1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 20:49
    Thank you for your replies which I'm sure are full of insight and truth; unfortunately I am too "unintelligent" to discern truth.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Thank you for your replies which I'm sure are full of insight and truth; unfortunately I am too "unintelligent" to discern truth.
    Before you go... I forgot to add that the sentient soybean will be reincarnated as a theist meat eater, completing the Karmic cycle.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    Before you go... I forgot to add that the sentient soybean will be reincarnated as a theist meat eater, completing the Karmic cycle.
    I love sentient vegetables. There is a poster here who has stated somewhere that "vegetables have souls", I believe this completely. That's because I'm intelligent enough to see that it is the truth.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 23:56
    I love sentient vegetables. There is a poster here who has stated somewhere that "vegetables have souls", I believe this completely. That's because I'm intelligent enough to see that it is the truth.
    Don't tell Dasa that or he might starve himself to death.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 06:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't tell Dasa that or he might starve himself to death.
    Who do you think made these statements:

[One of 3 reasons] people won't accept the [Dasa's] truth is because they are not intelligent enough

vegetables have souls
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 07:03
    Who do you think made these statements:

[One of 3 reasons] people won't accept the [Dasa's] truth is because they are not intelligent enough

vegetables have souls
    Do you mean Dasa said that?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 07:05
    Do you mean Dasa said that?
    Dude!!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 07:08
    Dude!!
    My gosh!
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 09:19
    My gosh!
    Dasa’s tradition does not force the believer to avoid eating things that have “soul” in them; the human beings cannot live on inorganic substances. Our Dasa is merely rephrasing the sastra in which are mentioned the organic substances that his fellow believers are allowed to eat, according to their tradition. To me, it’s obvious that Dasa is aware of the fact that each living being is the food for another, for this general rule is mentioned in the Vedas. In fact, Dasa said repeatedly that each living being has a particular food which is meant for it, and, for the human beings, this food is vegetarian organic substances.

Now, as regards whether or not the plants have “soul”, first take your sweet time to check the easier to comprehend available pieces of information at http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Philosophy/Morality/Biology/DoPlantsHaveSouls.htm
    and come again
    😵
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 15:05
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Dasa’s tradition does not force the believer to avoid eating things that have “soul” in them; the human beings cannot live on inorganic substances. Our Dasa is merely rephrasing the sastra in which are mentioned the organic substances that his fellow believers are allowed to eat, according to their tradition. To me, it’s obvious that Dasa is aware of th ...[text shortened]... .animalliberationfront.com/Philosophy/Morality/Biology/DoPlantsHaveSouls.htm
    and come again
    😵
    Even if plants are living souls similar to animals, I do not see any
    justification for us to limit our diet to vegetation or fruit and seed only.
    Animals are eaten by other animals as part of the natural food chain as
    was pointed out. I do not agree with killing animals for sport or being
    cruel to animals, except pests, however.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 08:52
    Even if plants are living souls similar to animals, I do not see any
    justification for us to limit our diet to vegetation or fruit and seed only.
    Animals are eaten by other animals as part of the natural food chain as
    was pointed out. I do not agree with killing animals for sport or being
    cruel to animals, except pests, however.
    Dasa's justification regarding this matter according to his tradition the way he perceives it, as well as the lack of justification according to yours the way you perceive it, are both irrelevant. I simply clarified what exactly his tradition is proposing over here, which is neither "evil" by any means, nor ill-considered or abnormal.
    Whatever one will choose to eat and why, are finally related to one's evaluation of the mind alone although you both appear confident that your own evaluation of the mind is "absolutely true" and "objective" because it draws its origins from the so called "word of G-d"
    😵
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:24
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Dasa's justification regarding this matter according to his tradition the way he perceives it, as well as the lack of justification according to yours the way you perceive it, are both irrelevant. I simply clarified what exactly his tradition is proposing over here, which is neither "evil" by any means, nor ill-considered or abnormal.
    Whatever one wil ...[text shortened]... rue" and "objective" because it draws its origins from the so called "word of G-d"
    😵
    You sound like a skeptic of the Holy Bible and God as Creator of the heavens
    and the earth. You need to view the video on creation and evolution I posted
    on another thread. Maybe it would help you determine what you should
    believe is true. You seem to be intelligent, but on the wrong path.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:26
    You sound like a skeptic of the Holy Bible and God as Creator of the heavens
    and the earth. You need to view the video on creation and evolution I posted
    on another thread. Maybe it would help you determine what you should
    believe is true. You seem to be intelligent, but on the wrong path.
    Who decides what the 'right path' is?!
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Jar jar Binks, of course.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:39
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree