1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 08:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    It means what it says.
    And - to your way of thinking - what it says means what?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 08:58
    Originally posted by @fmf
    And - to your way of thinking - what it says means what?
    It's simple English. Evidently you can read, so I can only assume that you know what it says. You may not agree, but the meaning is clear, even to those who aren't buying it. If you can read the words, you can either heed them or not. It's up to you. It's not really my business, either way.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:02
    It's simple English. Evidently you can read, so I can only assume that you know what it says. You may not agree, but the meaning is clear, even to those who aren't buying it. If you can read the words, you can either heed them or not. It's up to you. It's not really my business, either way.
    Just state what you think it means. I think it means that, according to believers in Christ, people like me are already "dead" - even when we seem to be alive - because we are non-believers. Is that what you think it means?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:28
    Just state what you think it means. I think it means that, according to believers in Christ, people like me are already "dead" - even when we seem to be alive - because we are non-believers. Is that what you think it means?
    It's pretty clear that in this case, the "dead" are those not following Christ. But as I said, this is not my call. I have no idea if you actually do follow Christ and are just "taking the piss" in this forum. Just because you may be an "unbeliever", that doesn't mean you're not "human". As you say, we are both obviously "alive" and are busy living our lives. I have no problem with allowing you the right to make your own decisions; you're an adult, after all. What this verse doesn't give me is the right to treat you as somehow "less than human" if I make the mistake of assuming that you are "dead" in Christ. It's simply not my call.

Now is there anything else you want to try to browbeat me over?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:29
    It's pretty clear that in this case, the "dead" are those not following Christ. But as I said, this is not my call. I have no idea if you actually do follow Christ and are just "taking the piss" in this forum. Just because you may be an "unbeliever", that doesn't mean you're not "human". As you say, we are both obviously "alive" and are busy living our ...[text shortened]... uman" if I make the mistake of assuming that you are "dead" in Christ. It's simply not my call.
    What your opinion is most certainly is your call. So do you agree with what I think it means?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:32
    Do you think the Jews, for example, are "the dead" in accordance with Luke 9.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:33
    I have no idea if you actually do follow Christ and are just "taking the piss" in this forum.
    I don't follow Christ. No. I am a non-believer when it comes to Christianity. Did you not know this?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 09:501 edit
    What your opinion is most certainly is your call. So do you agree with what I think it means?
    Actually, no.

Those who do not follow Christ may be "spiritually dead" right now. However, "Jesus said, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." (And dead in this verse has the same meaning as in the other verse, of course.)

All is not yet lost, even for you. 😛
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 10:02
    Do you think the Jews, for example, are "the dead" in accordance with Luke 9.
    Many Jews will come to Christ during the Tribulation. So no, not as a monolithic group.

Salvation in Christ is an individual thing. No one is excluded because they are a part of some "group". Christ came for Gentile and Jew, white, black, yellow or brown. All you have to do is believe in Him; the rest follows. But just because someone does not believe now, does not mean they are forever lost.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 10:37
    Many Jews will come to Christ during the Tribulation. So no, not as a monolithic group.

Salvation in Christ is an individual thing. No one is excluded because they are a part of some "group". Christ came for Gentile and Jew, white, black, yellow or brown. All you have to do is believe in Him; the rest follows. But just because someone does not believe now, does not mean they are forever lost.
    Are people who are not believers now "the dead" then?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 22:15
    Would a mass murderer who claims to be killing because he is a follower of Christ actually be a follower of Christ?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 09:27
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Would a mass murderer who claims to be killing because he is a follower of Christ actually be a follower of Christ?
    Yes, if the victims are homosexuals, or abortion doctors. 😵
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 11:16
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Yes, if the victims are homosexuals, or abortion doctors. 😵
    Homosexuals no, abortion doctors perhaps. Killing murderers could be Christian.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 13:59
    Are people who are not believers now "the dead" then?
    This seems clear. I'm not understanding the fine point you are trying to put on this.

I would add that this includes all who do not follow Christ. Certainly this may include some believers.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 14:00
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You cannot follow Christ and be a mass murderer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree