1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 00:39
    This is a book I’d like to order and read. By Grace Alone: Finding Freedom and Purging Legalism from Your Life
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 00:51
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    This is a book I’d like to order and read. By Grace Alone: Finding Freedom and Purging Legalism from Your Life
    You want to read a book about how to disobey the commandments of Christ? Dont waste your money. Read Matt 25, the part about the goats who were cast out of the Kingdom of God. They disobeyed the commandments ... follow their footsteps.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:03
    Fascinating.
    What other books would you like to read?
    Then we can move on to movies you'd like to see.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:031 edit
    Or you could take the money and the reading time needed for the book and use it doing some Sermon On The Mount stuff. Would it restrict your "freedom" and harm your chances of "everlasting life" to do so?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:051 edit
    Derek Prince - a good brother. His messages on Prayer I would recommend to anyone, as well as some of his teaching on spiritual warfare.

Praying for the Government was a very good testimony and teaching.

No nonsense teaching backed with experience of a godly man. A notch above many popular Christian teachers IMO.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Or you could take the money and the reading time needed for the book and use it doing some Sermon On The Mount stuff. Would it restrict your "freedom" and harm your chances of "everlasting life" to do so?
    Great advice .. but then Christians cant be see doing good works, thats trying to earn ones salvation. Jesus would cast them out for that.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:10
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Derek Prince - a good brother. His messages on [b]Prayer I would recommend to anyone, as well as some of his teaching on spiritual warfare.

No nonsense teaching backed with experience of a godly man. A notch above many popular Christian teachers IMO.[/b]
    Praying for the government .. you think it worked ? lol 😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:16
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Great advice .. but then Christians cant be see doing good works, thats trying to earn ones salvation. Jesus would cast them out for that.
    Whoever said Christians shouldn’t do good works? You’re so selfish you think the only time someone should do a good work is if they’re trying to earn their salvation? That if their salvation is secure, they should sit back and do nothing?

Maybe your mindset is rooted in doing good only when there’s something in it for you, but that’s not everyone’s mindset.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:16
    Praying for the Government to do what, for example?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:34
    To be within God’s will?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:461 edit
    Derek Prince - a good brother. His messages on [b]Prayer I would recommend to anyone, as well as some of his teaching on spiritual warfare.

No nonsense teaching backed with experience of a godly man. A notch above many popular Christian teachers IMO.[/b]
    Never once read anything good from you about the teachings of Christ. But here you are speaking so highly of a man who encourages people to not follow the commandments of Christ.

I wonder what Christ will do with people like you. Practice the teeth gnashing thing ... lol
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:48
    Franklin Graham recently came through California. I went to it. Basically praying for our leaders to come to know Christ and have a personal relationship is one thing he talked about. And also for Christians to get into being on school boards.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 01:55
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Never once read anything good from you about the teachings of Christ. But here you are speaking so highly of a man who encourages people to not follow the commandments of Christ.

I wonder what Christ will do with people like you. Practice the teeth gnashing thing ... lol
    You really don’t believe in the Holy Spirit, do you? And you really don’t believe that God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers, do you?

What do you think Paul meant when he wrote these verses in Galatians:

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

(Galatians 5:16-25)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 02:06
    Franklin Graham recently came through California. I went to it. Basically praying for our leaders to come to know Christ and have a personal relationship is one thing he talked about. And also for Christians to get into being on school boards.
    Translate this corporate guff into some examples of policy and action.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 02:11
    Translate this corporate guff into some examples of policy and action.
    Don’t you think that depends on the problems and needs of the individual school districts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree