1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 02:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    No! What God says is truth.

By the way amannion, did you lose track of the other thread we were in, or did you just lose interest?
    Makes it hard to argue against if you don't 1. believe in god or 2. believe in truth as being only delivered by god.

Not sure which thread you mean - you'll have to remind me - but I do lose track a bit. Timezone problems and so on ...
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 05:15
    No! What God says is truth.

By the way amannion, did you lose track of the other thread we were in, or did you just lose interest?
    You are right, but in a diffrent context from what i was using "truth". A person can have truth in human context. As in I was being truthful as it is meant.

However you are correct about God being only true.

I feel my words have been taken out of context here.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 05:17
    God can do anything but lie!
    I’m not sure i agree with this statement. I believe God can lie, but chooses not to.

Much like i don't murder people because in my belief system it is wrong, however i am capable of the act.
  4. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 16:25
    You haven't even begun to do your homework. If you have to ask then you obviously don't know.

I know what 'disinformation' you and your brothers are reading, and it's all lies.
    You're right. I am very bad at homework. Please help me. When did John write Revelations? and when was it included in the Bible as we know it today?

You obviously know, so please enlighten me. Stop this spread of disinformation and lies and let the truth be revealed!
  5. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 17:20
    Rev. 22:18,19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this propkecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, ...[text shortened]... christian scholars of the past 2000 years.
    You have absolutly no idea what your talking about!
    thanks to josephw we all step back 2000 years... so a question for you josephw, are you saying everyone on this planet who follows the muslim religion is wrong... or how about the way of the buddha... they're all wrong? how do you know there's not more than one truth... you have read one book and based your entire knowledge on that one book.... and you call me naive!
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 17:24
    ...oh, and i forgot to mention the best one of all... wait for it... the bible is truth because is has been proved by.... wait for it... christian scholars!!! yes, thats right ladies and gentleman... the bible is true because christian scholars have said so... have you ever heard such a ridiculous statement....? not even a scholar.... no. but a christian one.... so they're not biased in anyway then.... at last we have our truth.... the christian scholars have said so.. it must be true....
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:09
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    thanks to josephw we all step back 2000 years... so a question for you josephw, are you saying everyone on this planet who follows the muslim religion is wrong... or how about the way of the buddha... they're all wrong? how do you know there's not more than one truth... you have read one book and based your entire knowledge on that one book.... and you call me naive!
    What was it Jesus said? Oh ya! I remember, I am the way...
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:36
    Rev. 22:18,19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this propkecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, ...[text shortened]... christian scholars of the past 2000 years.
    You have absolutly no idea what your talking about!
    During my long hiatus from this forum, I forgot just how aweful it is.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:32
    Originally posted by telerion
    During my long hiatus from this forum, I forgot just how aweful it is.
    Sometimes I think I'm beginning to feel the same way.

Sometimes I think I'm being misunderstood.

Sometimes I don't think I'm very good at this.
  10. CA, USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 07:35
    Sometimes I think I'm beginning to feel the same way.

Sometimes I think I'm being misunderstood.

Sometimes I don't think I'm very good at this.
    1. it's about time.
    2. not misunderstood .. played like a fiddle.
    3. right
  11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 17:07
    Originally posted by klopdisselboom
    Yes that't exactly how I felt when reading the books. Finally I found something that did not only make sense but also resonated with what I figured out to be the "truth". It does not have to be everyone's truth - I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth, and we as a human race is forming this relative ...[text shortened]... g through the ages, slowly but surely moving closer to God, returning to where we come from.
    I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth,KLOPDISSELLBOOM

How far would you go in saying this is true? Do you believe it absolutely? LOL
  12. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 17:15
    God can do anything but lie!
    Wht can't He lie?
  13. CA, USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:23
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth,KLOPDISSELLBOOM

How far would you go in saying this is true? Do you believe it absolutely? LOL
    Absolutely true .. no such thing as an absolute truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree