1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 19:304 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Too much there for me to compute. (Been a long day).

1. You were 'trained well, to always say [b]"Amen"
    to everything written in the Bible without struggling too much to reconcile it logically...'
    2.The Bible also seems to allude 100% systemization.
    3. ...You have fur.

Pretty sure I can dispute at least 2 of them.[/b]
    You won't have a chance to dispute these with me.
    Of course the fur thing is an expression.
    I am a furless mammal.

Does it bother you that I speak of having been trained??

To be disciples involves some amount of training.
    "Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matt. 28:19)

Please don't be so proud that you think you could never be discipled or receive some amount of instruction and training.

You too, upon being saved, will be responsible for doing some teaching others too. Of course all can receive some training.

Not only so, but God HIMSELF trains us with His grace. I said God HIMSELF trains the believers through their experiences of His grace.

"For the grace of God, bringing salvation to all men, has appeared,

TRAINING US that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously and godly in this present age,

Awaiting the blessed hope, even the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ." (Titus 2:11-13)

By enjoying Christ within me, ( "our great God and Savior" ) I got some TRAINING directly from His indwelling presence. I got trained as to WHAT displeases Him and reduces my enjoyment of God and what pleases Him and increases my holy enjoyment of God.

The grace of God TRAINS the believers if they come submissive to Him willing to receive development by growth.

"O Lord Jesus, O Grace of God, give me this day's worth of training. Let me not miss today's portion of Your training me Lord Jesus. Thankyou Lord."
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Who is this responding too?
    The man is a raving lunatic. He is talking to himself. The big mouth has already flooded the thread with his irrelevant mouth worshiping dotishness
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 19:48
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The man is a raving lunatic. He is talking to himself. The big mouth has already flooded the thread with his irrelevant mouth worshiping dotishness
    They all would do so much better with simple questions and answers. All these lines of "whatever it all means" is crazy....
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:29
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You won't have a chance to dispute these with me.
    Of course the fur thing is an expression.
    I am a furless mammal.

Does it bother you that I speak of having been trained??

To be disciples involves some amount of training.
    [b] "Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the ...[text shortened]... aining. Let me not miss today's portion of Your training me Lord Jesus. Thankyou Lord."
    I have no issue with you being trained sir, but trained not to struggle to reconcile things logically?

Isn't that how all good cults start, with followers suspending logical thinking to accept the otherwise unacceptable?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 08:554 edits
    I have no issue with you being trained sir, but trained not to struggle to reconcile things logically?

Isn't that how all good cults start, with followers suspending logical thinking to accept the otherwise unacceptable?
    Your issue is reasoning with God.
    Your issue is including the possibility of God's person, God's power, and God's nature in your reasoning process.

My reasoning include an Infinite and Eternal One whose full scope of apprehension will require eternity to better understand. And I expect we even in eternity will have some mystery to His being.

Look out at the universe.
    It is the product of a power that is limitless.

Look out to the largest macrocosm. There is order, structure. Look down not to the tiniest microcosm. Again there is order, structure, plan, logic, law, scheme, design.

I include in my reasoning that this Eternal One could say things which are difficult to always reconcile. It may not be always so. It could be so as one grows and matures towards sonship of this God.

You trusted your parents at two years old.
    You trusted them at four.
    You trusted them at seven.
    Your trust grew though you did not always fully understand their ways.

Why should I not trust the Eternal, Uncreated, Limitless, Mind and Love of the One whose ways are far above mine?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 08:562 edits
    Folks, while Ghost, who doesn't even fully understand human life, grumbles that we have questions about the eternal Divine Person, consider God's words.

" For My thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not My ways, declares Jehovah.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So My ways are higher than your ways, And My thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8,9)

And again in Deuteronomy 29:29. Some things now just belong to God. Others belong in the realm of our faith and obedience.

"The things that are hidden belong to Jehovah our God, but the things that are revealed, to us and our children forever, that we may do all the words of the law."

We are not responsible for what is a total mystery to us at this stage. We are responsible to respond with faith and obedience to what God has revealed to us.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 09:083 edits

My trust is in my heavenly Father.
    Sometimes it is difficult to fully reconcile parodoxical statements in His word.

That trust is reserved for God Himself.
    I trust no man or woman to the same degree as I trust my heavenly Father.

Cults get started for many reasons.
    No, as Christian I am not going to lay down and die in passivity because "cults get started" by this or that.

I don't want to be just a "careful failure".
    I want to step out reserving my utmost trust for Christ and God Himself.

You have a better way to live?
    You go live that.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 13:58
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Folks, while Ghost, who doesn't even fully understand human life, grumbles that we have questions about the eternal Divine Person, consider God's words.

[quote] [b] " For My thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not My ways, declares Jehovah.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So My ways are higher than your ways, And My ...[text shortened]... is stage. We are responsible to respond with faith and obedience to what God has revealed to us.
    "Folks, while Ghost, who doesn't even fully understand human life,.."

And you do?!

Please.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 06:25
    "Folks, while Ghost, who doesn't even fully understand human life,.."

And you do?!

Please.
    Ghost:

With FMF, Karoly and rajk gone (or soon to be gone) from the SF, you are in the unusual position of being able to pick my nickname for you from three contenders. Do you prefer “kiddo,” “champ,” or “amigo?”
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 16:43
    Turn the other cheek, or an eye for an eye? The bible says anything you want, and you all cherry pick. This is like a rorschach test: we aren't talking about the ink blot.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 17:48
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Turn the other cheek, or an eye for an eye? The bible says [b]anything you want, and you all cherry pick. This is like a rorschach test: we aren't talking about the ink blot.[/b]
    Are you an illogical adult or a logical child?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree