1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 12:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Watchtower must be influenced by Satan for them to put out so much
    wrong information about Christ and Christianity. They certainly have no
    right to claim they are Christians. They are Jehovah's Witnesses. But who
    really is this Jehovah character they are trying to witness to. Is it perhaps
    Satan in another one of his disguises?
    yawn
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 12:221 edit
    Does that make you feel good and all puffed up and proud of yourself as you go
    through the motions as a pretender?
    i could always sit in my armchair and pretend that i preach the Good News of Gods
    kingdom like you, would that be better. I could have no public ministry, no works and a
    rafter the size of a railway sleeper in my eye just like you, the truth of the matter is
    RJH, you've more plastic in you than ICI.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 14:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i could always sit in my armchair and pretend that i preach the Good News of Gods
    kingdom like you, would that be better. I could have no public ministry, no works and a
    rafter the size of a railway sleeper in my eye just like you, the truth of the matter is
    He he he HalleluYah !!!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 22:33
    dude your back, we had the annual observance of the lords evening meal last night,
    was awesome, 105,000 congregations worldwide celebrating the event, together with
    friends, pity you weren't there, oh well, you know that the ol church fathers changed
    the Sabbath because of their anti Semitism, I have provided references in the past,
    you know i ...[text shortened]... ter the manner of the Christ,
    on the day of the passover, an annual event, you know its true.
    You provided references to the issue of Quartodecimanism, concerning the date of the commemoration of the Lord's death and resurrection, not the celebration of Eucharist. Basically you fail to distinguish a liturgical rite from a feast day.

I will also add that you and your organisation, along with a few other fringe sects, is alone on this point. The weight of consensus is clearly on my side. You have never produced a single scholar supporting your view.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 23:00
    ICI reference on a religion forum, nice!!!

c'mon boro!!!!!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 16:53
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    You provided references to the issue of Quartodecimanism, concerning the date of the commemoration of the Lord's death and resurrection, not the celebration of Eucharist. Basically you fail to distinguish a liturgical rite from a feast day.

I will also add that you and your organisation, along with a few other fringe sects, is alone on this point. The w ...[text shortened]... consensus is clearly on my side. You have never produced a single scholar supporting your view.
    we follow the example of the Christ who instituted the memorial celebration on the
    annual feast of the passover, we dont need no scholars telling us what we can and
    cannot do, we have read the Bible and used our own discernment. We are awesome.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    ICI reference on a religion forum, nice!!!

c'mon boro!!!!!
    Lol, im not sure of the connection, but there must be some 🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 17:49
    Lol, im not sure of the connection, but there must be some 🙂
    No connection. I never heard of him.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 17:53
    No connection. I never heard of him.
    its a chemical company that made plastics, like you!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 18:05
    its a chemical company that made plastics, like you!
    I thought JWs still believe all mankind is a direct result of God's creation.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 18:08
    I thought JWs still believe all mankind is a direct result of God's creation.
    we do, with the exception of Satan and you.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 18:50
    we do, with the exception of Satan and you.
    Ha ha ha good joke. 😀
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 22:13
    we follow the example of the Christ who instituted the memorial celebration on the
    annual feast of the passover, we dont need no scholars telling us what we can and
    cannot do, we have read the Bible and used our own discernment. We are awesome.
    I do not disagree that the early church changed its feast day of the Pascha from the date of the Jewish passover. What I disagree with is your claim that the celebration of the Lord's supper, what modern Christians understand as Communion or Eucharist, should be reserved to this date. There is no scriptural or historical evidence for this. We have been through this before. I am not interested in pursuing again.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 22:391 edit
    I do not disagree that the early church changed its feast day of the Pascha from the date of the Jewish passover. What I disagree with is your claim that the celebration of the Lord's supper, what modern Christians understand as Communion or Eucharist, should be reserved to this date. There is no scriptural or historical evidence for this. We have been through this before. I am not interested in pursuing again.
    I dont care when you think it was, we follow the pattern and the example set by Christ
    in scripture, if it was good enough for the son of God, its good enough for us.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 23:38
    Most Christian Churches that were established by Paul were made up of
    Greeks and other people referred to as Gentiles. These people were not
    required to be circumcised or to obey the laws of Moses. They celebrated
    the Lord's last supper, but as far as I know a real Passover, including the
    sacrifice of a lamb, has not been done by even the Jews since the temple
    was destroyed in 70 A.D. I could be wrong about that, but to Christians
    the Lamb is Jesus and He sacrificed Himself once and for all times on
    Wednesday, 25 April 31 A.D. Julian. I know most people would think this
    date is a month too late. But it has been calculated out and it was at the
    time of the Passover. The calendar the Jews use today is in error, but I
    will not go into that. Many Christian Churches celebrate the Lord's Supper
    many times each year. So it is not really the same as the Jewish Passover.
    As Christians we have no need for that since we have the true Lamb, the
    Lord Jesus the Christ. We can celebrate the Lord's last supper as a type of
    Passover of our sins as often as we wish until Christ, Himself, celebrates it
    with us all in His Kingdom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree