1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 19:26
    First Corinthians 15:24 says:

"Then the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to His God and Father, once He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

There is a belief some have that this indicates a cessation of the Son of God in some "office" as if He only temporarily holds a place of authority.

Next post clears this up on grammatical grounds first.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 19:29
    @sonship said
    First Corinthians 15:24 says:

"Then the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to His God and Father, once He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

There is a belief some have that this indicates a cessation of the Son of God in some "office" as if He only temporarily holds a place of authority.

Next post clears this up on grammatical grounds first.
    How many threads are you going to start on this debunked theory?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 19:481 edit

The Greek verb translated "deliver up" is paradidomi (transliterated). In Matthew 10:17, 19, 21 we see it also.

"And beware of men, for they will deliver you up to sanhedrins, and in their synagogues ..." (Matt. 10:17)

"But when they deliver you up, do not be anxious about how or what you should speak, ..." (v.19)

"And brother will deliver up brother to death ..." (v.21)

According to G.H. Lang " ... it does not necessarily have the force of handing over something to the extent that the bestower looses possession.

In Matthew 25 The master of the house leaving home delivers up his goods to his servants.
    "For the kingdom of the heavens is just like a man about to go abroad, who called his own slaves and delivered to them his possessions." (v.14)

"And he who had received the five talnets came and brought another five talents, saying, Master, you delivered to me five talents; behold, I have gained another five talents." (v.20)

"And he who had received the two talents also came and said, Master, you delivered to me two talents; behold, I have gained another two talents." (v.22)

Though the master delivered his goods to his servants, he did not lose ownership or his right to control those goods.

Similarly we read of the faith once for all delivered to the saints in Jude 3
    " ... earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 3)

This doesn't mean that the bestowers of the faith lost ownership of the faith they delivered.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 20:081 edit
    The faith being delivered to the saints did not mean Christ lost possession of the faith.

The word is also used when Paul delivered to the Corinthians that which he also received.
    By delivering it to the Corinthians Paul did not give up ownership of that which he delivered.

"For I delivered to you, first of all, that which also I received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures ... etc. etc."

The word "up" in "delivered up" in First Corinthians 15:24 may be omitted. Then it would read -
    "He shall deliver the kingdom to God, even the Father ..."

as in these English translations
    English Standard Version
    Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And then the end will come, when he will deliver The Kingdom to God The Father, when he will destroy every Ruler and every Authority and all Powers.

Since Christ dominion is an eternal one (Dan. 7:14) his delivering the kingdom is not relinquishing possession of His kingdom.

Since He is the possessor of "the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet. 1:11) He does not "deliver UP" as in lose ownership. Rather He delivers to His God and Father and it remains His eternal possession.

Many translations say "hand over" to God the kingdom. Again paradidomi does not have to mean cessation of ownership in the delivering of something.

Assistance for this post I derived from The Last Assize by G.H. Lang, published by Conley and Schoettle Publishing. The chapter title was "God All And All" beginning on page 56.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 17:54
    No one's reading anyway.

Here is some pictures of the believers meeting around the world as local churches in the Lord's recovery.

All Christians helped by the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee -around the globe.

Skip the ad.

It was for Her
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 18:08
    @sonship said
    Here is some pictures of the believers meeting around the world
    It was for Her
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPDauehnG8
    That was quite pleasant to watch and listen too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree