1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 23:18
    The Biblical doctrine of the depravity of man is heavily debated within the church, and is supported by irrefutable empirical evidence.
    Can there be any doubt that we are sinners?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Biblical doctrine of the depravity of man is heavily debated within the church, and is supported by irrefutable empirical evidence.
    You are asking a wrong question.

I think it should be:

Can there be any doubt that we are born sinners?
    Because that what depravity of man means.

We are not born sinners, we are born clean and pure. Some choose to sin, and some don't. There are different levels of sins. And GOD forgives what he wants to whom he wants.

The Bible talkes about Perfect and Righteous people. How could this be if they are sinners. So to answer your questions, yes there could be many people without sins.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:19
    Originally posted by ahosyney

I think it should be:

Can there be any doubt that we are [b]born
    sinners?

We are not born sinners, we are born clean and pure. Some choose to sin, and some don't. There are different levels of sins. And GOD forgives what he wants to whom he wants.

Th ...[text shortened]... if they are sinners. So to answer your questions, yes there could be many people without sins.[/b]
    Who do you know personally that is "sinless"?
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:281 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who do you know personally that is "sinless"?
    My grand parents
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:34
    Can there be any doubt that such a view is a total crock?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:36
    My grand parents
    Your grandparents have never sinned? Is that what they told you? After all, I assume you are taking their word for it since you have not been around their entire lives.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:42
    This is rather vague and nebulous and will ultimately result in a boring thread that ends in a rather contentious unfulfilling debate. Let's liven it up.

Who is your opinion is the most depraved person on the site? Or top five. However you want to do it.
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 00:52
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This is rather vague and nebulous and will ultimately result in a boring thread that ends in a rather contentious unfulfilling debate. Let's liven it up.

Who is your opinion is the most depraved person on the site? Or top five. However you want to do it.
    I've only got 2 for the list:

1) Doctor Scribbles
    2) kirksey957
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Your grandparents have never sinned? Is that what they told you? After all, I assume you are taking their word for it since you have not been around their entire lives.
    I didn't expect a different response. Your life style makes it hard for you to believe so. But I don't. I know many who lived their entire life without doing a single thing aganist GOD's will.

You faith is based on the idea of a spoiled man. But I don't believe that GOD will do that. Even the Bible contradict itself about that.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:26
    Originally posted by Crita
    I've only got 2 for the list:

1) Doctor Scribbles
    2) kirksey957
    Several years ago someone on the site said I was the most likely person to lead someone to hell.
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:29
    Totally off-subject, and for that I apologize, but nice avatar, Kirksey.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 01:29
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Several years ago someone on the site said I was the most likely person to lead someone to hell.
    I was meeting a JW man last week who believe that Hell doesn't exist. So according to him you are leading them to nowhere.

I think you better search for another place!!
  13. Earth
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 02:00

I think it should be:

Can there be any doubt that we are [b]born
    sinners?

Th ...[text shortened]... if they are sinners. So to answer your questions, yes there could be many people without sins.[/b]
    I tend to agree wit ahosyney. We are told to strive to be like Christ. God would not ask us to do the impossible. Even Jesus got mad here and there and thought God had forsaken Him on the cross. God is not looking for perfection. God is the only perfection there is.

You want people who have never sinned? OK, Job, Moses, and Melchizedek come to mind.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 02:14
    Originally posted by Varqa
    I tend to agree wit ahosyney. We are told to strive to be like Christ. God would not ask us to do the impossible. Even Jesus got mad here and there and thought God had forsaken Him on the cross. God is not looking for perfection. God is the only perfection there is.

You want people who have never sinned? OK, Job, Moses, and Melchizedek come to mind.
    Moses never sinned? You mean the Moses of the OT who murdered an Egyptian? You mean the one not allowed to enter the promised land because of an act of disobedience to God referred to in Numbers 20:12? You mean that Moses? I am sure that Ahosyney would say that this is not the case because the scriptures have been "corrupted", however, the Bible says what it says.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 02:162 edits
    I didn't expect a different response. Your life style makes it hard for you to believe so. But I don't. I know many who lived their entire life without doing a single thing aganist GOD's will.

You faith is based on the idea of a spoiled man. But I don't believe that GOD will do that. Even the Bible contradict itself about that.
    The Bible says that God is true and every man a liar. Are your grandparents an exception? Have they gone their entire life without telling a lie? Even a seemingly harmless lie?

Interestingly enough, my grandpa seemed to think that he was a "good" person as well. He implied more than once that he did not think he was a sinner. However, I knew of some skeletons in his closet that he either did not think about or did not think them to be sins.

Also, what do you mean when you say that my faith is based upon the idea of a spoiled man?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree