1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 13:52
    FMF,
    How can you say that Matthew, John, and Peter did not witness Christ as resurrected? They saw Him alive after death. When they wrote about Him, the writers were eye witnesses.

King James Version
    ===============
    Matthew 28: 9, 10
    And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Acts 1: 1-3
    The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

II Peter 1: 16
    For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:31
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    When they wrote about Him, the writers were eye witnesses.
    No, they decidedly were not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree