1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 05:14
    Originally posted by menace71
    It was not an explosion !! it was the expansion of all time and space and energy but to think of it in terms of an explosion is not correct

Manny
    I know God did not create the universe with an explosion. That is why I say the Big Bang Theory is incorrect. The Holy Bible does say God stretched out the heavens, so your expansion idea could fit into that explanation.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 07:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know God did not create the universe with an explosion. That is why I say the Big Bang Theory is incorrect. The Holy Bible does say God stretched out the heavens, so your expansion idea could fit into that explanation.
    That's your religious opinion.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 08:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's your religious opinion.
    Absolutely.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:07
    Absolutely.
    ...and nothing more than an opinion.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ...and nothing more than an opinion.
    The Christian God's opinion is enought for me.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:57
    So he has just an opinion... well...
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 12:52
    You mean the opinion of this god that it was ok to kill every land animal in your flood myth just to get back at a few misbehaving humans? THAT god?
    In its opinion, it would do anything in its power including nearly killing all life on Earth, that was worthwhile just to off a few humans?

Such a story, designed to make humans appear to be so important it would be worth the death of trillions of animals to put them in line.

That is one of the most arrogant lines ever written by these demented authors. There is no god there, only demented writing of tortured men.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 21:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean the opinion of this god that it was ok to kill every land animal in your flood myth just to get back at a few misbehaving humans? THAT god?
    In its opinion, it would do anything in its power including nearly killing all life on Earth, that was worthwhile just to off a few humans?

Such a story, designed to make humans appear to be so important ...[text shortened]... written by these demented authors. There is no god there, only demented writing of tortured men.
    I am sure God is smarter and knows better than you.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 22:18
    I am sure God is smarter and knows better than you.
    Yessir, that sounds REAL smart. Kill ALL the land animals except for the pathetic attempt by your hero so this god can off a few thousand humans.

I don't suppose it would have occurred to this god, who happens to be omniscient, that it could just go ZAP and there are a few thousand dead humans without the need to destroy most of the planet.

What a BULLSHYTE story.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 22:46
    Yessir, that sounds REAL smart. Kill ALL the land animals except for the pathetic attempt by your hero so this god can off a few thousand humans.

I don't suppose it would have occurred to this god, who happens to be omniscient, that it could just go ZAP and there are a few thousand dead humans without the need to destroy most of the planet.

What a BULLSHYTE story.
    Well, God saw fit to do it a different way. Perhaps it was because God was not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. It seems to have taken perhaps 120 years for Noah and his sons to complete the construction of the ark. That gave those people time to find out why Noah was building such a big boat and also time to repent.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 01:151 edit
    Well, God saw fit to do it a different way. Perhaps it was because God was not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. It seems to have taken perhaps 120 years for Noah and his sons to complete the construction of the ark. That gave those people time to find out why Noah was building such a big boat and also time to repent.
    So did the animals get a chance to repent? Did THEY get redemption? Lets see, 1 trillion animals dead, vs say 1000 humans dead.

So your god figures 1 billion killed (by your god) animals is worth 1 human dead. Wow, what a nice god you have.

BTW, you can't even acknowledge the ridiculousness of this BS tale.

You are so brainwashed you can't even see the end of your nose with a mirror.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 02:491 edit
    So did the animals get a chance to repent? Did THEY get redemption? Lets see, 1 trillion animals dead, vs say 1000 humans dead.

So your god figures 1 billion killed (by your god) animals is worth 1 human dead. Wow, what a nice god you have.

BTW, you can't even acknowledge the ridiculousness of this BS tale.

You are so brainwashed you can't even see the end of your nose with a mirror.
    The animals that obeyed God came to the ark to be saved. That is the way I see it.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:32
    All I said was we gave god human attributes and I don't think a real god would be burdened with such baggage. Those verses about 'I am a jealous god' or the other translation that suggests this god demands attention or some such.

Just too convenient to have your god just so coincidentally have such features.

Like a god who can create entire universes ...[text shortened]... do you think people have to be to fall for such crap?

Oops, I forgot, 3 billion already have.
    In a logical mindset, your god wouldn't even think twice about us. Maybe he would be too busy making more universes.

But this is where it stops for you, sonhouse.

I understand your thinking. Now, what if the God who I believe in is REAL. He cares about everything we do. And i mean everything. Even how hard you sneezed, causing all around you to cover their noses and mouths.

Seems a little crazy, yes. Even knowing all the crap that goes on in the world. From the terrible human acts in Africa, to the slavery of women and all the other abuses.

How long will He put up with it, I don't know. But within our lifetime you will see Revelations unfold. I'm 55 this year, and i don't see me living till i'm 100. So it will be within the next 45 yrs. Personally i know it will be much sooner.

How can i be so certain. I know who i am, sonhouse. And it is because of that, that i can be so certain.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:342 edits
    The animals that obeyed God came to the ark to be saved. That is the way I see it.
    the animals didn't come to the ark to be saved, they came to the ark because God called them.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:38
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I would not be just a nuffin'
    My head all full of stuffin'
    My heart all full of pain
    I would dance and be merry
    Life would be a ding-a-derry
    If I only had a brain
    really Swiss, LOL. love the comic relief

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree