1. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 08:25
    I've noticed a tiresome trait on this forum. A group of people, a race, a community who make up their mind and no amount of proof, pleas or pledges will get them to think on the matter any differently.

David C (most likely Californian or French) keeps insisting that I'm the nom de plume of some character called ivanhoe. Personally, I found his relentless and unsubstantiated dismissing statements obscenely dull and futile (but obviously not in his perspective). No amount of insisting will change his mind. Any arguments and points I throw out will be dismissed with contempt from Mr C (as I'm sure this one will be) as he thinks I have no credibility.

Let me generalise (as dangerous as calling the cavalry upon myself). I've noticed many posts instantly dismissed and/or shredded as having no proof or substance (as I'm sure this one will be) because the person doesn't agree with your perspective. I'm very guilty of this, but feel no guilt...

I'm not calling for a truce, because we're mostly all closed-minded bigots, so let's accept this and MOVE ON!!!

Peace on earth and good-will to all the men out there (that excludes you Mr C) unless you can change your tune a little and get out more. Bring on the barrage!
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 08:301 edit
    Originally posted by RatX
    I've noticed a tiresome trait on this forum. A group of people, a race, a community who make up their mind and no amount of proof, pleas or pledges will get them to think on the matter any differently.

David C (most likely Californian or French) keeps insisting that I'm the nom de plume of some character called ivanhoe. Personally, I found his relen ...[text shortened]... ludes you Mr C) unless you can change your tune a little and get out more. Bring on the barrage!
    ROTFLMAO. The cheek!
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 11:27
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The cheek!
    Is that what they're calling a chemical imbalance these days?
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 11:35
    ROTFLMAO. The cheek!
    Hal you are way above the level of that guy. shame , shame , you know better.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 11:49
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Hal you are way above the level of that guy.
    Actually, Frogmeister, I'm flattered. Problem is, just like him and his Syncretic Saviour®, I have no way to prove my assertions. That's a point in his favour.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 12:29
    Originally posted by David C
    Is that what they're calling a chemical imbalance these days?
    A butt cheek?
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 12:30
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Hal you are way above the level of that guy. shame , shame , you know better.
    So sorry FS, it was a moment of weakness in levity.
  8. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 15:29
    Actually, Frogmeister, I'm flattered. Problem is, just like him and his Syncretic Saviour®, I have no way to prove my assertions. That's a point in his favour.
    Syncretic? Funny...

My mind's closed and made up around a single, solid, intelligent faith - not some fruitsalad. But I don't have to try explain that to you, you're closed-minded, remember. đŸ˜”

What am I still writing for?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 15:52
    I'm not calling for a truce, because we're mostly all closed-minded bigots, so let's accept this and MOVE ON!!!
    So what's your point?
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 15:54

What am I still writing for?
    What indeed.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 16:05
    I meant no dispersion toward you or Hal
  12. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 16:11
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    So what's your point?
    The human condition...
  13. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 16:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What indeed.
    Nice...
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    So sorry FS, it was a moment of weakness in levity.
    Good Hal , Levity is fine but levitation is better. To rise above the pack you must first see the way clearly, only by elevating yourself to a higher plane and then looking down you can clearly see the Error that abides in what is being passed off as religion.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves

David C (most likely Californian or French) keeps insisting that I'm the nom de plume of some character called ivanhoe. Personally, I found his relen ...[text shortened]... ludes you Mr C) unless you can change your tune a little and get out more. Bring on the barrage!
    I am sure Ivanhoe has done his RHP duty and alerted this ad hominem attack on
    another RHP user.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree