1. London
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 19:28
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    the 3) is far different than your original assertion

and that's even if it was shown to be a false statement, which it has not been as of yet.
    Actually, my statement is true under common law†, but some jurisdictions have been shifitng more burden of proof to the plaintiff.

---
    † http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/hrj/iss13/docherty.shtml for instance
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 19:35
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Actually, my statement is true under common law†, but some jurisdictions have been shifitng more burden of proof to the plaintiff.

---
    † http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/hrj/iss13/docherty.shtml for instance
    But what is the rule in the Court of Ivanhoe?
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 19:39
    Originally posted by lucifershammer

---
    also how much protection does an internet alias get,, isn't the main purpose of nicknames to protect privacy.
    If I said Ivanhoe has caught veneral disease from a dead goat , for instance, which I assume wouldn't be true, would that be libel unless I attached he real name , which not only do I not know I have no desire to know.
    Nobody has to worry that I would say such a thing either as I rarely insult dead goats.
  4. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 21:50
    Originally posted by David C

his insults and his accusing me and RatX of having multiple accounts.

I did? Where? Please cite an example of these insults, I'll decide whether or not an apology is appropriate. Also, please cite an example of me having 'accused' you of having another account named 'RatX'. I'll be waiting...[/b]
    Originally posted by RatX
    Yes! I have a following...
    This turd of a forum doesn't deserve my two-cent, I'm outta here!!!

Originally posted by David C.
    Just as long as your other username goes with you.

I don't want to waste time trying to find the links you made between Ivanhoe and me, but this was just a recent spill of relentless fluff. Oh, don't worry, none of your comments to me deserve the title of "insult". When it comes to figuring out your apologising or not, don't apologise, you were just being you...

Peace and I'm off to sleep!
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 22:00
    [b]Originally posted by RatX

I don't want to waste time trying to find the links you made between Ivanhoe and me, but this was just a recent spill of relentless fluff. O ...[text shortened]... apologising or not, don't apologise, you were just being you...

Peace and I'm off to sleep![/b]
    hmmm...don't recall having addressed you, RatX, but I appreciate your input. I fail to see any accusation aimed at ivanhoe in the instance you offered. Perhaps you should reconsider 'wasting time to find the links', or stick to not playing chess.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 01:35
    [b]Originally posted by RatX

I don't want to waste time trying to find the links you made between Ivanhoe and me, but this was just a recent spill of relentless fluff. O ...[text shortened]... apologising or not, don't apologise, you were just being you...

Peace and I'm off to sleep![/b]
    Personally I think the quoted section paints you in a worse light than it does your accusee.
  7. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:59
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Personally I think the quoted section paints you in a worse light than it does your accusee.
    Hmmm... You're entitled to your own opinion and check out the rest of the threads when you can't sleep.
  8. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:01
    hmmm...don't recall having addressed you, RatX, but I appreciate your input. I fail to see any accusation aimed at ivanhoe in the instance you offered. Perhaps you should reconsider 'wasting time to find the links', or stick to not playing chess.
    Yes, Dave, memory's a tricky thing... If I find more time to blow on these forums and spend more quality time with you, I shall certainly do so.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:131 edit
    Let's say it's all a futile misunderstanding on my part and move on from there.
  10. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:01
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Let's say it's all a futile misunderstanding on my part and move on from there.
    Finally someone with a wise comment in the discussion.
    I personally don't see why anyone would suspect at all that Ivanhoe and RatX could be the same person for Ivanhoe is a subscriber and has no use for a second account... Oh well, what does it matter anyway. Let's discuss something useful!
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 01:04
    Originally posted by Asthereal
    Finally someone with a wise comment in the discussion.
    I personally don't see why anyone would suspect at all that Ivanhoe and RatX could be the same person for Ivanhoe is a subscriber and has no use for a second account... Oh well, what does it matter anyway. Let's discuss something useful!
    No use for a second account? C'mon, use your imagination a bit.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 01:38
    How bout darringers at 20 paces? We could have seconds and one
    of you could slap the other on the cheek with a glove...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree