1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 07:181 edit
    Not sure but i think your Hindu

Three thousand years ago the Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants - hallelujah

http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text.htm
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 07:46
    Originally posted by tim88

Three thousand years ago the Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants - hallelujah

He's not Hindu.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 08:14
    yet another dasa thread.

why do you people keep doing them? why do you pay attention to him? is it not enough that he spams the forums with his threads? must you create some new ones about him?

why do you feel the need to prove him wrong? what is there to gain in demolishing the ideas of someone who is obviously not going to care, not going to change, not going to provide a meaningful counterargument (the way a debate should be going).

Or he is a troll. Which doesn't change the above argument one bit.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 08:17
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why do you feel the need to prove him wrong? what is there to gain in demolishing the ideas of someone who is obviously not going to care, not going to change, not going to provide a meaningful counterargument (the way a debate should be going).
    Well tim88 is little different in that respect.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 08:211 edit
    Originally posted by tim88

Be honest.

If a new Bible text, of unimpeachable authority, was discovered which said that the earth rested on the backs on several huge elephants, what would your response be?

1) Oh God, everything I formally believed in has been shot to pieces. God, Jesus and the Bible is just one big work of fiction!

2) Google search - here is someone who says that this is a mistranscription of the Hebrew words for "a big pile of nothing". Hallelujah

Textual analysis is about discovering what the text truly means. Biblical textual analysis is normally about fitting the words to your own preconceived ideas.

If you don't like what Deuteronomy says, talk about the times people lived in, talk about translation problems, talk about new convenants. But virutally none of this analysis is designed at getting at the truth.

It is designed to help people get round the truth.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 08:59
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Textual analysis is about discovering what the text truly means.
    Some types of texts (poetry for example) does not always have a 'true meaning' nor is intended to. Much of the Bible is like that. Some is a historical record, but quite a lot is intended to be interpreted in multiple ways by the reader.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 11:38
    yet another dasa thread.
    Yet another Zahlanzi post, on yet another Dasa thread, in which we have yet another appeal from Zahlanzi for there not to be yet another post on yet another Dasa thread.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:15
    i like a good dasa thread. he's fascinating. i used to think it was an act, somebody doing it for a laugh. ive never met somebody with such extreme views. id love to know how he can operate in normal life, does he have a normal life? drive to the office everyday. chat to colleagues around the water cooler, let his hair down at the christmas party. who knows...

dasa "barbara did you type up the jenkins report?"
    barbara "yes its on your desk mr dasa"
    dasa "BARBARA!!! this is not the jenkins report!!! you are a dishonest fool barbara!!!!"
    dasa "barbara"
    barbara "yes, mr dasa"
    dasa "is that ham in your sandwich?"
    barbara "oh, s**t!!"
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well tim88 is little different in that respect.
    will give him more time until i make up my mind about him.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:18
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i like a good dasa thread. he's fascinating. i used to think it was an act, somebody doing it for a laugh. ive never met somebody with such extreme views. id love to know how he can operate in normal life, does he have a normal life? drive to the office everyday. chat to colleagues around the water cooler, let his hair down at the christmas party. who k ...[text shortened]... arbara "yes, mr dasa"
    barbara "oh, s**t!!"
    doesn't he have to surprise you in order to be fascinating? after all this time, does dasa surprise anyone here?
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:29
    doesn't he have to surprise you in order to be fascinating? after all this time, does dasa surprise anyone here?
    you dont have to be surprised to be fascinated.
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 13:371 edit
    ive never met somebody with such extreme views. id love to know how he can operate in normal life, does he have a normal life? drive to the office everyday.
    dasa "barabara"
    barbara "yes, mr dasa"
    barbara "oh, s**t!!"
    My first real LOL on RHP in quite a while!

THANKS!

😀
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 14:12
    Regarding Dasa.

Didn't the Lord say, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do"?

Forgive Dasa...... for whatever.

Philosophical religions would just say, "No problem what he says, just let him be in his own world........ it doesn't affect yours." ...... so forgive him.

A sheep, however, may say eat me and wear my soft skin for shoes........

But a Muslim may say, Dasa - you're right after all this time.

An Islamic may say bomb Dasa...... (or Mombasa)

It isn't important, to be honest, what Dasa posts here, unless you make it infringe upon YOUR OWN viewpoint.

-m.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 14:50
    you dont have to be surprised to be fascinated.
    would you be fascinated after watching lord of the rings a tenth time? how about a hundredth time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree