1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 11:32
    It has been repeatedly stated by creationists in this forum that a worldwide catastrophe such as a flood would affect dating methods to such a degree that they would be more or less invalid.
    From the scientists I would like to know how many dating techniques work just as well on rocks under the sea and any links to successfull dating of such rocks. And in fact is the presence of water ever considered to be significant in dating of rocks? Surely not as almost all fosil bearing rock is likely to have formed in the presence of water, often at the bottom of a lake, river or sea.
    From the creationists, do you have any explanation as to how flooding would affect dating techniques?
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 11:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    From the creationists, do you have any explanation as to how flooding would affect dating techniques?
    You have to be very sure of your partner before you get on the Ark.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 15:11
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You have to be very sure of your partner before you get on the Ark.
    You'd be too late for the Ark. Grab the first one and run like hell.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 15:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    is the presence of water ever considered to be significant in dating of rocks?
    I dated a rock and found her to be a good conversationalist, especially when wet.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 15:43
    Dating rocks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree