1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 16:04
    Let us hear what all of this is about??? Try and stick to the question if you can. Take your time......

Rev 14: 1-5 1. "Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth. 4 These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones who keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as first fruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no deceit was found in their mouths; they are without blemish."
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 16:12
    @galveston75

As an aside, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 16:13
    @galveston75 said
    Let us hear what all of this is about??? Try and stick to the question if you can. Take your time......

Rev 14: 1-5 1. "Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud t ...[text shortened]... ruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no deceit was found in their mouths; they are without blemish."
    This will go to this.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/national-parks/article/zion-national-park
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 16:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @galveston75

As an aside, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of ...[text shortened]... e same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Will you accept that he will not admit he was wrong?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 17:40
    @pettytalk said
    Will you accept that he will not admit he was wrong?
    No sir. If he is as honest as he claims then he should address the fair question put to him.

Being an immortal chap, I will ask the question until around 2257.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 18:26
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

OK my fine friend. I will answer this never nagging issue of worshiping Jesus. I'm only answering you because I respect you and your comments.......
    I was hoping that all the highly educated ones here at this forum would take the time out to just go to a non religious, neutral book to see what the word WORSHIP means. So far it doesn't seem to happen

Perhaps most here say that we are to worship Jesus just as we are to worship say...God Almighty who's name is Jehovah? No we are not ever too do that and that was never said by any JW that we are to worship Jesus as if he were God Almighty.

So maybe just go to say a dictionary and think about this??????

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/worship

Anyway perhaps all here should show a little wisdom and understanding and see if it helps????

By they way Jesus told humans on earth while he was here to never worship him as you would his Father. Are scriptures needed to prove this? Let me know if y'all can't find them....
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 19:36
    @galveston75 said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

OK my fine friend. I will answer this never nagging issue of worshiping Jesus. I'm only answering you because I respect you and your comments.......
    I was hoping that all the highly educated ones here at this forum would take the time out to just go to a non religious, neutral book to see what the word WORSHIP means. So far it doesn't seem to happe ...[text shortened]... you would his Father. Are scriptures needed to prove this? Let me know if y'all can't find them....
    Anyone need help yet? Try this:

Did Paul not say at Hebrews 1:6: “Let all the angels of God worship him [Jesus]”?’ (King James Version) How can we understand this scripture in the light of what the Bible says about idolatry?

Worship in the Bible

First, one has to understand what Paul meant here by worship. He used the Greek word pro·sky·neʹo. Unger’s Bible Dictionary says that this word literally means to ‘kiss the hand of someone in token of reverence or to do homage.’ An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine, says that this word “denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to man . . . or to God.” In Bible times pro·sky·neʹo often included literally bowing down before someone of high stature.

Help any?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:14
    @galveston75 said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I was hoping that all the highly educated ones here at this forum would take the time out to just go to a non religious, neutral book to see what the word WORSHIP means. So far it doesn't seem to happe ...[text shortened]... you would his Father. Are scriptures needed to prove this? Let me know if y'all can't find them....
    Please explain then what Charles Russell meant when he said:

"He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."

9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:17
    I would think the post 2 up from here answered that statement? No?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:21
    @galveston75 said
    Anyone need help yet? Try this:

Did Paul not say at Hebrews 1:6: “Let all the angels of God worship him [Jesus]”?’ (King James Version) How can we understand this scripture in the light of what the Bible says about idolatry?

Worship in the Bible

First, one has to understand what Paul meant here by worship. He used the Greek word pro·sky·neʹo. Unger’s Bible Dic ...[text shortened]... imes pro·sky·neʹo often included literally bowing down before someone of high stature.

Help any?
    “Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led
    them up a high mountain, by themselves. And he was transfigured before them,
    and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. Suddenly
    there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. Then Peter said to
    Jesus, ‘Lord, it is good for us to be here; if you wish, I will make three dwellings
    here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.’ While he was still speaking,
    suddenly a bright cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud a voice said, ‘This
    is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!’ When the
    disciples heard this, they fell to the ground and were overcome by fear. But Jesus
    came and touched them, saying, ‘Get up and do not be afraid.’ And when they
    looked up, they saw no one except Jesus himself alone. As they were coming down
    the mountain, Jesus ordered them, ‘Tell no one about the vision until after the Son
    of Man has been raised from the dead.’” (Mt. 17:1-9)

From this one incident, my friend, we find four reasons for worshiping Jesus Christ:

1. A Christian worships Jesus because of his divinity
    2. A Christian worships Jesus because of his supremacy
    3. A Christian worships Jesus because of his humanity
    4. A Christian worships Jesus because of his humility
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:25
    @galveston75 said
    I would think the post 2 up from here answered that statement? No?
    No.

Charles Russell was not talking about kissing the hand of Jesus or any of your other attempts to water down the meaning of worship. - The truth is, you were wrong when you said your church has never worshipped Jesus. The founder of your church did just that, no matter how far you try to distance yourself from him.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No.

Charles Russell was not talking about kissing the hand of Jesus or any of your other attempts to water down the meaning of worship. - The truth is, you were wrong when you said your church has never worshipped Jesus. The founder of your church did just that, no matter how far you try to distance yourself from him.
    Well I've answered your question more then once. I can't make you understand it. Sorry....
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:471 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Well I've answered your question more then once. I can't make you understand it. Sorry....
    Well, to be fair, you didn't so much answer the question but tip toe around it.

I'm not entirely sure you have understood yourself was Russell was saying. - He couldn't have been any clearer - Jesus should be worshipped (and not in the way you have tried to re-define the word worship). That being the case, you either need to retract your statement that your Church has never advocated worshipping Jesus or say simply that your church has changed direction and no longer believe what the founder of your church believed.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 21:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @galveston75

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of ...[text shortened]... e same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

He’s not going to answer you because he’s wrong, knows he’s wrong and is too proud to admit it.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 22:32
    @divegeester said
    He’s not going to answer you because he’s wrong, knows he’s wrong and is too proud to admit it.
    Lol. You are wrong about it all. Wish you weren't, but you don't have a chance. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree