Creation Answer Book

Creation Answer Book

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jan 12

Originally posted by Barts
So if that's a perfectly logical argument according to you ? Now what about this one.

1) If something created the universe, I'll call it the Flying Spaghetti Monster
2) There is this book where they talk about the FSM
3) They're both called the FSM, they must be the same thing right ?

According to you rules of logic, I just proved that the FSM created ...[text shortened]... eing" is gender neutral, so I'm perfectly allowed to refer to it with the word "it".
Sorry, but a monkey has better logic than you. 😏

P

Moves
06 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Nicksten
1) If something created the universe then I'm going to call it God
Yes because someone that is supernatural and has unlimited power is...... God 😉

2) In the Bible they have an omnipotent being and they call it God
Right.

3) They're both called God, they must be the same thing right ?
Right.
Superb! As pointed out a couple of posts ago with the FSM:

1) If something created the universe then I'm going to call it Allah
Yes because someone that is supernatural and has unlimited power is...... Allah (the supreme being) 😉

2) In the Koran they have an omnipotent being and they call it Allah
Right.

3) They're both called Allah, they must be the same thing right ?
Right.

So therefore, by your logic, I have just proved that the Muslim god created the universe and you should convert to Islam. And, as has been mentioned, a follower of any religion that has a holy book can use the exact same logic to 'prove' that their religion is the right one and yours is wrong.

You simply cannot assert that something is true simply because you personally have 'faith' in it being true.

--- Penguin.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
06 Jan 12

Originally posted by Barts
So if that's a perfectly logical argument according to you ? Now what about this one.

1) If something created the universe, I'll call it the Flying Spaghetti Monster
2) There is this book where they talk about the FSM
3) They're both called the FSM, they must be the same thing right ?

According to you rules of logic, I just proved that the FSM created ...[text shortened]... eing" is gender neutral, so I'm perfectly allowed to refer to it with the word "it".
Wow - this must be the poorest action taken to try and prove something. Where is the book about the FSM Bart? What does the FSM stand for Bart? Why has no one heard about the FSM except for some people here on RHP Bart? Where is the history on the FSM Bart? Please do not answer these questions as I am afraid you would really show your intellect after a poor try like this.

By following "my rules of logic" and having enough evidence to back it up worked.
By following the same logic did not work for you as your intention was trying to proof something false.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
06 Jan 12
2 edits

If there is evidence that says God is likely to exist, would you be interested in learning it too?
Now you are opening a can of worms. First, which God in particular are you talking about?

As for any god/intelligent designer/creator, if there was evidence for it, I would be interested.

EDIT: Anyway, you are missing the point. The idea that we are in a virtual world is just a hypothesis. There isn't any evidence for it. It is still just an idea. It assumes that creating a virtual world is feasible. Also, as pointed out, it also assumes there is just one real universe.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
06 Jan 12

Why has no one heard about the FSM except for some people here on RHP Bart?
You need to do some more research.

http://www.venganza.org/
http://wikiality.wikia.com/Pastafarian
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Pastafarian

P

Moves
06 Jan 12
1 edit

Wow - this must be the poorest action taken to try and prove something. Where is the book about the FSM Bart? What does the FSM stand for Bart? Why has no one heard about the FSM except for some people here on RHP Bart? Where is the history on the FSM Bart? Please do not answer these questions as I am afraid you would really show your intellect after a poor ing the same logic did not work for you as your intention was trying to proof something false.
The book is the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ISBN 0-00-723160-1, available on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Flying-Spaghetti-Monster/dp/0812976568/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325843917&sr=8-1

There is the history of the FSM in there and lots of people have heard of him, probably far more than heard of Christianity in the first few years of its existence (more than 100,000 copies have been sold in the last 5 years).

But if you don't like the jokey disproof of your logic, then read my post above where I substitute Allah and the Koran.

--- Penguin

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
06 Jan 12

Originally posted by Penguin

[b]1) If something created the universe then I'm going to call it Allah

Yes because someone that is supernatural and has unlimited power is...... Allah (the supreme being) 😉

Right.

...[text shortened]... thing is true simply because you personally have 'faith' in it being true.

--- Penguin.[/b]
Yes I can assert it being true if I believe in it religiously, logically and morally - why the heck not. This is another argument not meant for this thread.

Yes, the Islam religion can claim their god could be creator - Just like I said... God. To them Allah is a god. Get the picture?

The point is asking those three questions for a religious person one would KNOW the damn answers so why ask them in the first place??

I believe it's is the God of Christianity, another would believe it is their god - it is part of faith to which I think you have no idea what it is or even really means.

P

Moves
06 Jan 12

Yes I can assert it being true if I believe in it religiously, logically and morally - why the heck not. This is another argument not meant for this thread.

Yes, the Islam religion can claim their god could be creator - Just like I said... God. To them Allah is a god. Get the picture?

The point is asking those three questions for a religious person on ...[text shortened]... ir god - it is part of faith to which I think you have no idea what it is or even really means.

So the Muslims are also correct? You state categorically that you know that the only god is the one described by the Bible. Yet you also state that Muslims can correctly claim that the only god is the one described by the Koran. To Pastafarian, the FSM is a god. Therefore Pastafarians can correctly claim that the only god is the one described by the Gospel of the FSM.

These three gods are very different.

You cannot "assert it being true if I believe in it religiously" since others believe contradicting religions just as fervently and that negates your assertion.
You cannot "assert it being true if I believe in it logically" since your logic has been shown to be invalid.
You cannot "assert it being true if I believe in it morally" since you have given no moral justification for your beliefs.

You can believe it and talk about your beliefs but you cannot assert it being true without exposing yourself to ridicule.

--- Penguin.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
06 Jan 12

The book is the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ISBN 0-00-723160-1, available on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Flying-Spaghetti-Monster/dp/0812976568/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325843917&sr=8-1

There is the history of the FSM in there and lots of people have heard of him, probably far more than heard of Christianity in the first few y ...[text shortened]... f of your logic, then read my post above where I substitute Allah and the Koran.

--- Penguin
Naah this is the real joke. Yes I've heard about the FSM, but I have never actually bothered checking it out in anyway until now and even by reading some of the material is one big fat joke. If people believe in the FSM crap, it's the same people believing in evolution.

A religion in secrecy all these years - it's like being gay and coming out the closet. Still wrong. Rediscovered in 2005? HA HA what a laugh. Come on, are we grownups or children?

Maybe someone today will come up with a new religion and claim it's type of god created the universe...and use that as an example like you've just did. We can all see the blatant mockery and childish behavior here against Christianity.

I'll admit I was wrong in claiming only RHP'rs knew about it...I didn't realize there were so many fools out there...small world.

P

Moves
06 Jan 12

Naah this is the real joke. Yes I've heard about the FSM, but I have never actually bothered checking it out in anyway until now and even by reading some of the material is one big fat joke. If people believe in the FSM crap, it's the same people believing in evolution.

A religion in secrecy all these years - it's like being gay and coming out the close ...[text shortened]... HP'rs knew about it...I didn't realize there were so many fools out there...small world.
Yes, it is a joke religion, created to point out the fallacies in teaching one specific religion as if it were established fact. None of its followers actually believe it (like many followers of most other religions) but its a fun way of pointing out the general silliness within mainstream religions that people do believe in.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jan 12

[b]1) If something created the universe then I'm going to call it Allah

Right.

...[text shortened]... thing is true simply because you personally have 'faith' in it being true.

--- Penguin.[/b]
What I know and you do not is that Allah is actually Satan the Devil.
Mohammed was deceived by an angel of light appearing to him. This
angel of light was Satan. Allah has no Son to create the heavens and
the earth and all living things like the true God. So Allah could not be
the creator God described in the Holy Bible and there is no other
scripture that is written by holy men, inspired of God.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
06 Jan 12

[b]Yes I can assert it being true if I believe in it religiously, logically and morally - why the heck not. This is another argument not meant for this thread.

So the Muslims are also correct? You state categorically that ...[text shortened]... cannot assert it being true without exposing yourself to ridicule.

--- Penguin.[/b]
I see where you are going with this. But you still don't understand a thing yet.

Yes the muslims can be correct too. They believe with all their heart and mind their god is creator. You can not argue with them differently and if you do, you get to the argument where we are in this case.

As a Christian, I belief my God to be creator and thus it is a truth to me, thus I claim and say I know my God is the creator because i believe this with all that I am. Taking the Christian religion, logic and morality of it in consideration and weighing it against all other religions, is no match and thus other religions do not meet up with Christianity.

You probably did or did not do the same thing and decided on your choice which is different to mine - hence the argument.

So YES Penguin, if you are of the laughable FSM religion, you'd believe all the nonsense which include the FSM being creator of the universe.

There is a big difference in a laughable religion (FSM) and a religion which actually has value (Christianity).

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
06 Jan 12

Yes, it is a joke religion, created to point out the fallacies in teaching one specific religion as if it were established fact. None of its followers actually believe it (like many followers of most other religions) but its a fun way of pointing out the general silliness within mainstream religions that people do believe in.

--- Penguin.
Don't we all see that. How far atheists and evolutionist will go to mock religions.

So to me you're the FSM religion and to you I'm the FSM religion - why didn't you just ask this from the start? Maybe because mockery is part of your morals?

B

Moves
06 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Sorry, but a monkey has better logic than you. 😏
The logic in that post was all by Nicksten, I merely paraphrased and replaced God by FSM. Nice that you see how ridiculous that sounds. Now tell me why it does makes sense if you put God back in ...

B

Moves
06 Jan 12

Wow - this must be the poorest action taken to try and prove something. Where is the book about the FSM Bart? What does the FSM stand for Bart? Why has no one heard about the FSM except for some people here on RHP Bart? Where is the history on the FSM Bart? Please do not answer these questions as I am afraid you would really show your intellect after a poor ...[text shortened]... ing the same logic did not work for you as your intention was trying to proof something false.
The only "proof" you have is the Bible, a book which contains no proof that God exists, only assertions. It no more convinces me than the gospel of the FSM Penguin mentioned.