1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 00:15
    For that matter does God have a belly button? It stands to reason that if we were created in Gods own image He'd have a belly button, as would Adam and Eve. Its possible that they were only given belly buttons after expulsion from the Garden of Eden as punishment. I say this as I recently discovered that your belly button can go rotten if you don't pay constant attention to it... but really, who thinks about their belly button very often... still it is imperative that while in the shower you give it a little twiddle with some soap now and again or you'll end up with a stinky belly button... if you already have a stinky belly button, do not use that stuff that cleans your pores on your face to scrub it out as this will redden and inflame the wrath of the belly button... belly buttons are proof that God hates us... OK back to it then.
  2. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 00:39
    well, they wouldn't really need belly buttons, would they? In today's world the belly button is good for nothing except piercing. It was just that the children of Eve, who would have been banished by then, began the custom.

Go figure.
  3. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 00:57
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    For that matter does God have a belly button? It stands to reason that if we were created in Gods own image He'd have a belly button, as would Adam and Eve. Its possible that they were only given belly buttons after expulsion from the Garden of Eden as punishment. I say this as I recently discovered that your belly button can go rotten if you don ...[text shortened]... he wrath of the belly button... belly buttons are proof that God hates us... OK back to it then.
    I don't think God has a belly-button, Inny or Outy. Don't believe Adam or Eve existed either.

Neither do I believe that God created man in His own image. I mean c'mon, there He is, in the great Hereafter (Herebefore?), outside of time, twizzling his nasal hairs, scratching his piles and contemplating His navel (?) before deciding to create the Universe? 😴

I don't believe God has a physical image at all. But I do think we have a tendency to anthrop... anthroporph... anthropomise... anthromorphise.... anthropomorphise (hoorah!) Him far too much.

Belly button indeed. I suppose it would give Him somewhere to keep all His spare fluff, mind.

Or maybe that's why He created the RHP Spirituality forum... 😵
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 01:34
    For that matter does God have a belly button? It stands to reason that if we were created in Gods own image He'd have a belly button, as would Adam and Eve. Its possible that they were only given belly buttons after expulsion from the Garden of Eden as punishment. I say this as I recently discovered that your belly button can go rotten if you don ...[text shortened]... he wrath of the belly button... belly buttons are proof that God hates us... OK back to it then.
    I may be wrong, But IMO when God said he created man in his Image, I think he talking about Spiritual Image, (Soul), Am I wrong?
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I may be wrong, But IMO when God said he created man in his Image, I think he talking about Spiritual Image, (Soul), Am I wrong?
    Well I think that's just about the only interpretation I can think of that makes any kind of sense.

But in my own upbringing, I've always been led to believe that we were created in God's "physical" image (Infant's School, Church, Sunday School, RE Classes, etc). Which I think is a load of old pants. Why did/does God need a penis? Or eye-brows? Or a liver? Or ear-wax?

Maybe God had no idea what "Man" would look like when he created the physical laws that govern the Universe, and set the Universe and Time in motion. He just pulled the trigger and sat and waited, knowing that he'd created just the right combination of protons, neutrons, and electrons, with all the physical constants finely balanced so that somewhere, a planet would form capable of sustaining life: that life would form as a natural consequence, evolution would take hold, and ultimately a creature with a soul, not completely unlike His, would form.

Sorry, I'm going off-topic again.

Adam - no belly button.

Eve - no belly button. (Neither existed).

God - no belly button. (No physical form).

Me - inny. With a propensity for storing blue fluff, even when I dress in non-blue clothing for days on end.... spooky.
  6. England
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 11:39
    if it had been any use we would have been born with it.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 13:19
    Originally posted by stoker
    if it had been any use we would have been born with it.
    What?! You don't have one?

As a small child I used the ol' inny to store things of vital importance like crayon bits, rubber tires off toy cars, marbles or bits of foam pulled out of the couch. My mother dispproved of me trying to store them up my nose almost as much as she disapproved of me pulling foam out of the couch.

By the way, speaking of useless things, I recntly got in an arguement with an associate over the use of the dangly thing in the back of your throat. Obviously that was a cunning stroke of engineering genious on the part of God.
  8. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 14:07
    What?! You don't have one?

As a small child I used the ol' inny to store things of vital importance like crayon bits, rubber tires off toy cars, marbles or bits of foam pulled out of the couch. My mother dispproved of me trying to store them up my nose almost as much as she disapproved of me pulling foam out of the couch.

By the way, speaking ...[text shortened]... of your throat. Obviously that was a cunning stroke of engineering genious on the part of God.
    I believe it helps trigger the swallow reflex.

RTh
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 14:09
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    I believe it helps trigger the swallow reflex.

RTh
    How about the appendix, surely it could have been phased out more effectively.
  10. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 14:47
    How about the appendix, surely it could have been phased out more effectively.
    I dunno, I use mine to compact undigested meat and corn.
  11. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '05 05:08
    Adam and Eve; probably yes (if only so their kids wouldn't feel odd)
    God; No

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree