1. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 22:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, sorry, I decline, I wouldn't want to be myth-understood.

And certainly, if he insists on acting like a horse's ass, I don't have to talk to him.
    Not a problem. It is Atheism that is myth understood.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 14:24
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    But you're also saying she gave birth at age 12 or 13. The average age of fertility was higher a century or two ago; who knows what it was at ~0 BCE. How can you be so sure Mary was able to conceive at such a young age? What if her age of fertility was higher than average?
    Well, whether or not she could conceive normally at that age, the fact remains that she did become "with child" and did in fact give birth.

I would guess that the age of fertility was actually less then than it is now. When a species' lifespan is shorter, it makes sense to become fertile sooner so that children can be produced as soon as possible within a shorter lifespan. I think the only reason why our fertility has not come later with increasing lifespan is because socially (through exposure to media sources, as well as cultural pressures), humans are encouraged to be sexually precocious, especially females.
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 14:29
    the fact remains that she did become "with child" and did in fact give birth.
    You do realize that you have an extremely warped definition of fact.
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 14:57
    I wonder if there is a Christian in the world who understands that there is no evidence for Jesus or any of his merry band of hooligans nor can there be otherwise faith is useless. Faith is how the bible tells them to believe. So....any Christians want to provide evidence of Jesus?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 20:25
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    I wonder if there is a Christian in the world who understands that there is no evidence for Jesus or any of his merry band of hooligans nor can there be otherwise faith is useless. Faith is how the bible tells them to believe. So....any Christians want to provide evidence of Jesus?
    Don't be lazy. Do your own research. We did ours. 😏
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 20:36
    Well, whether or not she could conceive normally at that age, the fact remains that she did become "with child" and did in fact give birth.

I would guess that the age of fertility was actually less then than it is now. When a species' lifespan is shorter, it makes sense to become fertile sooner so that children can be produced as soon as possible within ...[text shortened]... as cultural pressures), humans are encouraged to be sexually precocious, especially females.
    Sure, she gave birth, but you don't have any real justification for assuming that she was 12 or 13 when she did it. She may have been a late bloomer for all we know.

And if marrying off your daughter at age 12 isn't encouraging her to be sexually precocious, I don't know what is.
  7. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 22:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't be lazy. Do your own research. We did ours. 😏
    There we have it, a Christian of no faith and no evidence either.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:08
    Sure, she gave birth, but you don't have any real justification for assuming that she was 12 or 13 when she did it. She may have been a late bloomer for all we know.

And if marrying off your daughter at age 12 isn't encouraging her to be sexually precocious, I don't know what is.
    It was merely "the way it was" back then. Low life span means if you're gonna reproduce, you better be on about it, no wasting any time.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:30
    It was merely "the way it was" back then. Low life span means if you're gonna reproduce, you better be on about it, no wasting any time.
    That's fine once you have fertility. Really, you just have to take advantage of those years, wherever they may fall. Get in your birthing before you die.

I just don't see any indication that they had fertility as young as age 12 at that time. Has anyone researched it?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:33

I would guess that the age of fertility was actually less then than it is now. When a species' lifespan is shorter, it makes sense to become fertile sooner so that children can be produced as soon as possible within ...[text shortened]... as cultural pressures), humans are encouraged to be sexually precocious, especially females.
    Our fertility does come later. The people who are getting pregnant at 13 tend to be members of populations that often die young.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:34
    That's fine once you have fertility. Really, you just have to take advantage of those years, wherever they may fall. Get in your birthing before you die.

I just don't see any indication that they had fertility as young as age 12 at that time. Has anyone researched it?
    I don't see any reason to doubt Mary was pregnant by 12 or 13.
  12. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There is no reason to doubt she was pregnant when she didn't sleep with a man? Can you provide another incidence of any woman actually giving birth to a child without being touched by a man? If not, you have plenty of reason to doubt.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:491 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    And I suppose they let 12-year-old couples take cross-country trips alone to register in a census?

Yeah, you have no reason to doubt. 🙄
  14. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 00:56
    And I suppose they let 12-year-old couples take cross-country trips alone to register in a census?

Yeah, you have no reason to doubt. 🙄
    That was because the author of the gospel that first mentioned Nazareth misread Isaiah 11:1 (proving he , she or it didn't know Hebrew worth anything) and thought NETZER (branch) was a town that wasn't settled between 700 BCE and 135 CE.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 04:44
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    That was because the author of the gospel that first mentioned Nazareth misread Isaiah 11:1 (proving he , she or it didn't know Hebrew worth anything) and thought NETZER (branch) was a town that wasn't settled between 700 BCE and 135 CE.
    Keep working on your research. You will probably get it right eventually. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree