30 Jun '11 10:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 13:331 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Replacing the ignorant defiance of "Were you there?" with the inquisitiveness of "How do you know that?" would be rather like taking an axe to the root of just about every assertion that so many religionists make.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 17:55
    Does she apply the same intellectual rigour to religious instruction do you suppose?
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 23:46
    There will always be some kind of proof people will try and smear on you regarding the "how do you know" question but I like the "were you there".

There is no real evidence to really say how old the earth or moon is. Some believe 6000 years ago and some 4.6 billion years ago. None of us was there on either periods so I guess you have to choose one or the other. I believe in the 6000 years as it falls withing Bible scripture. And even there there are Christians whom do not believe the same. Who really cares how old the earth is? Will it make any difference in our way of living until dead, replaced or raptured?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 09:28
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    There will always be some kind of proof people will try and smear on you regarding the "how do you know" question but I like the "were you there".

There is no real evidence to really say how old the earth or moon is. Some believe 6000 years ago and some 4.6 billion years ago. None of us was there on either periods so I guess you have to choose one or th ...[text shortened]... earth is? Will it make any difference in our way of living until dead, replaced or raptured?
    by this argument, we shouldn't have invented anything or gather any knowledge because all life is really is waiting to die and get in the new one.

life is a challenge. we must constantly try and surpass ourselves. so when you do die, you have something to show god. think of life as a loan god gives you and the interest is what you do in life. this parable will explain:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_talents_or_minas
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 10:09
    Originally posted by Nicksten

There is no real evidence to really say how old the earth or moon is. Some believe 6000 years ago and some 4.6 billion years ago. None of us was there on either periods so I guess you have to choose one or th ...[text shortened]... earth is? Will it make any difference in our way of living until dead, replaced or raptured?
    There is no real evidence to really say how old the earth or moon is.

How have you come to this conclusions?!

Some believe 6000 years ago and some 4.6 billion years ago.

The information gathered through the scientific method tells us 4.6 billion years, only the religiously deluded believe 6000 years.

I believe in the 6000 years as it falls withing Bible scripture.

Proving my assertion above.

Who really cares how old the earth is?

I do, and countless people worldwide.

Will it make any difference in our way of living until dead, replaced or raptured?

Personally, i like to understand the universe and my place within it.
  7. St. Peter's
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 12:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Will it make any difference in our way of living until dead, replaced or raptured?

Personally, i like to understand the universe and my place within it.[/b]
    me too
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 13:37

9. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 13:39

10. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 13:519 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Replacing the ignorant defiance of "Were you there?" with the inquisitiveness of "How do you know that?" would be rather like taking an axe to the root of just about every assertion that so many religionists make.
    LMAO. Good luck there buddy. This is a back-patting exercise, not open to debate.

edit. It was probably a nine-year-old boy, not a girl, but then nobody saw that either.

...and the mead of the flatter and the shame don't matter, were you there?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 13:59
    i am sure the fundies will reply with "no, but god was"
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 22:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    ... and the assertions of the atheists, as well.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 22:36
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    edit. It was probably a nine-year-old boy, not a girl, but then nobody saw that either.
    Nine-year-old girls can be quite playful in throwing around their brainpower once they discover they have some. Being bold is not only for boys.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 23:47
    I would have asked the question, "how do you know?"
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 23:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nine-year-old girls can be quite playful in throwing around their brainpower once they discover they have some. Being bold is not only for boys.
    You should meet my Heather. Spit fire! LOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree