1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 02:03
    oh hell... here we go another Christian coming to take over the world!

what is the purpose of this written in the Bible?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 08:29
    lol.lol.lol.
    i guess Christians around here only talk about what is suitable to their own life ?
    come on... somebody have a go at this.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 09:42
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba

I dont understand wat your asking.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 09:48
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I dont understand wat your asking.
    o.k. i'll come back later... write something up.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 09:53
    o.k. i'll come back later... write something up.
    hmmm. well from looking at your thread on the debates section it sounds like "should we denounce authorities?". In answer "yes definitely" whether it be the pope, George Bush or Jesus. Thats the only way we can have a voice of dissidence.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 12:16
    GO AWAY!!!

i know this is proberbly going to annoy a few people here, but i can't be bothered trying to find and write verses down. i'll just put down what i remember from air and if someone can find fault, they can just write it down correctly 😉.

To me, being a Christian means putting Jesus first. this contains placing His authority over our enemies, friends, family and ourselves. the last i believe is the most important as if we do this, then the former should naturally fall into place.

O.K. Enemies First.

i know about a man in Afganastan who recently converted from islam to Christianity. America freed this country and gave it democracy. WTF... this man could get sentenced to death for his belief in Jesus. this is common place around the world, so hey Mr. Bush stop listening to those half-wits around you, pull your finger out and help your brother. you know it's wrong... fix it!!!

Friends.

this is something that weighs heavy on my heart. i believe this is an area where many Christians have commited suicide because of what i am going to talk about.
    i reckon many Christians give their hearts to Jesus and find they no longer are able to have the same friends as they want to have a life in Jesus, yet they are tied to addictions which remain.
    as a little boy i remember a man who attended the church i had to go to. he would stop going for a while and then come back in a repeating cycle. i felt so sorry for him as people would talk about him behind his back. i got annoyed at those dirty christians mouths who thought they knew what they were doing, yet did not realise they were also putting the nails in Jesus's hands without even realising.

Family.

this could be a painful one for some? i remember a verse in the Bible about anyone who gives up their own mother and/or father will be blessed ummm.... lots.
    it don't take a genius to work out why this would happen as anyone who does this would have a really strong faith in Jesus that they would do more for Him. live your life for Jesus and you are going to be blessed... sometimes a few lucky ones even get blessed in this lifetime too.

Mine Own Self.

well this one is simple. it's found in your submission in your personal relationship with Jesus. 😉. you're loved by him i guess.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 15:18

Are you thinking of this verse from Colossians 2?

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 23:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Are you thinking of this verse from Colossians 2?

[b]And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
    [/b]
    i thank God you're not.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 00:44

O.K. Enemies First.

i know about a man in Afganastan who recently converted from islam to Christianity. America freed this country and gave it democracy. WTF... this man could ge ...[text shortened]... our brother. you know it's wrong... fix it!!!
    Exactly what are you arguing for? How many elections have happenned in Afganistan since the invasion? Do you seriously think that the Northern Alliance are one iota better than the Talliban? Given the state that Iraq is in now do you really think that another heavy-handed US lead intervention is really going to help the world?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Exactly what are you arguing for? How many elections have happenned in Afganistan since the invasion? Do you seriously think that the Northern Alliance are one iota better than the Talliban? Given the state that Iraq is in now do you really think that another heavy-handed US lead intervention is really going to help the world?
    i'm looking a problem which happens around the world. democracy is only as good as it's people. yah... we freed the people by giving them democracy, yet a Christian can still be punnished with death for believing in Jesus.

i guess only the really crazy Christians would receive the death penalty... like those ones you get in the court room saying 'i don't want a lawyer, Jesus is my lawyer'. and then when they get asked what they have to say in their defence they say 'i love Jesus, i love Jesus.' i guess it's only those ones who get killed.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 03:00
    i'm looking a problem which happens around the world. democracy is only as good as it's people. yah... we freed the people by giving them democracy, yet a Christian can still be punnished with death for believing in Jesus.
    ...[text shortened]... ence they say 'i love Jesus, i love Jesus.' i guess it's only those ones who get killed.
    Questions: would it be democratic for a country to renounce its democracy?
    By implication: Would it be undemocratic to impose democracy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree