Did anyone watch nightline?

Did anyone watch nightline?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 May 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
RB, how would you go about witnessing to her? I bet she would be impressed with your car.
Remember how I said that Vipers or Corvettes would be cool cars to have? Well in 1996 I went to the great mall of the bay, it use to be a Ford factory. They had a model of a Ford GT 90, that is the car that I would want. The Childrens hospital had a drawing for one last year for 3 dollars a ticket but I didn't get drawn.

R

California

Moves
11 May 07
1 edit

In the audience questions part 4:45 minutes into that part the black man ask a very good question.

P

Moves
11 May 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
In the audience questions part 4:45 minutes into that part the black man ask a very good question.
It will take me a while to get to that part, I just watched the intro last night.

What was the "very good question"?

--- Penguin.

R

California

Moves
11 May 07

Originally posted by Penguin
It will take me a while to get to that part, I just watched the intro last night.

What was the "very good question"?

--- Penguin.
He asked something about the American Indains and all the otehrs that have never heard of Christ. What will happen to them?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 May 07

...The Childrens hospital had a drawing for one last year for 3 dollars a ticket but I didn't get drawn.
Do you think you would have been drawn if your faith had been stronger, or if you had said a few more prayers? Or do you think these type of drawings are determined by random chance?

P

Moves
11 May 07

He asked something about the American Indains and all the otehrs that have never heard of Christ. What will happen to them?
Yes indeed.

Also, what happens to all the people who died before Christ was born? Is it only the jews that get saved? If so, what about jews now? If they don't get saved but jews from before Christ did, there must have been a cut-off date when God ceased supporting them. I suppose there would have been a period where you coould get a 'Free Upgrade To The One True Religion Version 2'. A bit like Microsoft in many respects.

R

California

Moves
11 May 07

Yes indeed.

Also, what happens to all the people who died before Christ was born? Is it only the jews that get saved? If so, what about jews now? If they don't get saved but jews from before Christ did, there must have been a cut-off date when God ceased supporting them. I suppose there would have been a period where you coould get a 'Free Upgrade To The One True Religion Version 2'. A bit like Microsoft in many respects.
It was the same why as it is now. It has always been by faith. The Jews that were saved back then had faith in God's comming savior.

P

Moves
11 May 07

It was the same why as it is now. It has always been by faith. The Jews that were saved back then had faith in God's comming savior.
Ah, I see.

When was this saviour prophesised? Unless Adam & Eve were told of the saviour when they were kicked out of Eden, there would have been a period when people would not have known of the requirement to have faith in him. Is faith in a prophesised saviour an intrinsic part of the Jewish religion? Such an important requirement surely would have made its way into the core of the Jewish faith so every Jew would have faith in a coming saviour. Presumably, after Christ, those jews who believed him to be the saviour would be the Christians and the rest would still be jews waiting for and having faith in a saviour they felt had yet to arrive.

Does that make sense? I had no sleep last night and I'm a little tired.

--- Penguin.

BM

RDU NC

Moves
11 May 07

Ah, I see.

When was this saviour prophesised? Unless Adam & Eve were told of the saviour when they were kicked out of Eden, there would have been a period when people would not have known of the requirement to have faith in him. Is faith in a prophesised saviour an intrinsic part of the Jewish religion? Such an important requirement surely would have made ...[text shortened]... ive.

--- Penguin.
The first such prophesy is considered by many to be in Genesis 3. "The Seed (offspring - Jesus) of the woman will crush the head of the serpent (sin, Satan, death). As with most prophesy, it would require interpretation.

The Patriarchs and prophets all looked forward to the "Day of the LORD" and "The Kingdom of God." Again, many would say that is the time when Jesus came. He said, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand."
There were also groups of Jews in the Intertestamental Time that believed in a coming Messiah. Some thought he'd come as a military ruler to deliver them from the various ruling kingdoms, especially the Romans around the time of Jesus. There were others that expected him to come as a king. And there were still others who did not expect a Messiah to come at all. The first two took the Hebrew Scripture literally. The latter group considered the scriptures to be good for learning from but not actual events, especially the issues concerning the Messiah or even God's personal involvement in the world.

R

California

Moves
11 May 07

Ah, I see.

When was this saviour prophesised? Unless Adam & Eve were told of the saviour when they were kicked out of Eden, there would have been a period when people would not have known of the requirement to have faith in him. Is faith in a prophesised saviour an intrinsic part of the Jewish religion? Such an important requirement surely would have made ...[text shortened]... ive.

--- Penguin.
They were you read of it in Genesis 3.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 May 07

Speakin of black men, if I had been on the side of the atheists I would have said to the moderator who also happened to interview Michael Jackson one time, "I can prove there is no God. How the hell can a just God allow Michael Jackson to be acquitted of molestin boyz when the fool nigga shows up in the trial wearing his damn pajamas."

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
12 May 07

Speakin of black men, if I had been on the side of the atheists I would have said to the moderator who also happened to interview Michael Jackson one time, "I can prove there is no God. How the hell can a just God allow Michael Jackson to be acquitted of molestin boyz when the fool nigga shows up in the trial wearing his damn pajamas."
Reverend, you and I need a TV show. We would moderate some real debates and finally get to the heart of some issues.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 May 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Reverend, you and I need a TV show. We would moderate some real debates and finally get to the heart of some issues.
Damn right! My first guest would be Tammy Faye Baker. I would offer her a chance to have sex wit a black man before she died. Of course it might be hard to find a black man that would want to have sex with her, but when the Lord calls you you have to give it your best.

R

California

Moves
12 May 07
1 edit

He was found inocent so that the blacks would not riot.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 May 07

He was found inocent so that the blacks would not riot.
Kinda like Barrabas.