13 Jun '05 22:52
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I suppose your dying to know
    when i die i ll know? ha
  4. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 14:26
    Shall we have a vote....
    who reckons they did have belly buttons?
  5. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 14:39
    Well, the question assumes an Adam and Eve created by God, yes? Just making that clear, because lots of your readers won't agree with that.

But, GIVEN that, I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.
  6. Standard membermaybeONEday
    Official Bitch
    US of A
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 15:46
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Well, the question assumes an Adam and Eve created by God, yes? Just making that clear, because lots of your readers won't agree with that.

But, GIVEN that, I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.
    Agreed.
  7. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 15:50

Wouldnt their kids think they were freaks. lol
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 16:40

According to the Bible, God has all sorts of human body parts: hands, feet, eyes, ears, heart, lungs, mouth. and nose.

So does God also have a belly button?

Otherwise, yeah, I'd say that Adam and Eve have no belly button. Notice I say have since to me these are just literary figures and so they continue to be in the present.

Also do xtians believe that we have as many ribs as Adam has before or after one is taken to make Eve?
  9. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 02:14

Of course, Adam and Eve had belly buttons....that's were God pokes you to see if you are done!

😉
  10. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 07:33
    Originally posted by Aynat
    Of course, Adam and Eve had belly buttons....that's were God pokes you to see if you are done!

😉
    Ha Ha. nice thought. like a well baked loaf of bread
  11. Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 08:03

I would say no, they didn't have belly buttons. There's no reason to have them, because they weren't ever babies inside a womb.
    how do you know this? it never said how Adam was created (a side from being from dust).
  12. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 09:42
    Originally posted by telerion
    According to the Bible, God has all sorts of human body parts: hands, feet, eyes, ears, heart, lungs, mouth. and nose.

So does God also have a belly button?

Otherwise, yeah, I'd say that Adam and Eve have no belly button. Notice I say have since to me these are just literary figures and so they continue to be in the present.

Also do xtians believe that we have as many ribs as Adam has before or after one is taken to make Eve?
    Yes, He was born of the virgin Mary, so yes, he does have a belly button.

Una
  13. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 09:58
    Originally posted by Una

Una
    we were talkin about adam and eve werent we? did they come out of mary too? now im lost...
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 02:07
    Originally posted by Una

Una
    So does God have an umbelical cord in Gen, or does he acquire one in the NT?
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 02:08
    Originally posted by dale21
    we were talkin about adam and eve werent we? did they come out of mary too? now im lost...
    One would have to wonder why Adam or Eve would have an umbelical cord.

Are we just ironing out a theological wrinkle?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree