Did Adam Have Balls?

Did Adam Have Balls?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
21 Oct 08

Was Adam created with a full reproductive anatomy? If so, and if Eve was created as an afterthought in response to Adam's loneliness, what was the original purpose of all that equipment?

Illinois

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Was Adam created with a full reproductive anatomy? If so, and if Eve was created as an afterthought in response to Adam's loneliness, what was the original purpose of all that equipment?
I doubt that Eve was created as an afterthought.

In the OT Jehovah is often presented as a fiery old man prone to wild fits of rage, often in need of cooler heads for counsel, and at times only dimly aware of the goings on of his creation. I'd sooner attribute these characterizations to the anthropomorphism of the OT writers than assume for a moment that God ever ceased being omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas

In the OT Jehovah is often presented as a fiery old man prone to wild fits of rage, often in need of cooler heads for counsel, and at times only dimly aware of the goings on of his creation. I'd sooner attribute these characterizations to the anthropomorphism of the OT writers than assume for a moment that God ever ceased being omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent.
Well just imagine the scene where some god had nothing better to do with its life than to create a universe (in less than 10,000 years no less) and to have in this huge universe of billions of galaxies just like our milky way, one planet where the entire effort of evolution is directed cell by cell (an omnicient god would know every quark in every atom of every molecule of every cell of every lifeform on earth from the first one to the present time) and species offed every now and again, new species directed to come into existance, typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes, vocanoes directed to cause havoc on cue, all so the world would end up with this god's idea of the pinnacle of creation, mankind. When you put it like that, doesn't it make the whole tale a bit on the preposterous? Imagine, humans thinking they have their very own slave god who arranged things just so humans would come about even though we have inferior eyes to many other animals, even though we have been given muscles one tenth as strong as our nearest living relative, chimps, and so forth. Yet we are supposed to be the very reason this god created the 'heavens and the earth'. What a load of crock. The biggest scam in 5,000 years.

Z

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas

he cannot be omnipotent

Z

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well just imagine the scene where some god had nothing better to do with its life than to create a universe (in less than 10,000 years no less) and to have in this huge universe of billions of galaxies just like our milky way, one planet where the entire effort of evolution is directed cell by cell (an omnicient god would know every quark in every atom of e ...[text shortened]... created the 'heavens and the earth'. What a load of crock. The biggest scam in 5,000 years.
why do you need to be stronger than chimps? do you need to be swinging from tree to tree to get to work? does that work involve brute force and if so are you unable to come up with a crane?

there is a reason god made us like this, so we compensate by evolving brains. so actually god did quite ok.

and if god doesn't exist, we simply made ourselves like this, by using spears and out surviving other versions of hummies.

Z

Moves
21 Oct 08

since adam is just a metaphor, what is the point in discussing the specific anatomical aspects? did he had a bellybutton, did he had genetic diseases, if he never had parents can he be called an orphan? etc.

how about we discuss the philosophy of adam and eve and discuss medical terms concerning persons that actually existed.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
since adam is just a metaphor, what is the point in discussing the specific anatomical aspects?
Well, I guess he was hoping to convince those who think Adam actually existed that it doesn't make much sense.

Why don't you start another thread on Adam as a metaphor. I would love to know what the metaphor actually means, because every time I have read genesis, it always seems that it is an attempt to cover up fundamental problems with theism, not by explaining them but by giving people the warm fuzzy feeling that there is a metaphor that explains it all. The fact that the metaphor doesn't explain anything doesn't seem to matter to most people.

Its turtles all the way down.

Z

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well, I guess he was hoping to convince those who think Adam actually existed that it doesn't make much sense.

Why don't you start another thread on Adam as a metaphor. I would love to know what the metaphor actually means, because every time I have read genesis, it always seems that it is an attempt to cover up fundamental problems with theism, not by ...[text shortened]... n't explain anything doesn't seem to matter to most people.

Its turtles all the way down.
will do, but you have to go into the site ideas forum and vote on replacing spirituality with a philosophy thread.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
23 Oct 08

HA! Excellent thread title. The obvious answer is that with God being omnipotent, he surely would have foreseen the need for Adam to teabag Eve. Hence, Adam most certainly had balls.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Oct 08

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
HA! Excellent thread title. The obvious answer is that with God being omnipotent, he surely would have foreseen the need for Adam to teabag Eve. Hence, Adam most certainly had balls.
'Omniscient', not 'omnipotent'.

Moves
23 Oct 08

Eve was created as an afterthought, so to speak, in the second creation story, not the first. I'll go with the first one.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Oct 08
2 edits

Well if Adam was made in Gods image, he could hardly be an impotent image of an omnipotent God.

One also wonders, if the whole loneliness and male / female thing was an afterthought, then were all the animals initially once off males? And the plants too? I can just imagine a malaria parasite swimming through Adams blood and God going 'doesn't he look lonely, let me make a few more'.
Which brings me to the next question, on which day did God create gonorrhea?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
23 Oct 08

Originally posted by rwingett
'Omniscient', not 'omnipotent'.
Blow it out your ass Sparky.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
23 Oct 08

Originally posted by Badwater
Eve was created as an afterthought, so to speak, in the second creation story, not the first. I'll go with the first one.
Do you go with the first Testament or the second one?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Oct 08

X: a representation of an abstract or spiritual meaning through concrete or material forms; figurative treatment of one subject under the guise of another.

What is X?