1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 01:21
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I disagree, When you die, your body dies, but your soul (spirit) lives on, didnt Jesus tell that guy on the cross he would be in heaven that very day? he didnt say after the rapture, so when a christian dies, his body completly dies, and will return to dust, while his soul goes heaven, and maybe get a new body, or might stay in the spirit form, I dont kno ...[text shortened]... . I may be wrong, but from my studies, that is a way wacky belief, I can explain why if you want
    Nice try...but if you look up the word "soul"in hebrew it is "nephesh" and is simply "breathlife"..animals have it, trees, etc.
    Man is not born with spirit.. Man is born simply body and soul. When a man/woman is "born again" (salvation) they receive holy spirit.
    As far as what Jesus told the thief on the cross....
    Luke 23:43
    43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
    (NKJ)

This verse depends on where you put the commas. Is it as you see above or is it ..."And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you today, you will be with Me in Paradise."

This makes all the difference in the world. Remember that the original Word of God had no punctuation...it was added later by man.
    So a scribe in (1611 King James) could have a theoretical bias.
    However if the man was immediately in paradise, it would contradict the rest of the bible, making it worthless.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 02:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Nice try...but if you look up the word "soul"in hebrew it is "nephesh" and is simply "breathlife"..animals have it, trees, etc.
    Man is not born with spirit.. Man is born simply body and soul. When a man/woman is "born again" (salvation) they receive holy spirit.
    As far as what Jesus told the thief on the cross....
    Luke 23:43
    43 And Jesus sai ...[text shortened]... man was immediately in paradise, it would contradict the rest of the bible, making it worthless.
    Interesting, although I still disagree, for one reason my great grandmother just before she died, all of a sudden she let out the biggest smile, said she could see angels coming, and she also said she heard the most beautiful music. and she wasnt somone who made up stories.

Also if you read about ressicuted patents, and some of their stories, But I guess you probaly think all of that is dreams or somthing.

What about King Saul, when he went to a medium and talked to Samual? and the present day mediums? And when Jesus's disiples saw Jesus talking to Moses?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 18:36
    I disagree, When you die, your body dies, but your soul (spirit) lives on, didnt Jesus tell that guy on the cross he would be in heaven that very day? he didnt say after the rapture, so when a christian dies, his body completly dies, and will return to dust, while his soul goes heaven, and maybe get a new body, or might stay in the spirit form, I dont kno ...[text shortened]... . I may be wrong, but from my studies, that is a way wacky belief, I can explain why if you want
    Spirits go to the Spirituality Forum after they die? Good thing we separated it from Debates! I don't want to debate with ghosts.
  4. Standard memberpadfoot
    Discombobulating...
    cloning vat
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 19:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    See, I have this problem, a numerical issue really.
    Now the human race has about 6 billion members some more some
    less🙂
    10,000 years ago or so there were maybe one million around.
    Where did the 6 billion "souls" come from?
    Is there some intergalactic soul generating machine?
    God personally infuses each newborn with soulness?
    If so, at what point ...[text shortened]... a soul?
    is it green energy?
    Does the soul have energy?
    If so can it be harvested ala Matrix?
    gosh, no-one is even acknowladging this rather witty post... i mean, seriously people, Look at it! Read it! it's funny!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 20:43
    Interesting, although I still disagree, for one reason my great grandmother just before she died, all of a sudden she let out the biggest smile, said she could see angels coming, and she also said she heard the most beautiful music. and she wasnt somone who made up stories.

Also if you read about ressicuted patents, and some of their stories, But I guess ...[text shortened]... d to Samual? and the present day mediums? And when Jesus's disiples saw Jesus talking to Moses?
    She may have.I would not doubt that. But she was still alive at the time, correct...The Lord may have comforted her and reassured her before she passed away. He always tries to allevieate "fear".

Same with res. patients....but here we have to be cautious...sometimes it could be a demon, who can enter the mind and do whatever he wants if it would promote an agenda. ie., promote a "hereafter", or ghosts, etc.

Saul is an interesting subject, with the witch of Endor. This too was demonic...I can elaborate on another post.

As far as the transfiguration...you are missing the word "vision". They saw a vision. I can elaborate on this as well if you are interested.

John saw a vision when he wrote the book of revelation...these are future events that have yet to take place...same with Daniel, etc.
  6. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 22:55
    Intergalactic soul generating machine?

Perhaps this may somehow be linked to the Intergalactic life generating machine, ie, big bang theory, matter / anti-matter, the creation of something from nothing ?.......just a thought.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree