1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 11:384 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    We get this question all the time in here. (Well, questions similar to this.)

The laws laid down in the Torah, specifically Numbers, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, all form the Mosaic Law, since these were handed down from God by Moses, whom they called the Lawgiver.

It is made clear in the NT that these laws only still apply to Jews. They do not ap ...[text shortened]... thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:36-40, KJV
    So it is finally clear, Christians get to cherry pick what they believe in the bible. I thought the bible was the ultimate source of morality and infallible.

How can there be an infallible bible and yet half of it is ignored by Christians?

If it is ignorable by Christians, why do you call it the bible? Why not just use the NT and get it over with?

Apparently you can believe stuff like Genesis but the others, optional.

So why doesn't some enterprising young Christian just X out those nasty books that talks about not letting bastards in and killing homo's or saying women are worth 30 shekels and man 50, just cut out those books and be done with it?

I mean, it is obvious nobody follows those books and nobody believes in them any more so how infallible can the bible be?

If you can cut out those books, why can't other sects cut out other sections and call the result THEIR bible?

What would be wrong with that?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 13:45
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    "No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord, not even in the tenth generation." - NIV

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." - KJV

Why are illegitimate children, and their children for 10 g ...[text shortened]... Christian here follow this rule, and if not, why not? Should Christian orphanages be abolished?
    old testament
    no longer used.

except in science, to support a young earth.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 13:57
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    "A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." - KJV

[/b]
    I suppose this is why we have atheism. I mean, if they can't enter the congregation of the Lord then what is the point? 😛
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 14:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So it is finally clear, Christians get to cherry pick what they believe in the bible. I thought the bible was the ultimate source of morality and infallible.

How can there be an infallible bible and yet half of it is ignored by Christians?

If it is ignorable by Christians, why do you call it the bible? Why not just use the NT and get it over with?

...[text shortened]... sects cut out other sections and call the result THEIR bible?

If you got all this from what I posted, you have quite an imagination.

And yeah, that's the polite way to put it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 16:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse

...[text shortened]... sects cut out other sections and call the result THEIR bible?

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

(Matthew 5:17-20 NKJV)

“The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail."

(Luke 16:16-17 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 16:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you got all this from what I posted, you have quite an imagination.

And yeah, that's the polite way to put it.
    So what do you in your rational call it? I call it cherry picking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree