1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 10:52
    Originally posted by sonship
    David Berlinski bemoans the absence of convincing evidence for Darwinan theory in Biology.

Why can't we program a genetic algorithm to simulate what Evolution is suppose to do ? He says we should be able to do that as in other hard sciences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeSaUq-Hl8
    Because Evil-lution is a myth - A fairy tale for grownups, as one scientist put it. 😏
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 14:551 edit
    David Berlinski bemoans the absence of convincing evidence for Darwinan theory in Biology.

Why can't we program a genetic algorithm to simulate what Evolution is suppose to do ? He says we should be able to do that as in other hard sciences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeSaUq-Hl8
    Well He's lying from start to finish, And we can program a genetic algorithm to do
    what evolution is supposed to do.

In fact Richard Dawkins created one specially for one of his series on evolution.

Genetic algorithms are used in AI research, and automated learning programs.
    They are used by engineers, physicists, and biologists.

What he is saying is just flat out false. He knows it, and is lying through his teeth.

The fossil record is not "baffling" or "mystifying" and does support evolution, and
    matches all the predictions made by Darwinian theory.

The "Cambrian Explosion" is perfectly compatible with evolution and doesn't trouble
    it at all.

We can and have many many many times theoretically used natural selection and
    random genetic variation to produce complexity.

And he's wrong again. Evolution does make testable predictions that match observation
    and evolution is and has been used to make many predictions that have been experimentally
    verified.

Evolutionary biology IS a serious science and unlike General Relativity, Evolution by natural selection
    is not known to be wrong.

As I say, you can, and many people have, created evolutionary programs in computers.
    In fact people do it all the time.

YES IT IS A SIMPLE MECHANISM THAT CAN BE EASILY PROGRAMMED ON A COMPUTER...
    THAT'S WHY IT HAS BEEN PROGRAMMED ON A COMPUTER MANY MANY MANY TIMES AND IT
    WORKS. Lying hypocritical moron.

Ok now he's just admitting he's totally incompetent at computer programming if he can't create
    a genetic algorithm himself.

And now he's lying about the experiences of everyone in his field* who isn't incompetent like
    he is and can create working genetic algorithms.
    *Assuming he does actually have any sort of qualification or expertise in this field which looks
    unlikely at this point.

Yeah this guy is just lying through his teeth at every turn.

This is a pathetic video.

EDIT: Oh what a surprise this idiot works for the discovery institute. Nuff said.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge

...a majority populated Christian
    country?
    I do not get it. How can a reasonable, intelligent, educated person not see the flaw?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 22:25
    Originally posted by apathist
    I do not get it. How can a reasonable, intelligent, educated person not see the flaw?
    This may just be me... But I am not clear quite what you are saying.

I don't know if you are claiming their is a flaw in my argument or Suzianne's...
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:09
    I think I was on this point: eg if you are born in the middle east, you're Muslim. Religion is not about the gods, instead it is about culture.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 01:331 edit
    Well He's lying from start to finish, And we can program a genetic algorithm to do

In fact Richard Dawkins created one specially for one of his series on evolution.

What he is s EDIT: Oh what a surprise this idiot works for the discovery institute. Nuff said.
    You're behaving just like Dasa, accusing everyone whom you disagree with of dishonesty.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 01:43
    You're behaving just like Dasa, accusing everyone whom you disagree with of dishonesty.
    RJHinds made a specific claim about genetic algorithms. Are you saying the claim is true?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:27

What he is s ...[text shortened]... EDIT: Oh what a surprise this idiot works for the discovery institute. Nuff said.
    You misunderstand what Dr. Berlinski has said. He says, that no one has programmed a genetic algorithm by using Darwinian theory to do what evolution is supposed to do and the only way that it can be done is by not using the Darwinian theory. Listen to him and hear it for yourself.

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution (1/3)
    YouTube

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution (2/3)
    YouTube

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution (3/3)
    YouTube
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 09:49
    No. I am accusing the idiot in the video of lying.

I am doing so because pretty much everything he said was untrue and that in my estimation
    there is no way he doesn't know that.

He is thus telling deliberate untruths which is generally referred to as lying.

I went through that video and pointed out a whole host of things that he said that were factually
    incorrect. Are you going to deal with any of those points or are you just going to claim I am biased
    and run away?
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 09:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You misunderstand what Dr. Berlinski has said. He says, that no one has programmed a genetic algorithm by using Darwinian theory to do what evolution is supposed to do and the only way that it can be done is by not using the Darwinian theory. Listen to him and hear it for yourself.

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution (1/3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch? ...[text shortened]... zUEWtKq4

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution (3/3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjnIwDkN0o
    No I understood what he was saying perfectly.

I don't need to see any more of his lies to know his position is untenable.

I mean I've worked with people who wrote/used genetic algorithms for heavens sake.

Plus that was far from the only thing he lied about.

Pretty much everything he said about the fossil record was wrong for starters.

He's a liar who works for an organisation set up specifically to spread and promote lies.

As such he has negative credibility.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 09:55
    Originally posted by apathist
    I think I was on this point: eg if you are born in the middle east, you're Muslim. Religion is not about the gods, instead it is about culture.
    Ok, I hoped that was what you were saying but it wasn't clear to me.

Thank you for the clarification.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 11:091 edit
    unlike dasa, googlefudge has a mountain on top of a mountain of facts, data and experts that back up what he's saying. dasa has zero.]

edit: there is nothing wrong in calling people liars if you can prove that they are lying.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 13:53
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    unlike dasa, googlefudge has a mountain on top of a mountain of facts, data and experts that back up what he's saying. dasa has zero.]

edit: there is nothing wrong in calling people liars if you can prove that they are lying.
    That is just it, googlefudge can't prove it. He is all mouth with no bite. 😏
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 14:05
    No I understood what he was saying perfectly.

I don't need to see any more of his lies to know his position is untenable.

I mean I've worked with people who wrote/used genetic algorithms for heavens sake.

Plus that was far from the only thing he lied about.

Pretty much everything he said about the fossil record was wrong for starters.

He's ...[text shortened]... ation set up specifically to spread and promote lies.

As such he has negative credibility.
    I say, from his credientials and from the fact that he has examined the evidence from an unbiased position, that he has more credibility with me than you and your biased cohorts will ever have. Also, it is my understanding that the organization that he works for is set up to seek out the truth and present the evidence as it really is instead of filtered by the evil-lution doctrine. 😏
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 03:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... he has examined the evidence from an unbiased position,

... it is my understanding that the organization that he works for is set up
    to seek out the truth and present the evidence as it really is instead of filtered
    by the evil-lution doctrine.
    No need to discredit your posts,
    you do it so well yourself!

😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree