1. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Dec '05 16:32
    Originally posted by Redmike
    OK - seems most people seem to accept that there are degrees of hell. I was brought up a catholic, so there was no such idea - hell was hell, and it was forever - better get that homework done now, or you could be there tomorrow.

Does the same apply to heaven? Is it worth busting a gut to be as pious as possible, or does just making the cut get the same p ...[text shortened]... ry criteria are (like a night club with a variable dress code), but are there degrees of heaven?
    The general idea is that you reap what you sow.

A greater evil gets a greater punishment, and a similar scale is used for piety.

As for the eventual release of the souls, it depends on the religion/sect concerned. For some, jesus only died for the sins of the "saved", and other think he died for all humanity. Then there's the debate over the necessity of repentance and forgiveness, and the state of "christianhood" one requires to be considered "saved".

We need to figure out who is concerned before we can get a definitive answer, otherwise it's just like a blob of grey ooze.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 14:39
    Originally posted by Tetsujin
    The general idea is that you reap what you sow.

A greater evil gets a greater punishment, and a similar scale is used for piety.

As for the eventual release of the souls, it depends on the religion/sect concerned. For some, jesus only died for the sins of the "saved", and other think he died for all humanity. Then there's the debate over the necess ...[text shortened]... concerned before we can get a definitive answer, otherwise it's just like a blob of grey ooze.
    It’ll probably always be “a blob of grey ooze” until we meet God.
  3. Forgotten
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 18:36
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    It’ll probably always be “a blob of grey ooze” until we meet God.
    no man, we live in colrado
    we are ice blobs till the spring thaw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree