1. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 01:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What "threats" or "intimidation" do you feel are possible and/or effective on an internet forum? Would someone supporting others being thrown off a forum for the content of their posts be "bullying" someone in your view?
    You keep up that tone, Mister, and I may very well use your avatar without permission.

You have been warned.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 01:363 edits
    Rude is to a certain extent in the eye of the beholder; someone who constantly avoids serious discussion by refusal to answer questions aimed at fleshing out their position is being just as rude in the context of an intellectual discussion as someone who calls them a "parrot" for doing so. In any event, where someone tries to deliberately take the disc ...[text shortened]... racter traits of someone making an argument has nothing to do with the validity of the argument.
    Marauder: "In any event, where someone tries to deliberately take the discussion away from the issue being discussed to a tiresome litany of their charges against certain individuals they are commiting an Argument Ad Hominem; the personal character traits of someone making an argument has nothing to do with the validity of the argument."

You sure have a way of saying things marauder.

Marauder's shadow: "Hey .... if you have the audacity to adress me abusing, bullying, manipulating and verbally attacking my wife, I will accuse you of deliberately taking away the discussion from the issue being discussed to a tiresome litany of charges against me. I will accuse you of committing an Argumentum Ad Hominem. Me abusing, degrading, bullying, manipulating and attacking my wife is a personal character trait of mine and has nothing to do with the validity of the argument I'm making ....... "

The more one is cornered, the more one has to take refuge in manipulative debating techniques in order to conceal the truth ..... even up to the point when it becomes utterly ridiculous.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:17
    From your definitions, I deduce that you find it objectionable for someone to use skillful methods of convincing other people that their position is correct. Would it be less objectionable if my methods weren't skillful? Is poor argument technique required on internet forums?
    marauder: "From your definitions, I deduce that you find it objectionable for someone to use skillful methods of convincing other people that their position is correct."

You don't have to convince me with skillful methods that my position is correct.

However ...... I know what you are trying to say. I try to understand you and not take things too literally. At least I hope so ...... So my, and this time serious, answer is that you are clearly and purposely trying (ha ha ha, trying .... ) to miss the point. Yet again a manipulative debating technique, don't you agree ? .... or is the situation such that you lack the intellectual capacities to understand the things I am saying. In the latter case you are excused.

marauder: Would it be less objectionable if my methods weren't skillful?

If you weren't that "skillful" at insulting, bullying and manipulating it would be far less necessary to adress your actions. I admit that your insulting and manipulative skills are such that they need to be adressed. You are very good at it, Marauder ! ...

marauder: "Is poor argument technique required on internet forums?"

You keep insisting on missing the point. Deliberately missing the point over and over again is a manipulative debating technique aimed at concealing the truth.

Besides, this is a very educating variation of the ["Why don't you stop beating your wife" question]- technique, also a manipulative debating technique.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:233 edits
    What "threats" or "intimidation" do you feel are possible and/or effective on an internet forum? Would someone supporting others being thrown off a forum for the content of their posts be "bullying" someone in your view? Would someone lobbying others to alert the moderators on someone's posts be "bullying" in your view?
    marauder: "What "threats" or "intimidation" do you feel are possible and/or effective on an internet forum?

You tell me, you're the expert in these "skillful methods". Are your "skillful methods" effective ? What do you think, marauder ?

marauder: "Would someone supporting others being thrown off a forum for the content of their posts be "bullying" someone in your view? Would someone lobbying others to alert the moderators on someone's posts be "bullying" in your view?

No.

edit: The last question in this post is again a question with a subtly in-built assumption, a concealed accusation this time. Again a Manipulative Debating Technique. The reaction DoctorScribbles gives shows this very clearly. "Figures", is the Doctor's comment. It sure does !
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:283 edits
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    In the "Suicide on 9/11 - Damned?" thread I posted the following:

Marauder: "No, Ivanhoe, you are committing a logical fallacy; people's intentions are not relevant to their argument."

It all depends. What is your argument in this thread ? ... and what is your accompanying reasoning ?

Marauder: "Application o ...[text shortened]... therefore I am most willing to hear from you what these "incorrect premises and untruths" are.
    "["What are these incorrect premises and untruths you are referring to ?

As you know I am interested in the truth, therefore I am most willing to hear from you what these "incorrect premises and untruths" are.]"

Again, could you please elaborate on these "incorrect premises and untruths" on my part and please tell me what kind of premises and untruths you are referring to .....

Edit: .... and please don't claim that you are the one who answers all the questions ..... far from ! You are an expert in accusing people of the kind of actions you yourself engage in. Again an MDT aimed at concealing the actual truth.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:291 edit

[b]marauder: "Would someone supporting others being thrown off a forum for the content of their posts be "bullying" someone in your view? Would someone lobbying others to alert the moderators on someone's posts be "bullying" in your view?

ivanhoe: No.[/b]
    LMAO. Figures.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:291 edit
    [b]marauder: "What "threats" or "intimidation" do you feel are possible and/or effective on an internet forum?

You tell me, you're the expert in these "skillful methods". Are your "skillful methods" effective ? What do you think, marauder ?

marauder: "Would someone supporting others being thrown off a forum for the content of their ...[text shortened]... ying others to alert the moderators on someone's posts be "bullying" in your view?

No.[/b]
    I think that until you actually define what you are objecting to, this thread is just another example of one of your whiny personal attack threads. As such, it's a waste of mine, and the few other people who have bothered to try to get you to say something here that is substantive, time. If all you want to do is whine and cry about how other people express themselves here, have fun - the thread's all yours, so you may engage in your version of mental Onanism to your heart's content.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:51
    I think that until you actually define what you are objecting to, this thread is just another example of one of your whiny personal attack threads. As such, it's a waste of mine, and the few other people who have bothered to try to get you to say something here that is substantive, time. If all you want to do is whine and cry about how other people expr ...[text shortened]... read's all yours, so you may engage in your version of mental Onanism to your heart's content.
    I will repeat the first part of my post in which I answered your question about defining things:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Watch carefully marauder, because here the manipulation, on your part, starts.

-First you adress the well-known "definition" questions.

I wonder how long you will be able to adress this issue without substantially adressing my criticism concerning your manipulative debating techniques . When will the explanation of what I mean be satisfying and clear to you ? We will soon find out.

Here goes: (I start defining things) .... etc etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

.... and you return to the question in trying to evade and conceal the truth. Give it up, Marauder. Stop insulting, degrading, bullying and manipulating people. You know how to reason in a "reasonable" way. You do not need those "skillful methods" if you are on a quest to find the truth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

.... and of course you say goodbye throwing yet another insulting remark in my direction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree