I always wanted to be a member of Blue Oyster Cult, but I can't sing! 😏
    I guess that means you're a member of the soft white underbelly.😡
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 18:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    By that do you mean 'knowingly distort the truth' or are you essentially including every religion but your own?
    I don't know all the truth, but I believe I know enough of the truth to say that the truth I know will last for eternity.

I say that in reply to the last part of your question.

Some knowingly distort the truth. Others were either lead astray or never knew the truth in the first place.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 18:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Others were either lead astray or never knew the truth in the first place.
    So is Islam for example a cult? Clearly you believe that it is not 'the truth' (as do I), and it is quite possible that those who started it might have deliberately distorted the truth.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 19:41
    But you more or less described a typical religion.
    So, you're new here, then? Maybe I just don't post enough anymore. :'(
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 19:46
    Originally posted by David C
    So, you're new here, then? Maybe I just don't post enough anymore. :'(
    You're like John the Baptist coming back from the dead. "What's the fuss? I was just having my hair done."
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 16:13
    So is Islam for example a cult? Clearly you believe that it is not 'the truth' (as do I), and it is quite possible that those who started it might have deliberately distorted the truth.
    I am not aware of Islam being a cult. I don't believe Islam meets the criteria of a cult. A "cult" is a faction of a major religion that adulturates the basic tenents of that particular faith. For example the Jehovah's witnesses. They deny the universally acknowledged doctrine of the deity of Christ.

The origin of Islam has it's roots in the Bible. Ishmeal was Abrahams' son by the bond woman, and the Arab world stems from him, and the Koran' contains much of what is in the Old Testament including the law. Islam (Muslims)credit Abraham as their father. But it is made abundently clear from scripture that the blood line from Abraham to Jesus was through the son of promise (Isaac). So when a Christain claims that "other" religions are false it is based on information rather than just some kind of religious intolerance and bigotry. As some think.

Truth. Such a word that seems to create so much debate!

It's like light. Pure light has no darkness in it, but truth, like light, when it is distorted, is darkened. No one, no one has all the light. But that is not to say the there is not a source of light (truth) available to the world. If we are evolved and there is no God, then that is the truth. But if there is a creator, then that is the truth and it stands to reason that we should be able to recognise it when we see it.

At least that is what I believe.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 22:411 edit
    I am not aware of Islam being a cult. I don't believe Islam meets the criteria of a cult. A "cult" is a faction of a major religion that adulturates the basic tenents of that particular faith. For example the Jehovah's witnesses. They deny the universally acknowledged doctrine of the deity of Christ.

The origin of Islam has it's roots in the Bible. Ishmea we should be able to recognise it when we see it.

At least that is what I believe.
    the universally accepted doctrine of the deity of christ, what are you talking about????

there is nothing universal nor accepted about it, for example, Rajk999 does not accept it, i certainly do not accept that Christ was God, in fact , it can be quite easily proven from the scriptures that Christ was nothing of the sort. its this kind of misinformed statement that is a sad reflection of the ignorance of so called Christians. Do your research before you post such delusional diatribe!
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 22:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the universally accepted doctrine of the deity of christ, what are you talking about????

there is nothing universal nor accepted about it, for example, Rajk999 does not accept it, i certainly do not accept that Christ was God, in fact , it can be quite easily proven from the scriptures that Christ was nothing of the sort. its this kind of misinf ...[text shortened]... e ignorance of so called Christians. Do your research before you post such delusional diatribe!
    So we are in a cult Robbie.
    I say lets give it a name and have regular meetings in the pub... πŸ˜€
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So we are in a cult Robbie.
    I say lets give it a name and have regular meetings in the pub... πŸ˜€
    Lol, the pub, mmm, do you think that would be secretive enough, plus we would need a charismatic leader, i say we try to recruit Zahlanzi, hes certainly colorful enough! and i can imagine him quite easily taking on the title his most illustrious holy eminence or wise and great leader, or anything that would affirm his superiority in general!
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 23:511 edit
    I'm in a cult with robbie?!?! 😲

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
    Strange days indeed.

Most peculiar, momma....
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 15:55

there is nothing universal nor accepted about it, for example, Rajk999 does not accept it, i certainly do not accept that Christ was God, in fact , it can be quite easily proven from the scriptures that Christ was nothing of the sort. its this kind of misinf ...[text shortened]... e ignorance of so called Christians. Do your research before you post such delusional diatribe!
    You don't know Jesus.

Save your vindictive language for others robbie.

You most assuredly cannot prove that Jesus is not God.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:211 edit
    You don't know Jesus.

Save your vindictive language for others robbie.

You most assuredly cannot prove that Jesus is not God.
    can God die? did Christ die?, then what are you talking about? Not only can i prove it, i can prove it biblically, can you therefore prove that he is Almighty God? i think not, therefore either come up with the readies or stop talking nonsense!
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:44
    can God die? did Christ die?, then what are you talking about? Not only can i prove it, i can prove it biblically, can you therefore prove that he is Almighty God? i think not, therefore either come up with the readies or stop talking nonsense!
    Not again ...
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 07:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not again ...
    Simple as a Bishop vs Knight endgame (no pawns)😡
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 09:12
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Simple as a Bishop vs Knight endgame (no pawns)😡
    Perfect analogy ..πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree