a little more sense. and for some still does.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 22:22
    Given the astute observation that:

Originally posted by Conrau K
    I dont think the point of Genesis was to explain how humans became. But why, and why they should obey God.

There is no reason to compare evolution, which is science, to the myth presented to the escaped slaves reeferred to in what followed:

Try explaining the theory of evolution to a group of liberated slaves, wandering through the desert 3000 years ago. I think the genesis story would make just a little more sense. and for some still does.

If the Bible concerns obedience to G-d, why does it become necessary to challenge those things about which it neither speaks, nor speaks vaguely?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 22:39
    Given the astute observation that:

[b]I dont think the point of Genesis was to explain how humans became. But why, and why they should obey God.

There is no reason to compare evolution, which is science, to the myth presented to the escaped slaves reeferred to in what followed:

[i]Originally posted by Conrau ...[text shortened]... it become necessary to challenge those things about which it neither speaks, nor speaks vaguely?[/b]
    I was explaining why evolution is no problem to Christians. No comparison.

Second of all Genesis is a scientific approach (in some ways). Its just been falsified.

I dont understand the second part of what you said.
    Its not challenging anything. Or at least wasn't. I couldn't see God on the top of mount Sinai teaching Moses about evolution. But inevitably, out of curiosity, Moses would have wanted to know how humans became. Nearly all religions address how humans came into being. I'm just saying that, that's not the important part of the bible. Rather why we became. Theres always the possibility that God didn't teach the creation story, but rather it was inserted there.

Second of all its not necassary to 'challenge things about which it neither speaks.'
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 11:48
    That is too bad, for your misguided faith will condemn you to a life of ignorance, and likely chastisement at St. Peter's Gate when your breath leaves you.
    For the faith I have, will let my have eternal life with Jesus Christ - nothing else matters.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 12:00
    Out of curiosity--excuse the tangent--why do you fundamentalist anti-evolutionists (you know who you are) make derisory comments like "from goo to the zoo" to mock the theory or express horror at the notion that we might have "evolved from slime", yet (presumably) have no objection to seeing yourselves as inflatable soil (in-breathed mud), as Genesis depicts? Either way you started out as some sort of dirt.
  10. Meddling with things
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 12:09
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    You know. And I am not sarcastic or rude by saying this.

Has some monkey/ape (or whatever) changed into a human recently? - comeon guys

Who honestly believe in this?
    fool
  11. Winchester, MA USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 13:24
    originally from:

Wulebgr
    ouija master

My comment:

Evolution is hardly science....it's a pipe dream of unsupported, unproven theories. The whole message is full of unanswered holes. The 'Scientific Method' has not been fulfilled, much less attempted, by Darwin or his Darwinist religion followers in explaining evolution.

Just for the record, I am NOT espousing any religion-based answers to questions pertaining to our creation either. The only thing I'm agreeing to is that we were CREATED -- somehow, by something. In the 'beginning', it is no less plausible that a whole, complex being emerge as opposed to a single cell being created.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by llhank
    Evolution is hardly science....it's a pipe dream of unsupported, unproven theories.
    What does evolution mean to you? What, basically, does the theory of evolution set out to describe?
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 13:28
    Evolution is hardly science....
    Here we go again. See http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=31679
  14. Winchester, MA USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 14:43
    Evolution means nothing to me. I don't use the word in explaining anything I believe.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Oct '05 14:45
    Evolution means nothing to me. I don't use the word in explaining anything I believe.
    Then your comments about it are equally meaningless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree