1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    03 Nov '08 17:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Doesn't it take balls to disobey an infinitely powerful and wrathful God?
    A man defying a judge jury and executioner is not wise nor is he brave. He is a fool.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 16:34
    Originally posted by gambit3
    A man defying a judge jury and executioner is not wise nor is he brave. He is a fool.
    Fools thread where angels dare not.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 06:07
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Was Adam created with a full reproductive anatomy? If so, and if Eve was created as an afterthought in response to Adam's loneliness, what was the original purpose of all that equipment?
    YouTube
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 10:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why do you need to be stronger than chimps? do you need to be swinging from tree to tree to get to work? does that work involve brute force and if so are you unable to come up with a crane?

there is a reason god made us like this, so we compensate by evolving brains. so actually god did quite ok.

and if god doesn't exist, we simply made ourselves like this, by using spears and out surviving other versions of hummies.
    …...why do you NEED to be stronger than chimps? do you need to be swinging from tree to tree to get to work? does that work involve brute force and if so are you unable to come up with a crane? ..…(my emphasis)

sonhouse was not implying that we “NEED” to be stronger than chimps but, rather, we would merely be better off if our muscles were at least as strong as those of a chimp.
    So why would god give humans, for example, inferior muscles or inferior retinas etc? -your answer was:

…there is a reason god made us like this, so we compensate by evolving brains. so actually god did quite ok. ...…

But that doesn’t make much sense:
    so god gave us, for example, inferior muscles, so we compensate by evolving brains?
    -that implies that god directly gave as muscles (rather than evolution) but did NOT directly give us big brains (because he allowed evolution to do just that part)
    -so if he wanted us to have big brains, why would he do it that way?
    -I mean, if he directly gave as muscles then it logically must follow that it must have been in his power to give us muscles -so, surely, if that is true, it would be also in his power to directly give us big brains?
    -and thus he could simply dispense with the messy haphazard and lengthy (millions of years) evolution process to give us the big brains and simply just give us the big brains directly himself.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 13:19
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…...why do you NEED to be stronger than chimps? do you need to be swinging from tree to tree to get to work? does that work involve brute force and if so are you unable to come up with a crane? ..…(my emphasis)

sonhouse was not implying that we “NEED” to be stronger than chimps but, rather, we would merely be better off if our muscles were ...[text shortened]... ution process to give us the big brains and simply just give us the big brains directly himself.[/b]
    why didn't he give us directly fusion power and flying cars?

yes we would be better off being as strong as chimps. in fact we would be better off if we were stronger. and had super powers. like the x-men. i want ice powers myself. and flying. would be wicked cool. but since my ancestors didn't have these powers, they invented planes and refrigerators. so i got my ice and lemonade and with some more money i could buy a plane ticket.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree