1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 13:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's right! You don't want to be religiously dogmatic. In that you're more like josephw. Contrary to what you may think you know about him.

Do you think FMF is Godless? If not, how does he know God? Please don't tell josephw FMF knows God with his gut. That would be rather religious.
    On this forum you offer religionist dogma and virtually nothing else. I find it good to be personally free from it but I do enjoy engaging those who propagate it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    On this forum you offer religionist dogma and virtually nothing else. I find it good to be personally free from it but I do enjoy engaging those who propagate it.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. I enjoy it too. At least we have that much in common.

The dogma I "offer" isn't religious. That's just your perspective. An incorrect perspective. If you knew me you would think I was a heathen. I do not practice religion according to what you think religion is.

The doctrine I profess is straight from the mouth of God. You might want to think about what you say about what God has spoken before you criticize it. After all, as a deist, you can't be sure God hasn't spoken.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 22:52
    The dogma I "offer" isn't religious. That's just your perspective. An incorrect perspective. If you knew me you would think I was a heathen. I do not practice religion according to what you think religion is.
    Your beliefs are religious beliefs. Most of what you say here is religious dogma or rooted in it. What you "practise" is neither here nor there. I am talking about what you post in this forum.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 22:53
    The doctrine I profess is strait from the mouth of God.
    This is a religious belief.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is a religious belief.
    Then you think God is religious?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:321 edit
    You are religious. Your beliefs are religious beliefs. Your religion is Christianity. When you say "The doctrine I profess is strait from the mouth of God", the doctrine you profess is the religion you profess.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are religious. Your beliefs are religious beliefs. Your religion is Christianity. When you say "The doctrine I profess is strait from the mouth of God", the doctrine you profess is the religion you profess.
    No, the doctrine I profess is the truth of God's Word and has nothing to do with religion as you know it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:471 edit
    No, the doctrine I profess is the truth of God's Word and has nothing to do with religion as you know it.
    As I said, that you believe the doctrine [you] profess is the truth of God's Word, is one of your religious beliefs. Indeed it is one of your most fundamental religious beliefs. The bit about it having "nothing to do with religion", I presume, is just you trying to display your sincerity and strength of conviction that you are somehow different from billions of other religionists around the world.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 22:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I said, that you believe the doctrine [you] profess is the truth of God's Word, is one of your religious beliefs. Indeed it is one of your most fundamental religious beliefs. The bit about it having "nothing to do with religion", I presume, is just you trying to display your sincerity and strength of conviction that you are somehow different from billions of other religionists around the world.
    Please. Believers. Not "religionists".

You must work for the mass media. If not, you missed your calling.

You know next to nothing of him. In fact, even I find your labels wildly inappropriate, given what I know about him.

But, as you say, you use words for the precise meaning you want them to convey. But in this case (as is often the case), you are simply wrong, thus showing your mislabeling of him is just what it is, misrepresentation.

And yes, btw, there IS another word for that.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 22:26
    I think he is a believer but doesn't go to church regularly.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 22:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is different from your religious beliefs of Islam, Buddism, Shintoism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Witchcraft.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 00:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know next to nothing of him. In fact, even I find your labels wildly inappropriate, given what I know about him.
    Well I have read his posts so it's a bit wide of the mark to claim I know nothing of him.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 00:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Always wondered what religion is to you, outhouse. Wow.
    The meaning was that the outhouse is were you should go do dump all your shyte, not this forum.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 00:56
    Dasa, I got a copy of Bhagavad Gita 'as it is'. Is that the correct copy to read? by swami Prabhupada.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 22:15
    Just so you might answer my question, I pulled this one up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree