I got my own problems.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 23:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    I got my own problems.
    If you let things continue this way, before you know it, people will be pawning the gilded edges off their Bibles.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 01:01
    I got my own problems.
    That's what many said as the gold was removed from the fillings of the Jews.

"But when it's yo brotha sometimes you look tha other way." Bruce Springsteen
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 11:55
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If you let things continue this way, before you know it, people will be pawning the gilded edges off their Bibles.
    If I let things continue this way?

I think the only way the market will correct itself is if the government gets out of the way. It's the politicians that are causing the problem.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 11:56
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That's what many said as the gold was removed from the fillings of the Jews.

"But when it's yo brotha sometimes you look tha other way." Bruce Springsteen
    It's not the same thing.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 16:34
    I got my own problems.
    What about the Golden Rule? If things were so bad for you that you had to sell your teeth, wouldn't you want someone to say a prayer?
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 17:15
    What about the Golden Rule? If things were so bad for you that you had to sell your teeth, wouldn't you want someone to say a prayer?
    As our role model, perhaps you could start us off by writing an appropriate prayer for the occasion.
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 18:01
    I have had a vision of yet another large financial institution going belly up as of early this Friday evening, after the news cycle. Might turn into a weekly event, who knows?
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 21:14
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    As our role model, perhaps you could start us off by writing an appropriate prayer for the occasion.
    Could whoever prayed for the market today please publish your prayer?

NASDAQ up 3%
    BWA up 6%

That's what I'm talking about.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 00:241 edit
    Could whoever prayed for the market today please publish your prayer?

NASDAQ up 3%
    BWA up 6%

That's what I'm talking about.
    Lord, verily I beseech thy interventions. But first I must confess my sins. Too often I have gazed mindlessly at the Money Honey, Marie Bartiroma and lost all perspective that I should be praying for money instead of preying on "honey." God, forgive me. Now on to money, Lord. Your word tells us that you love a cheerful giver. Well, there ain't a whole lot of cheer for this here brother. I need money. It ain't that I want money. I need money. Can you help me so as I may one day look upon my 401K as green pastures and that I may dwell in the house and not a shack of the Lord all the days of my living? If you could drop the price of oil too that would be greatly appreciated. Dear Lord, let the barrrels overflow just like the cups in your sacred word. And finally, Lord, if any of this should put a smile on the face of Marie Bartiromo, I will consider it a blessing from you. Amen. And please bless the BWA clan. Amen.

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2007/07/06/amd_rush_bartiromo.jpg
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:11
    Lord, verily I beseech thy interventions. But first I must confess my sins. Too often I have gazed mindlessly at the Money Honey, Marie Bartiroma and lost all perspective that I should be praying for money instead of preying on "honey." God, forgive me. Now on to money, Lord. Your word tells us that you love a cheerful giver. Well, there ain't a who ...[text shortened]... ess the BWA clan. Amen.

Rev, that is one hell of a prayer.

NASDAQ up 1.2%
    BWA up 7.5%

You make it look so easy.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 11:19
    Rev, that is one hell of a prayer.

NASDAQ up 1.2%
    BWA up 7.5%

You make it look so easy.
    The Word tells us to look long term.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 11:551 edit
    Lord, verily I beseech thy interventions. But first I must confess my sins. Too often I have gazed mindlessly at the Money Honey, Marie Bartiroma and lost all perspective that I should be praying for money instead of preying on "honey." God, forgive me. Now on to money, Lord. Your word tells us that you love a cheerful giver. Well, there ain't a who ess the BWA clan. Amen.

In the old testament, when Jacob wrestled with God by the river, God would not bless jacob until his resources and energies were spent. If you remeber, he sent a peace offering to Esau, then sent his family, all of his goods, and wordly wealth across the Jabbock fording, then after wrestling with the Lord (or angel depending on interpretation), just before dawn, his hip is dislocated, yet he stubbornly holds on, and has the audacity to demand a blessing. Instead, he is given a new name, Israel; meaning one who strives (struggles or quarrels) with God. He is finally blessed, but not until he is completely at the mercy of the world, and of God. Jacob was a trickster, and quite the cunning trader. He had survived this long by his wits, and the love and generousity of his parents. But at this point he is helpless, and he, like we, must stand humbled and helpless before God before we shall recieve his blessings.

I like your take: "Well, there ain't a whole lot of cheer for this here brother. I need money. It ain't that I want money. I need money. Can you help me so as I may one day look upon my 401K as green pastures and that I may dwell in the house and not a shack of the Lord all the days of my living? " It reminded me of that passage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree