1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 14:42
    If these two smug fundies mixed it up over some obscure and irrelevant bit of secret decoder ring technique, who would pass out first?
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 15:31
    Originally posted by telerion
    If these two smug fundies mixed it up over some obscure and irrelevant bit of secret decoder ring technique, who would pass out first?
    Me.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 16:02
    Darfius has already shown he didn't have the stamina for this forum. His evangelistic zeal burned so brightly he burned himself out.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 16:38
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Darfius has already shown he didn't have the stamina for this forum. His evangelistic zeal burned so brightly he burned himself out.
    I wonder if he became a black hole.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 17:04
    Smug? Fundie? Listen, parrot: that mirror in your cage is just another you; it ain't me.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 17:41
    I wonder if he became a black hole.
    That would imply people being strongly attracted to him. Unlikely.
  7. Forgotten
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 22:33
    The smart money is on Freaky to win.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 23:43
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    The smart money is on Freaky to win.
    Thank you for your vote of confidence. Your next indulgence is on me.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 04:28
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Thank you for your vote of confidence. Your next indulgence is on me.
    But thats not like you, GIVING away indulgences. Don't let people know about that or else you will have hordes on your back. You have to keeping saying, Pope Innocence III, Pope Innocence III.....
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 07:51
    The gerbil.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 11:56
    Smug? Fundie? Listen, parrot: that mirror in your cage is just another you; it ain't me.
    Fair enough, but putting me aside for a moment. You don't think your smug?
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 11:56
    Originally posted by David C
    The gerbil.
    😲
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 12:08
    Fair enough, but putting me aside for a moment. You don't think your smug?
    Not at all, at least not by the dictionary definition.

"Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent"

While I am very comfortable in my own skin, it's not because of any self-induced delusion of superiority. I am better than some in some things, worse than others in the same thing. Average intelligence, average looks, average overall abilities. I am a better driver than 98% of the people on the road, but surprisingly patient with others' mistakes/lack of thougtfulness/etc., nonetheless.

Complacent? If that were the case, would I subject myself (and my supposed complacent thinking) to the critical analysis on these forums? I enjoy the discussions here, because they force me to examine, articulate and define what I believe, why I believe it and etc.

But enough about what I think about me. What do you think about me?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 16:231 edit
    Not at all, at least not by the dictionary definition.

"Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent"

While I am very comfortable in my own skin, it's not because of any self-induced delusion of superiority. I am better than some in some things, worse than others in the same believe it and etc.

But enough about what I think about me. What do you think about me?
    On the positive side: You seem well-educated, and you possess a sense of humor that I can appreciate.

On the negative side: I think you often let your emotions get the best of you around here. You kinda made a jacka$$ of yourself over a harmless economics/biology analogy, for instance. Oh, and you're a smug fundy.

All in all, I think you're all right, in moderation.

Edit: Darfius by the way was far less educated, though perhaps a bit more smug.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 17:05
    Damn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree