1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 10:45
    Were people created or was religion created as a way for man to control his peers?
  2. England
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 10:48
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Were people created or was religion created as a way for man to control his peers?
    yes... and yes it is used in many forms for control
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 10:51
    "Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?"

Friedrich Nietzsche
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 12:33
    Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence. Some religions were invented by men in order to control their peers and others were invented for other reasons, but I suspect that the majority arose by far more complex means. Certainly the worlds current major religions arose over fairly long periods with input from many people and without a single specific purpose or plan in mind.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 13:15
    Why can't both be true ?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 13:16
    If there is a Creator of man is that the Creator of religion or the Creator in reality ?
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 20:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence. Some religions were invented by men in order to control their peers and others were invented for other reasons, but I suspect that the majority arose by far more complex means. Certainly the worlds current major religions arose over fairly long periods with input from many people and without a single specific purpose or plan in mind.
    Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence... You can leave out the pedantic semantics because I'm not stupid. The question wouldn't have the same effect if I had used 'invented' instead.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Feb '10 22:59
    God created humans but religion was created by man. All the original lovers of God only followed their hearts and conscience and did what they knew God expected of them. They were not part of any religion, just pure worship. It is man that has deveated from that pure worship with the help of Satan's enfluance and has created what we call religions and could be traced back to the Tower of Babel when man was scatterd about the earth and took their false ideas with them.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 21:58
    Both.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree