1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 19:07
    Interesting information coming out of Israel.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/with-new-big-bang-evidence-creation-is-a-fact/
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 19:42
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

Sonhouse posted this recent discovery and it does absolutely confirm the Genesis account.

... except for the talking snake and afew other bits and pieces ...
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 20:02

I do not believe that the universe could have came about by an explosion. An explosion would bring disorder instead of the order that is demonstrated by our solar system.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sonhouse posted this recent discovery and it does absolutely confirm the Genesis account.

... except for the talking snake and afew other bits and pieces ...
    My mistake if double posted but not so sure if it is the same article. This article is dated today.

Did you read the article?
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 20:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not believe that the universe could have came about by an explosion. An explosion would bring disorder instead of the order that is demonstrated by our solar system.
    What would a disorderly solar system look like? Just out of curiosity.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 21:47
    What would a disorderly solar system look like? Just out of curiosity.
    We would not be here.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 21:50
    This is a mis-conception prompted by the awful term 'big bang'. There was no 'bang' and there was no explosion.

Csll it a 'rapid expansion' if you like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/universe/questions_and_ideas/big_bang/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

--- Penguin.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 02:17
    My mistake if double posted but not so sure if it is the same article. This article is dated today.

Did you read the article?
    Not a double post. Your article is citing the discovery which Sonhouse alerted us to the other day.

I read both.

I cannot see how that guy thinks it gives credence to Genesis.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 07:16

If a paper written in the holy land by one person from god chosen people, it must be correct, right? And equally correct of the same reason that Jesus isn't divine, right? And we can rip out the genesis chapters from the bible, right? Yes, right.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 09:32
    We would not be here.
    RJ you remind me of sonhouse, he also has his opinions on what God should be like. Do we really know all about God and what he chooses?
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 09:35
    In the concepts of creation, i always thought it was interesting, that in Genesis the Spirit of God hovered over the waters. And after the Angel spoke with Mary, the Spirit of God hovered over her too.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 09:39
    you have no idea what order is.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 09:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If a paper written in the holy land by one person from god chosen people, it must be correct, right? And equally correct of the same reason that Jesus isn't divine, right? And we can rip out the genesis chapters from the bible, right? Yes, right.
    Dude, it is an article by secular scientist that i thought was interesting. Please stick to the OP., this is not about Jesus' divinity.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 10:28
    Dude, it is an article by secular scientist that i thought was interesting. Please stick to the OP., this is not about Jesus' divinity.
    This is on-topic. The motivation will be off-topic. Do you want me to explain despite this fact? This is spiritual forum and not science forum you know.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 10:46
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    RJ you remind me of sonhouse, he also has his opinions on what God should be like. Do we really know all about God and what he chooses?
    All I said was we gave god human attributes and I don't think a real god would be burdened with such baggage. Those verses about 'I am a jealous god' or the other translation that suggests this god demands attention or some such.

Just too convenient to have your god just so coincidentally have such features.

Like a god who can create entire universes would be worried about non worshiping humans?

How stupid do you think people have to be to fall for such crap?

Oops, I forgot, 3 billion already have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree