1. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    21 Aug '05 05:50
    Get over it.
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Joined
    17 Feb '02
    Moves
    32132
    21 Aug '05 05:56
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Get over it.
    Already have...through Jesus Christ...so can you... πŸ˜‰
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    21 Aug '05 16:57
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Already have...through Jesus Christ...so can you... πŸ˜‰
    Life after Death, an Oxymoron
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Aug '05 03:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Life after Death, an Oxymoron
    There is death after death....that is, until the rapture and the ressurection.
    Those that die go in the ground. Even Christians...want proof?..dig one up and see if he is still there.πŸ™‚
  5. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    22 Aug '05 03:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Life after Death, an Oxymoron
    Very incisive ...
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Aug '05 03:56
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Very incisive ...
    Well...isn't that the claim of most Christians?...that when you die you are immediately in God's presence?
  7. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    22 Aug '05 04:011 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Well...isn't that the claim of most Christians?...that when you die you are immediately in God's presence?
    I was going in a different direction; when you're dead, you're dead!
    "All things must pass"
    I could be wrong, never having been dead before.

    EDIT: As far as I can recall ...
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Aug '05 04:25
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I was going in a different direction; when you're dead, you're dead!
    "All things must pass"
    I could be wrong, never having been dead before.

    EDIT: As far as I can recall ...
    Well then...from your point of view, I would have to agree. That is, even as a Christian, I don't follow in the traditional sense. I believe that "unbelievers" even though they are ressurected to the judgement seat, they will face a second death and cease to exist...not suffer eternal torment.
  9. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    22 Aug '05 04:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Well then...from your point of view, I would have to agree. That is, even as a Christian, I don't follow in the traditional sense. I believe that "unbelievers" even though they are ressurected to the judgement seat, they will face a second death and cease to exist...not suffer eternal torment.
    Basically, that's what the lady next door told me (after her audience with the Pope, not about me! something else)
    There's a slum in heaven ... for Anglicans and so forth
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Aug '05 04:42
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Basically, that's what the lady next door told me (after her audience with the Pope, not about me! something else)
    There's a slum in heaven ... for Anglicans and so forth
    I hope thay have cable tv😡
  11. Joined
    16 Jul '05
    Moves
    167
    22 Aug '05 22:28
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I was going in a different direction; when you're dead, you're dead!
    "All things must pass"
    I could be wrong, never having been dead before.

    EDIT: As far as I can recall ...
    i dont think that is true. if youre just dead, and thats it its over, then how do people die and then come back after doctors do that electric schock thingy? how would it be possible to come back then?
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    22 Aug '05 23:17
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    i dont think that is true. if youre just dead, and thats it its over, then how do people die and then come back after doctors do that electric schock thingy? how would it be possible to come back then?
    They don't bring them back the next day do they?
    That's the kind I'm talking about.
  13. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    23 Aug '05 02:47
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    i dont think that is true. if youre just dead, and thats it its over, then how do people die and then come back after doctors do that electric schock thingy? how would it be possible to come back then?
    Christians are so strange about the word "death". They use it in so many different ways...
  14. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17038
    23 Aug '05 05:24
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    There is death after death....that is, until the rapture and the ressurection.
    Those that die go in the ground. Even Christians...want proof?..dig one up and see if he is still there.πŸ™‚
    I disagree, When you die, your body dies, but your soul (spirit) lives on, didnt Jesus tell that guy on the cross he would be in heaven that very day? he didnt say after the rapture, so when a christian dies, his body completly dies, and will return to dust, while his soul goes heaven, and maybe get a new body, or might stay in the spirit form, I dont know

    I also disagree with many christians about the rapture, I dont believe that there is. I may be wrong, but from my studies, that is a way wacky belief, I can explain why if you want
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    23 Aug '05 18:34
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I disagree, When you die, your body dies, but your soul (spirit) lives on, didnt Jesus tell that guy on the cross he would be in heaven that very day? he didnt say after the rapture, so when a christian dies, his body completly dies, and will return to dust, while his soul goes heaven, and maybe get a new body, or might stay in the spirit form, I dont kno ...[text shortened]... . I may be wrong, but from my studies, that is a way wacky belief, I can explain why if you want
    See, I have this problem, a numerical issue really.
    Now the human race has about 6 billion members some more some
    lessπŸ™‚
    10,000 years ago or so there were maybe one million around.
    Where did the 6 billion "souls" come from?
    Is there some intergalactic soul generating machine?
    God personally infuses each newborn with soulness?
    If so, at what point in the development of the fetus does the
    soul machine insert one newly minted soul?
    So doesn't this create a situation in heaven? a SOULGAP?
    Is there at any point in heaven a SOUL'd out sign?
    Also, how much energy is required to make a soul?
    is it green energy?
    Does the soul have energy?
    If so can it be harvested ala Matrix?
Back to Top