1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '13 11:082 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not have muslim friends.
    How sad, and yet predictable.

You cite Mosaic Law to support the death penalty, and yet dodge why you do not support the execution of people who have gay sex. This is no doubt because you have a gay son.

If you spent some time with Muslims, then likewise you would not find it so easy to maintain your view that all Muslims are the enemy and intent on doing you harm.

I still wonder what makes you such a timid and scared person.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 May '13 12:50
    Originally posted by Rank outsider

You cite Mosaic Law to support the death penalty, and yet dodge why you do not support the execution of people who have gay sex. This is no doubt because you have a gay son.

If you spent some time with Muslims, then likewise you would not find it so easy to maintain your view that all Muslims are the enemy and intent on doing you harm.

He's afraid one of them might be the beastly beastie.

According to R J, the Muslims are the new Beastie Boys.

You gotta fight, for your right, TO PAAAARRRRTTY.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 17:521 edit

Can you cite Mosaic law that supports the execution of people who have gay sex?

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 21:341 edit

I found the section that you must be referring to in Leviticus 20. This is part of the same section of the Mosaic law that said the following:

For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.

The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death.

(Leviticus 20:9-10 NKJV)

The following is how Jesus handled the situation of a women caught in the act of adultry:

Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?

So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?”

She said, “No one, Lord.”

And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

(John 8:3-5, 7-11 NKJV)

Jesus also told the Pharisees, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

(Matthew 19:8-9 NKJV

Therefore, I am sure Jesus would handle the situation of a gay man caught in the act of gay sex in a similar manner. That does not mean it is not a sin, for surely Jesus acknowledges that it is, but chooses to handle the situation in a different way under His new covenant. Since Jesus, has made a new covenant for those that believe in him, I must yield to his judgment on these type matters; and even though, these are sins and I do not condone them, I do not advocate execution either. I also have never been divorced and do not plan on it.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '13 21:441 edit
    I found the section that you must be referring to in Leviticus 20. This is part of the same section of the Mosaic law that said the following:

[b]For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.

The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he ...[text shortened]... cate execution either. I also have never been divorced and do not plan on it.

The Instructor
    Now I know you are a troll, or have serious psychological problems.

Not that long ago you argued a completely different interpretation of the passages relating to the woman accused of adultery, to support your view that Mosaic Law still applied, and that a woman could, in principle, still be stoned to death for adultery. You argued that the Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus, and that he, in fact, upheld Mosaic Law, which they had not complied with in bringing this woman to justice.

It must worry you that I have a better grasp of your train of thought than you do.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '13 21:54
    Can you cite Mosaic law that supports the execution of people who have gay sex?

The Instructor
    You call yourself the Instructor, claim to be a Christian, you have a gay son, and you seriously claim not to know this?

I have cited it in more than one thread you have posted on. You are either trolling, or losing your grip on reality.

Seriously, I have no animosity towards you, but I think you seriously need to consider professional help.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 21:59
    Now I know you are a troll, or have serious psychological problems.

Not that long ago you argued a completely different interpretation of the passages relating to the woman accused of adultery, to support your view that Mosaic Law still applied, and that a woman could, in principle, still be stoned to death for adultery. You argued that the Pharise ...[text shortened]... o justice.

It must worry you that I have a better grasp of your train of thought than you do.
    You must be thinking of somebody else, for I never argued any such thing.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 22:04
    You call yourself the Instructor, claim to be a Christian, you have a gay son, and you seriously claim not to know this?

I have cited it in more than one thread you have posted on. You are either trolling, or losing your grip on reality.

Seriously, I have no animosity towards you, but I think you seriously need to consider professional help.
    I did not claim not to know this. I just could not remember the exact verse and thought you could save me time by citing the verse you were referring to, so that I could review it before providing the instruction.

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '13 08:09
    Just as I imagine you can't remember this....

I have enjoyed making so many friends here and I hate to leave.
    However, I have done enough damage and apologize for all the misunderstandings.
    Good luck and may God bless all of you.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '13 08:211 edit
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '13 08:23
    You must be thinking of somebody else, for I never argued any such thing.

The Instructor
    OK - run it by me again. How do you justify the death penalty for women who have abortions in light of Jesus's teachings?

I await instruction.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 May '13 09:351 edit
    OK - run it by me again. How do you justify the death penalty for women who have abortions in light of Jesus's teachings?

I await instruction.
    The ten commandents came directly from God.

And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

(Exodus 31:18 NKJV)

Of the 10 commandments, the 6th commandment says, "Thou shalt not murder." In Matthew 19:18, Christ quotes the 6th commandment and says "Thou shalt do no MURDER." So according to Jesus Christ the 6th commandment is not talking about self-defense or combat, and most certainly not about capital punishment.

Capital punishment was instituted by God for the crime of Murder.

“Whoever sheds man’s blood,
    By man his blood shall be shed;
    For in the image of God
    He made man."

(Genesis 9:6 NKJV)

However, this was not to be done without a court of law and the facts established by 2 or 3 witnesses,

Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death on the testimony of two or three witnesses; he shall not be put to death on the testimony of one witness.

(Deuteronomy 17:6 NKJV)

Jesus never spoke against capital punishment or reinterpreted this law. Therefore, If a woman takes the life of her unborn bady that is shedding man's blood and is murder and is also deserving of the death penalty according to God's command and the Mosaic law.

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 May '13 09:48
    “And this is the case of the manslayer who flees there, that he may live: Whoever kills his neighbor unintentionally, not having hated him in time past— as when a man goes to the woods with his neighbor to cut timber, and his hand swings a stroke with the ax to cut down the tree, and the head slips from the handle and strikes his neighbor so that he dies—he shall flee to one of these cities and live; lest the avenger of blood, while his anger is hot, pursue the manslayer and overtake him, because the way is long, and kill him, though he was not deserving of death, since he had not hated the victim in time past. Therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall separate three cities for yourself.’

“Now if the Lord your God enlarges your territory, as He swore to your fathers, and gives you the land which He promised to give to your fathers, and if you keep all these commandments and do them, which I command you today, to love the Lord your God and to walk always in His ways, then you shall add three more cities for yourself besides these three, lest innocent blood be shed in the midst of your land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, and thus guilt of bloodshed be upon you.

“But if anyone hates his neighbor, lies in wait for him, rises against him and strikes him mortally, so that he dies, and he flees to one of these cities, then the elders of his city shall send and bring him from there, and deliver him over to the hand of the avenger of blood, that he may die. Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with you.

“You shall not remove your neighbor’s landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess.

“One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established. If a false witness rises against any man to testify against him of wrongdoing, then both men in the controversy shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who serve in those days. And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother, then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you. And those who remain shall hear and fear, and hereafter they shall not again commit such evil among you. Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

(Deuteronomy 19:4-21 NKJV)

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '13 12:32

Jesus never spoke against capital punishment or reinterpreted this law. Therefore, If a woman takes the life of her unborn bady that is shedding man's blood and is murder and is also deserving of the death penalty according to God's command and the Mosaic law.

The Instructor
    So you accept that the Mosaic law death penalty applies except if Jesus speaks specifically against it for a particular crime.

So please provide me with the Biblical reference that Jesus speaks against the death penalty for a man having sex with another man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree