1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 20:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Cool: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZEfafbjSE&feature=kp
    That seems to answer all those naysayers. Great.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:551 edit
    At my kids school they,ve re-worded their RE classes to say that they are strictly non-denomenational RELIGION.
    It's not religion, it's Christianity and should be labelled appropriately
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 13:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    At my kids school they,ve re-worded their RE classes to say that they are strictly non-denomenational RELIGION.
    It's not religion, it's Christianity and should be labelled appropriately
    If you teach creationism from the Old Testament then you should say Judism only or also and Christian, Muslim, Catholicism, Mormonism, Jahovah Witness, and other groups that follow the Old Testament.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 14:52
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the U.K. what you would call a private school is what we would call a public school. Essentially it is open to all members of the public whose parents can afford the fees. A private school in the U.K. on the other hand is not required to admit pupils who do not fulfil whatever other criteria they have for entrance.

Public schools are still subjec ...[text shortened]... didn't match GCSE's (exams taken at 16) well enough then people wouldn't send their kids there.
    Yeah, it is very confusing in the UK and I don't understand it fully by any means. There's a lot of history and politics involved. There are certainly the following:

Private schools
    Public schools
    State funded schools
    Independent schools
    Academies
    Free Schools
    Faith Schools

I think the gist of the latest regulations are that if you receive funding from the tax-payer than you cannot teach creationism as a scientific fact. Because it isn't.

--- Penguin
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 21:571 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Yeah, it is very confusing in the UK and I don't understand it fully by any means. There's a lot of history and politics involved. There are certainly the following:

Private schools
    Public schools
    State funded schools
    Independent schools
    Academies
    Free Schools
    Faith Schools

I think the gist of the latest regulations are that if you receive ...[text shortened]... x-payer than you cannot teach creationism as a scientific fact. Because it isn't.

--- Penguin
    They should also not be allowed to teach evolution as scientific fact, because it isn't. Then maybe more people would be happy not to fight the system.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 11:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They should also not be allowed to teach evolution as scientific fact, because it isn't. Then maybe more people would be happy not to fight the system.
    More comedy act. You should be in Vegas with that nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree