1. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 00:34
    We must sin, or Christ's sacrifice will be wasted!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 00:39
    Originally posted by 667joe
    more like if you don't repent.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 01:16
    We must dare to do something a bit different
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 14:541 edit
    As an atheist (or more importantly here non-theist) I don't assign too much meaning to the wholly "God"-centred definition of sin settling instead to acknowledge there may be some points where my definition of "evil" and "sin" coincide. Further since I don't believe Jesus died for our sins I have no reason to behave like a dick on the grounds of your argument.

On the otherhand, a theist who reveres the so called death of Jesus to pay for 'our sins' may not want to defile this so called sacrifice by abusing it the way you suggest and so I see no reason they should behave like dicks based upon your argument either.

In short, I see no reason why anyone should act in such ways that would be construed by theists as sinful or by non-theists as immoral (with human-centred definition of that word)
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 21:23
    Originally posted by Agerg
    As an atheist (or more importantly here non-theist) I don't assign too much meaning to the wholly "God"-centred definition of sin settling instead to acknowledge there may be some points where my definition of "evil" and "sin" coincide. Further since I don't believe Jesus died for our sins I have no reason to behave like a dick on the grounds of your argument. ...[text shortened]... ts as sinful or by non-theists as immoral (with human-centred definition of that word)
    I quite agree with you.
  6. England
    Moves
    03 Feb '11 15:42
    I quite agree with you.
    oh no i dont

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree