1. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 17:19
    Has anyone read Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch? Whether this man had a real conversation with God or not, I found the books very insightful. At last something that makes sense logically and just feels right and in the end what it all comes down to is love - for yourself and others.
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:445 edits
    Originally posted by klopdisselboom
    Has anyone read Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch? Whether this man had a real conversation with God or not, I found the books very insightful. At last something that makes sense logically and just feels right and in the end what it all comes down to is love - for yourself and others.
    yes, i've read the first three books... some of it you just have to accept its him waffling on about nothing.... but there is a lot in there that really changed my way of thinking, it really moved me... its not because i thought "i've never looked at it that way before"... it's because i thought, "at last... someone who thinks the same way i do". especially about there being no hell or devil and no good or evil... this is stuff i've always felt but i always thought it was just me.... now i realise this is also breached not only by him but in buddhism as well
  3. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:55
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    yes, i've read the first three books... some of it you just have to accept its him waffling on about nothing.... but there is a lot in there that really changed my way of thinking, it really moved me... its not because i thought "i've never looked at it that way before"... it's because i thought, "at last... someone who thinks the same way i do". especia ...[text shortened]... just me.... now i realise this is also breached not only by him but in buddhism as well
    Yes that't exactly how I felt when reading the books. Finally I found something that did not only make sense but also resonated with what I figured out to be the "truth". It does not have to be everyone's truth - I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth, and we as a human race is forming this relative truth as we go along through the ages, slowly but surely moving closer to God, returning to where we come from.
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:20
    Yes that't exactly how I felt when reading the books. Finally I found something that did not only make sense but also resonated with what I figured out to be the "truth". It does not have to be everyone's truth - I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth, and we as a human race is forming this relative ...[text shortened]... g through the ages, slowly but surely moving closer to God, returning to where we come from.
    yes, i can relate to that... it took me a long time to realise everyone on this planet must find their own god.... that's the beauty of god, he's different to everyone yet only has one face... the truth is we are as much a part of him as he is of us, infact we are all gods, yet together we represent one god... if you see what i mean... the books reinforced this and what i've always felt
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:22
    Yes that't exactly how I felt when reading the books. Finally I found something that did not only make sense but also resonated with what I figured out to be the "truth". It does not have to be everyone's truth - I am starting to think there is no such thing as an absolute truth. Only relative truth, and we as a human race is forming this relative ...[text shortened]... g through the ages, slowly but surely moving closer to God, returning to where we come from.
    Rev. 22:18,19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this propkecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are writtrn in this book.

Your statements, and the statements of the one who started this thread, and what you say you think is the truth flys in the face of all truth. You completely contradict what has been established as truth by the overwhelming majority of christian scholars of the past 2000 years.
    You have absolutly no idea what your talking about!
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:28
    Originally posted by josephw

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this propkecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, ...[text shortened]... christian scholars of the past 2000 years.
    Truth?
    Did you say truth?

So are we defining truth now as anything that enough people say they believe to be true, or anything that some group of 'experts' say they believe to be true?
  7. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:42

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this propkecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, ...[text shortened]... christian scholars of the past 2000 years.
    "this book" - do you think John was refering to Revelations or the entire Bible? I don't think the books in the Bible as we know it today were presented then as "the Bible". So who decided (and when) what books should be added and which excluded from the Bible? And this after John warned - "if any man shall add unto these things..". What man decided to "add" all the books together and call it the Bible?

What has been "established as truth" by your christian scholars is only their truth. Other religions don't accept it as the truth. In fact, they actively preach a different truth. This is my argument then - truth is in the eye of the beholder.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:53
    Bad arguments all around (no offence)
  9. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:54
    Originally posted by ryunix
    Bad arguments all around (no offence)
    None taken. Bad comment - what's your argument?
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:36
    Truthfully I didn’t want to type up something that I believed would be disregarded or pulled into several different tangents until the point became lost.

If you would like me to respond to something specific I will, however I have learned that in this forum some people (I’m not insinuating anyone specifically) don’t listen, respond in anger and insults.

Essentially I find it frustrating to have a discussion in this forum.
  11. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:45
    Originally posted by ryunix
    Truthfully I didn’t want to type up something that I believed would be disregarded or pulled into several different tangents until the point became lost.

If you would like me to respond to something specific I will, however I have learned that in this forum some people (I’m not insinuating anyone specifically) don’t listen, respond in anger and insults.

Essentially I find it frustrating to have a discussion in this forum.
    I agree. I also get tired trying to follow most of these threads. Any statement in this forum is bound to ellicit lots of different (mostly angry) responses. Spritiuality cuts to what define people - make them believe in what they are - any statements to the contrary will make anyone's hair stand on end.

How about responding to the thread? Have you read the books? If so, did you enjoy them or not? If you haven't read them, maybe you will, maybe you won't. It does not matter.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:35
    Originally posted by amannion
    Truth?
    Did you say truth?

So are we defining truth now as anything that enough people say they believe to be true, or anything that some group of 'experts' say they believe to be true?
    No! What God says is truth.

By the way amannion, did you lose track of the other thread we were in, or did you just lose interest?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:38
    No! What God says is truth.
    Only if God is, indeed, true.

Perhaps you are trying to say that your omnipotent God cannot now tell a lie. Another thing God can't do! The list is stacking up!
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:41
    "this book" - do you think John was refering to Revelations or the entire Bible? I don't think the books in the Bible as we know it today were presented then as "the Bible". So who decided (and when) what books should be added and which excluded from the Bible? And this after John warned - "if any man shall add unto these things..". What ma ...[text shortened]... a different truth. This is my argument then - truth is in the eye of the beholder.
    You haven't even begun to do your homework. If you have to ask then you obviously don't know.

I know what 'disinformation' you and your brothers are reading, and it's all lies.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:42
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Only if God is, indeed, true.

Perhaps you are trying to say that your omnipotent God cannot now tell a lie. Another thing God can't do! The list is stacking up!
    God can do anything but lie!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree