1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:16
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I didn't blame religions. But you have to admit that there are many negative outcomes of religious misinterpretations. Buildings are blown up by crashing aeroplanes into them; people blow up themselves with bombs and kill many others in the process; and in this case, this sicko shot others before killing himself. All these psycho acts were done in the name ...[text shortened]... t they did because of (the wrong understanding/interpretation of) their respective religions.
    You're an idiot. He did NOT kill all those people in the name of religion. Just because he mentioned Jesus in his diatribe doesn't mean his crimes had a religious motivation to them. There are many people who do kill in the name of their religion, but the Virginia Tech killer was not one of them.
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There are many people who do kill in the name of their religion......
    I'm glad that you acknowledge this...
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:23
    I'm glad that you acknowledge this...
    Of course. Any simpleton knows that. What remains to be seen is whether you'll publicly withdraw your baseless claim that the Virginia Tech killer was one of them.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:30
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Of course. Any simpleton knows that. What remains to be seen is whether you'll publicly withdraw your baseless claim that the Virginia Tech killer was one of them.
    I must be mistaken for which I offer my sincere apology. This guy mentioned about Jesus' suffering and humiliation and the way he died on the cross, and then went on to kill these people. It sounded very much like wanting to make a statement, or some sort of revenge for Jesus. It sounded very much like religiously motivated act to me. But I admit that I may be wrong. But the point I am trying to make is that religious teachings, if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome. Again, others may not agree with me.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:40
    I must be mistaken for which I offer my sincere apology. This guy mentioned about Jesus' suffering and humiliation and the way he died on the cross, and then went on to kill these people. It sounded very much like wanting to make a statement, or some sort of revenge for Jesus. It sounded very much like religiously motivated act to me. But I admit that I may ...[text shortened]... if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome. Again, others may not agree with me.
    As one of the more vocal atheists on this site, I would say that religious teachings may result in negative outcome, even if taken the right way. But that is another debate...

The killer compared his suffering to Jesus'. That doesn't mean he was killing in Jesus' name.
  6. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:581 edit
    I must be mistaken for which I offer my sincere apology. This guy mentioned about Jesus' suffering and humiliation and the way he died on the cross, and then went on to kill these people. It sounded very much like wanting to make a statement, or some sort of revenge for Jesus. It sounded very much like religiously motivated act to me. But I admit that I may ...[text shortened]... if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome. Again, others may not agree with me.
    "...[religious teachings], if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome."

That is a hollow statement. Watch...

"...[philosophy], if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome."

OR

"...[education], if taken the wrong way, may result in a negative outcome."

This can be applied to anything.

The teachings of christ(1) are about love, tolerance, and peace. It's very clear that he twisted this message to support his rampage. You can't blame religion for that. You have to blame the person.

(1)This is an oversimplification of course. I just wanted to get the point accross.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 06:03
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    [bThis can be applied to anything.[/b]

Indeed!

The teachings of christ are about love, tolerance, and peace. It's very clear that he twisted this message to support his rampage. You can't blame religion for that. You have to blame the person.

Again, if you care to read my earlier post, I AM NOT BLAMING RELIGIONS; rather the persons who wrongly understood them.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 06:06
    Read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/18/AR2007041800834_pf.html

"Jesus loved crucifying me," he said at another point. "He loved inducing cancer in my head, terrorizing my heart and ripping my soul all this time."

This guy had far greater problems than just some confusion about religion.
  9. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 06:321 edit
    Ok... you might want to make a clearer thesis in your last post then because that's not what it sounded like to me.
    Meh... It can go either way I guess. I'll quit bothering you. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree