Cramped road...

Cramped road...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its a simple matter of deduction, no member of Christendom has ever came to my home to preach about the Bible, no one, not once, not a single time ever, not even for thirty seconds. you are a member of Christendom, so why should you be any different from the zillions of others who simply go to church on a Sunday and think that this will save them wh ...[text shortened]... t gavel stone asked a serious question, he is an older man and deserves respect, not belitlement
Youre funny ...🙂

How do you know what I do or dont do?
How is my failing as a Christian (if any), justification for CR misleading JWs with his false prophesies?

Yes you can respect a man without licking his bu .. shoes 🙂.
Can you not identify where CR went wrong and still agree with him on some points or for you is it an all or nothing deal ?

w

Moves
11 Jul 09

no whodey, i do not think that you understand the position, interpretation is quite one thing! knowledge quite another, Paul states that at present we see by means of a hazy mirror, this coupled with the fact that we are imperfect, means that it is inevitable that mistakes will be made. even the disciples who were with the Christ his entire time, we ...[text shortened]... t be the case if all these other groups are following the teachings and example of the Christ?
So you are judging that the only ones who come to your door are the true followers of Christ? As for myself, I have had mormons as well as people from the moody cult come to my door as well as JW's However, these poor chaps are often told that if they don't they can expect fire and brimstone if they do not comply.

Is this the only way to reach people I wonder? In fact, how many actually come to a religion by people knocking on a persons door? I have even talked to a few mainstream Christians who have taken this approach and did not reach one person. Instead, people on average were annoyed at being bothered at home much as they would a traveling salesman selling soap.

As for Russell, he may have claimed not to be infallible but when I talked to a JW about reading the Bible themself they told me that they must have the organization explain the meanings if they do. In other words, they must control the interpretations of what they are reading even though they have been proven to be wrong in oh so many things. Seems kinda sick don't you think?

rc

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Youre funny ...🙂

How do you know what I do or dont do?
How is my failing as a Christian (if any), justification for CR misleading JWs with his false prophesies?

Yes you can respect a man without licking his bu .. shoes 🙂.
Can you not identify where CR went wrong and still agree with him on some points or for you is it an all or nothing deal ?
it simple, you do not go from house to house as Christ and Paul directed, therefore you must be a member of Christendom, content to sit on your butt and pontificate to others, its easy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jul 09

it simple, you do not go from house to house as Christ and Paul directed, therefore you must be a member of Christendom, content to sit on your butt and pontificate to others, its easy.
How do you know that?
How that make CRs stupidity OK.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by whodey
It is one thing, my dear robbie, to say that you have an interpretation of prophecy but another if you say that God has told you directly that this is the way things are to pan out. If you disagree, do you think scripture inspired by God has false prophecies in them? I would think that this would have to be your position. In additoin, howeever, he took pen ...[text shortened]... ey may be, all other subsequent predictions should be taken in context of that falsehood.
No Jehovah's Witnesses have in the slightest way thought T Russell was a prophet or a God. He was just a man in search of the truth........

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jul 09

... Seems kinda sick don't you think?
Thats it.
That describes the JWs perfectly.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jul 09

So you are judging that the only ones who come to your door are the true followers of Christ? As for myself, I have had mormons as well as people from the moody cult come to my door as well as JW's However, these poor chaps are often told that if they don't they can expect fire and brimstone if they do not comply.

Is this the only way to reach people I ...[text shortened]... gh they have been proven to be wrong in oh so many things. Seems kinda sick don't you think?
Did not jesus and his followers go door to door/ Did Jesus not say to do the same? It's in YOUR bible...

rc

Moves
11 Jul 09
1 edit

Is this the only way to reach people I ...[text shortened]... gh they have been proven to be wrong in oh so many things. Seems kinda sick don't you think?
i have had Mormons but they are few and far between and they did not discuss Gods Kingdom, but the book of Mormon. they were quite sincere and glad of the conversation i think. i really felt for them in fact, because they had been beaten up in Edinburgh and they were a long way from home, in a hostile environment, preaching to a largely unreceptive audience, but this they only do for a limited period of time, three years i think.

it does not matter whether this is the only way or not, its a very convenient argument for those who like to sit on their butts, but it is the way Christ taught and Paul exemplified. It matters not either whether persons listen or not, Christ himself as well as many other ancient prophets were utterly rejected. whether people are bothered or not is also neither here nor there, for many respond and it really helps them in their lives, they are able to overcome drug abuse, marital infidelity, alcohol abuse, gambling addictions, you name it.

if someone is not interested then see you later, they got better things to do with their time than try to convince someone who is not interested. i had a friend, who last month came back from a witness convention in California, she said the reception that they received was overwhelming, there were bus loads of delegates arriving, everyone of them received hospitality at the house of a fellow witness for the entire time. 48,000 people were there, 400 people were baptised.

as for this last point i do not believe it, everyone has a conscience and the right to exercise it and there are many issues which can only be satisfactorily resolved by the exercise of conscience.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jul 09

i have had Mormons but they are few and far between and they did not discuss Gods Kingdom, but the book of Mormon. they were quite sincere and glad of the conversation i think. i really felt for them in fact, because they had been beaten up in Edinburgh and they were a long way from home, in a hostile environment, preaching to a largely unreceptive ...[text shortened]... d there are many issues which can only be satisfactorily resolved by the exercise of conscience.
WOW !! Im impressed.
That makes false prophets ok.
I just read Hezekiah 12: 15 and it says so .

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jul 09

i have had Mormons but they are few and far between and they did not discuss Gods Kingdom, but the book of Mormon. they were quite sincere and glad of the conversation i think. i really felt for them in fact, because they had been beaten up in Edinburgh and they were a long way from home, in a hostile environment, preaching to a largely unreceptive ...[text shortened]... d there are many issues which can only be satisfactorily resolved by the exercise of conscience.
Great post. It is very sad to see the power that satan has had over religions. And he has accomplished fooling the religious leaders into conviencing their congregations that all you have to do to be saved is just come to church and sit on their butts and do nothing else. But even with that simple plan the churches are still loosing members by the hundreds. Maybe some are starting to see the emptyness of their teachings...

d

Moves
12 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Great post. It is very sad to see the power that satan has had over religions. And he has accomplished fooling the religious leaders into conviencing their congregations that all you have to do to be saved is just come to church and sit on their butts and do nothing else. But even with that simple plan the churches are still loosing members by the hundreds. Maybe some are starting to see the emptyness of their teachings...
Not really, I understand that he became a mormon is that right, that they don't really talk about God but just their book? Sounds dumb to me.

Right because their teachings are empty... some of them but not all of them are.

rc

Moves
12 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by daniel58
Not really, I understand that he became a mormon is that right, that they don't really talk about God but just their book? Sounds dumb to me.

Right because their teachings are empty... some of them but not all of them are.
no Daniel my friend, i never became a Mormon, i just felt real empathy for them. they talked about a prophet of theirs, Joseph Smith, i was amazed that they had never drunk any tea or coffee or wine or coca cola or anything with caffeine or tannins. i suspect that they thought i was a little heretical, because i was trying to convince them of the virtues of a little wine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jul 09

no Daniel my friend, i never became a Mormon, i just felt real empathy for them. they talked about a prophet of theirs, Joseph Smith, i was amazed that they had never drunk any tea or coffee or wine or coca cola or anything with caffeine or tannins. i suspect that they thought i was a little heretical, because i was trying to convince them of the virtues of a little wine.
Did you tell them Christ used to drink alcohol?

rc

Moves
12 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Did you tell them Christ used to drink alcohol?
yes, but they said that they had received a mandate from Joseph smith, something to do with the tannins in red wine, it was a little while ago. i tried to find a scripture that I had in my mind, 'the Kingdom of God does not mean eating or drinking' ,...but i could not find it 🙁 , i think its in Romans somewhere, they were very sincere and genuine i felt.

w

Moves
12 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Did not jesus and his followers go door to door/ Did Jesus not say to do the same? It's in YOUR bible...
Where exactly does it say they went door to door? It does say the publically talked to crowds about the gospel.