1. Standard memberknersis21
    Wanna spoon
    Location, Location
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 15:13
    I read a book about a month ago called (and I guess everybody around here knows it) "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown.
    It's a fictional book but states that some of the content is true.

So what do you think?

Did Jesus get married?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 15:24
    Originally posted by knersis21
    I read a book about a month ago called (and I guess everybody around here knows it) "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown.

So what do you think?

Did Jesus get married?
    If I had to base my hypothesis on the accuracy of The DaVinci Code then I would say 'No'.
  3. Joined
    10 Jun '03
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 15:53
    I would like to know the origins of the Da Vinci Code. I haven't really paid attention to the matter.
  4. Standard memberknersis21
    Wanna spoon
    Location, Location
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 19:58
    Originally posted by Langtree
    I would like to know the origins of the Da Vinci Code. I haven't really paid attention to the matter.
    The book is stating that there is a secret society (The Knights Templer) that protects secret documents pertaining to the Holy grail and Jesus' mariage. That the grail is not a cup filled with Jesus' blood but acctualy the mother of his own children. The cup (a womb) that carries Jesus' blood.
  5. Not Kansas
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 20:28
    The book is stating that there is a secret society (The Knights Templer) that protects secret documents pertaining to the Holy grail and Jesus' mariage. That the grail is not a cup filled with Jesus' blood but acctualy the mother of his own children. The cup (a womb) that carries Jesus' blood.
    That's "Templar."
  6. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 20:47
    Actually the secret society was the Priory of Sion for whom the Knights Templar supposedly worked.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 21:13
    Did Jesus get married?

.... In a Way ..... yes ..... and we all got an invitation.
  8. Joined
    10 Jun '03
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 21:19
    Well, if the book goes on sale, maybe, just maybe I'll invest in it. MAYBE.
  9. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 03:06
    Don't know about Jesus, but somebody on Christian radio earlier this year was arguing that the Apostle Paul was, at least at some point in his life, married. The speaker thought there was a Biblical passage saying that Paul was Sanhedrin (spelling?), and it seems that one of the requirements to be one of them was to be a married man.

I neither support nor oppose that argument; I merely present it for whatever it might be worth.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 10:33
    I read the book and i see a few dillemmas.
    Firstly if Jesus marries Magdalene and had a child, that child would then be Jewish. Qthat childs descendents then went on to establish a secret order that proclaimed that Jesus was not God
  11. England
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 10:111 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Don't know about Jesus, but somebody on Christian radio earlier this year was arguing that the Apostle Paul was, at least at some point in his life, married. The speaker thought there was a Biblical passage saying that Paul was Sanhedri ...[text shortened]... that argument; I merely present it for whatever it might be worth.
    i think it was peter who was married, after jesus returned to god the others went preaching, but he returned to his family. Then latter went as jesus had told him. Plus we are all invited to the wedding feast of jesus, tho he never married on earth, the book codes are a work of fiction but well written with a good plot . Hollywood should make it a movie. but are backing off due to its content with the bible belt bunch. But as a devout christian nothing will shake my foundation of faith, (last temptation of christ and life of brian as examples).
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:17

So what do you think?

Did Jesus get married?
    All I know is that biblical historical accounts are recorded to suit christian doctrine, any truth that didn't was edited, changed or omitted, much like most historical accounts.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:28

Did Jesus get married?
    If you're interested in the idea that JC got together with the Magdalene and started up a line of kings, as well as the Templars (etc), try this website: http://www.thevesselofgod.com/ It's profoundly enjoyable.

14. London
    Moves
    31 Jul '05 12:47
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Did Jesus get married?

.... In a Way ..... yes ..... and we all got an invitation.
    LOL.

Are you thinking of Lumen Gentium?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    31 Jul '05 16:20
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    LOL.

Are you thinking of Lumen Gentium?

Not particularly. We have a nuptial faith. The first miracle Jesus Christ performed was at a wedding ...... that's not a coïncidence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree